Windows 10: Help changing the type of a Microsoft account

Discus and support Help changing the type of a Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my email carrier, so I currently have 2 Microsoft accounts. I need to make my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Microsoft to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ruthie 801, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Help changing the type of a Microsoft account

I changed my email carrier, so I currently have 2 Microsoft accounts. I need to make my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Microsoft to a local user account. According to information I read on the Microsoft Support pages, if I delete the centurylink.net account I could lose any changes I made when that was my only email address.That would make my new email address my Microsoft Account using *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I will continue to use RuthS Administrator as my sign in when my computer Starts or Restarts. I really want to remove "Test" as a sign in option.How do I make the above changes s to my Mi

:)

ruthie 801, Jul 22, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    changing the user account type

Thank you for getting back to us with the result, Cham.

Since you're unable to download the suggested method from the previous reply, let's resolve this in a different approach.

If you're able to go back to your desktop, kindly do so. Once there, follow the steps below:

• Press WinKey + Q, type user accounts and click on the result.
    • Then select your User Account > Click Manage another account.
    • In the following window, click Add a user account option.
    • Now we have to create a local account user. So after clicking Add an account, click
      Sign in without a Microsoft account (Not recommended), then click Local account. Fill the details on the screen so appeared for adding local account. Click
      Finish when done.
    • Press Windows Key + Q and type cmd, for the search results, click
      Command Prompt. Type the following command and hit Enter key:
      • shutdown /r /o
    • The previous step will result your system to boot into Safe Mode. After getting into
      Safe Mode, press Windows Key + Q, type user accounts, and pick the same from results so appear. You would have now two accounts on your system; first your issued admin account and second the local account which you’ve
      created in step 2. Select local account.
    • Now click Change the account type.
    • Moving on, change the account status from Standard to Administrator. Click
      Change Account Type.

This way, the new user account you created has been changed to an Administrator account. Restart your machine and log in to this account with Admin rights. You can now backup your documents from the old admin account.

Finally, delete the old admin account and switch to Microsoft account to synchronize your settings with a new administrative account. Your system will now act normally with full admin rights in your hand.

Let us know how things go on your end.

Best,

Anne

Anne Fuj, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Help changing the type of a Microsoft account

Change type of account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

1. Begin by right-clicking
    the Start Icon of Windows.

2. Then click Control Panel

3. Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
    Change Account Type

4. Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

5. Then click on Change Account Type

6. Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

7. Click on Change Account Type

The account has now been changed to the account type you choose, if the user was logged in, he has to sign-out and sign-in again for the changes to take effect.

Note:

The account has now been changed to the account type you choose, if the user was logged in, he has to sign-out and sign-in again for the changes to take effect.

Post back if you need further assistance, We will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Help changing the type of a Microsoft account

1. Help changing the type of a Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Help changing type

2. I need help changing my account type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help changing my account type: the problem I'm having is I changed my account type, I'm not sure what to but it is no longer a standard account and no longer an administrator account.I have tried various times to change it, going into control panel and netplwiz and tried to reset my device but my computer...
  3. I need help changing my account type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help changing my account type: the problem I'm having is I changed my account type, I'm not sure what to but it is no longer a standard account and no longer an administrator account.I have tried various times to change it, going into control panel and netplwiz and tried to reset my device but my computer...
  4. Account Type changing issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account Type changing issue: I want to change my account to Standard type but the option is disabled . What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-type-changing-issue/26782d3d-2cc3-4a00-b1de-f6cab082c27b
  5. Account Type Change Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Type Change Problem: [IMG]Hello to All; I have newly purchased HP Spectre x360. I have two accounts and type of both account is "Standard account" mistakenly. When I try to change one of them to "Administrator account", It's unable to change. I have put the picture of the problem also. Kindly...
  6. cannot change type of user account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot change type of user account.: Hi, Please Help Me! When i creat a strandard account and i change it in administrator. Then i open it, my computer say to me"user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded". Then i close it and open my old strandard account and tried to...
  7. To change the user account type

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    To change the user account type: when I tried to change the user [ATTACH]account type it wont allowing me to change it. And when iam deleting the files in one user account and it will be also[ATTACH]deleted in another administrator account also....
  8. change account type to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change account type to local account: Why change account type to local account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-account-type-to-local-account/da9d0232-02dc-4c00-a93f-785072c885f3"
  9. Need help changing file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help changing file type: Hello, I'm having a problem where I'm unable to choose "Save as type: All files", in order to change the format of a document using a word processor. I do not have Microsoft Word, but I've tried this with both WordPad and LiberOffice Writer and it isn't working. I'm trying...
  10. Change Account Type in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Account Type in Windows 10: How to: Change Account Type in Windows 10 How to Change Account Type of Users in Windows 10 [img] Information When you set up Windows, you were required to create a user account. This account is an administrator account that allows you to set up your PC and install...