Windows 10: [Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts

Discus and support [Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] Hi guys. Is there any way to change the Menu Bar shortcuts for specific apps? In Premiere Pro I wanna use the Alt Key for a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/call_me_Danyo, Feb 10, 2020.

1. [Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts

[Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts [​IMG]

Hi guys.

Is there any way to change the Menu Bar shortcuts for specific apps? In Premiere Pro I wanna use the Alt Key for a couple of shortcuts but some of those are already used by the Menu Bar. Alt+E opens up the Edit tab in the Menu Bar. Can I somehow change the shortcut to something like Alt+I so it wouldnt bother me anymore? Somehow Davinci Resolve has this function of Alt -> Menu bar completely shut off. If theres a possibility to do that it would be even better.

https://preview.redd.it/7kvf376z95g...bp&s=1bdb2f312104e23ac653d2e601dc19dc9062ecec

submitted by /u/call_me_Danyo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/call_me_Danyo, Feb 10, 2020

2. changing size of title bars, menues, etc, in windows 10

Hi Gary,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

With the information that you've provided, I understand that you wish to change the title bar, menus of File Explorer to bold, correct me if I'm wrong. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X key and select Control Panel.
    • Select Display.
    • Select the item that you wish to make bold from the drop down menu.
    • Check the box next to Bold and click on Apply.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Keyboard shortcuts change

Hi Pandax,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know more information to help you better.

• What shortcuts you wish to change specifically on Windows 10 including shortcuts which start with Windows logo?

• Do you use Windows 10 on Desktop/Laptop?
    Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that you can use to perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can make it easier to work with your PC, saving you time and effort as you
    work with Windows and other apps. You may try the below steps on Windows 10 to change the settings related to Keyboard on Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Open Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Ease of access.

• Select Keyboard and you can change the options as you wish.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 10, 2020
  4. [Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts

Menu Bar for IE10

Hi CherylPree,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you need to find the menu bar in Internet 10.
    The menu bar can be turned on or off in Internet Explorer. Here's how to display the menu bar if it is turned off.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

To display the menus temporarily

• In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Press Alt.
    To display the menus permanently

• In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click
      Internet Explorer.
    • Click the View button, point to Toolbars, and then click
      Menu Bar.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

[Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts

1. [Help!] Changing or disabling Menu Bar Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Help Changing disabling

2. Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable WINDOWS + Space Bar shortcut to switch between languages: Hi, I'm on Windows 11 and recently noticed the shortcut "Windows + Space Bar" will switch between my computer's languages and keyboard layout. Shortcut used to be ALT + Shift and could be disabled by going into Time & Language > Typing > Advanced keyboard settings > Language...
  3. Disable or change shortcut for Application Guard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable or change shortcut for Application Guard: Hi all, I can be very fat fingered on the keyboard and sometimes when I try to hit CTRL + A to highlight all text I accidently also press down the shift key at the same time which triggers Application Guard to start shortcut is CTRL+SHIFT+A. This is frustrating not only...
  4. Cannot Disable Shortcut Text!!! Help!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Disable Shortcut Text!!! Help!!!: Microsoft is the devil. In other news, I can't disable windows explorer shortcut text from being added on to shortcuts I create. I've tried manually doing the reg edits in the below field to 00 00 00 00 and it makes... 0 difference....
  5. Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications.: As you all already know.. Windows 10 sucks.. I'd to ask for help bz this problem is super annoying and I don't know what triggers it...Pressing Alt once activates something that lets user to use keyboard to access menu bar.. But something happened and I can't use it for Hot...
  6. No Toolbars or Menu Bars, at all! Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Toolbars or Menu Bars, at all! Help!: Just bought my PC laptop and every single toolbar (File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Table, Tools, Window, Help) for every app and browser I open, is missing and there isn't one example that I could find in order to get some help. Please help, thank you....
  7. Change Start Menu Shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Start Menu Shortcut: I recently reinstalled a program and the shortcut in the start menu points to a incorrect location, so the program won't start. How do I change the shortcut to point to the correct location?...
  8. Disable or change keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable or change keyboard shortcuts: I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts (via Hotkeyp). But it's awkward wiggling around the plethora of built-in shortcuts, most of which I will never use. how can I alter them? 113787
  9. Disable Windows notification bar keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows notification bar keyboard shortcut: I'm playing a full-screen game and the Windows notification bar on the right opens up. Why? Is there a custom shortcut? How do I disable it? 88397
  10. Small problem changing shortcuts in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Small problem changing shortcuts in start menu: Whenever I try to move, delete or rename a shortcut in \ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs or its subfolders, appears this window (but the shortcut is moved, deleted or renamed without problems): [img] Really it is not a problem, but it seems that...