Windows 10: Help choosing a secondary HDD

Discus and support Help choosing a secondary HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA (love this thing) as a boot drive and a 1TB Toshiba HDD for storage and every thing else. I need a bigger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JayceeM, Apr 29, 2020.

1. JayceeM Win User

Help choosing a secondary HDD

I have a Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA (love this thing) as a boot drive and a 1TB Toshiba HDD for storage and every thing else. I need a bigger secondary HDD. Is there an advantage to a hybrid drive like the Seagate FireCuda as a secondary drive? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

:)

JayceeM, Apr 29, 2020
  2. JayceeM Win User

I have a Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA (love this thing) as a boot drive and a 1TB Toshiba HDD for storage and every thing else. I need a bigger secondary HDD. Is there an advantage to a hybrid drive like the Seagate FireCuda as a secondary drive? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

JayceeM, May 23, 2020
  3. drdeathx Win User
    Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, May 23, 2020
  4. Help choosing a secondary HDD

100% Usage on Secondary HDD

I'm sure that isn't a problem with my HDD. I've just bought this brand new WD 4TB HDD. And on the top of this inquiry, I mentioned that something wired is that the 100% usage jumps between HDDs. It's disk E,F,G this time and it would be disk C,D or H,L next
    time after I restart.(I have 3 Secondary Hdds).

The 100% occurs only when some applications are making use of the disk, such as file copying.

donglinyang, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Help choosing a secondary HDD - Similar Threads - Help choosing secondary

2. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  3. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  4. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  5. Secondary HDD totally inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Secondary HDD totally inaccessible: Recently I encountered system slowdown and instability on my Windows 10 PC. After trying a large amount of troubleshooting steps, I've almost fixed the problem by using "Reset This PC" to reinstall Windows without removing personal files. However, there's still one issue:...
  6. Secondary hdd boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary hdd boot error: I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I entered the bios and the boot order is ok.. however if I press esc several times I get the option to choose a boot drive.. so I...
  7. Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping?

Secondary HDD Possibly Sleeping?: Hello, I have recently did a restore on the comp (cleaning the craps) and I can't remember how I fixed it before...but I'd like it so that Windows 10 doesn't put my secondary HDD asleep. I actually have programs on there I access and I've noticed a delay on launching...
  8. Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Choosing a new desktop hard secondary drive: I am running a SSD drive for my operating system, and my 320 GB 5400 RPM secondary drive is getting quite full. I am a big fan of Western Digital drives, and when I saw this add yesterday for a Western Blue 1TB 7200 RPM drive at a good price, I thought this might be a good...
  9. Advice on Choosing a new HDD

Advice on Choosing a new HDD: Hi there people! I'm beggining my hunt for a new HDD for my recent laptop, the toshiba it currently has is good, but sometimes hurts performance (8 MB cache and 5400 RPM), specially when processing big files on Clip Studio or Photoshop, so I decided that, since my warranty...
  10. Secondary HDD not turning off

Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...