Windows 10: (help) chrome keeps on closing after command prompt opens then closed

Discus and support (help) chrome keeps on closing after command prompt opens then closed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I open chrome (I use incognito) i can use it for around 3 minutes before command prompt opens momentarily then chrome closes, around 5 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Temporary_Ad_1838, May 9, 2022.

1. (help) chrome keeps on closing after command prompt opens then closed

When I open chrome (I use incognito) i can use it for around 3 minutes before command prompt opens momentarily then chrome closes, around 5 seconds later a normal chrome window then opens (not incognito) with the web page of what I was last on when not using incognito (if I browsed football yesterday not on incognito, it will appear)

If I open incognito again the same thing happens again but for some reason command prompt never opens, if I restart PC then do it again, command prompt opens again for 1st time then not for other times

Microsoft edge works fine

It happens when not using incognito too

I've done windows defender scans and nothing shows up

Please help me if you know anything that can help, thanks.

submitted by /u/Temporary_Ad_1838
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Temporary_Ad_1838, May 9, 2022
  2. George Win User

Command Prompt Won't Close

Hello,

Some ancient memory from a past life keeps prompting me to type in "q" to quit - Does not work!! The only way i close them that I know of is to type "exit" (without the quotes, of course). I suppose you could trick out another keypress to type exit. HTH.

George, May 9, 2022
  3. Prompt window opens and closes

I recently upgraded to Widows 10 and now what appears to be a command prompt window keeps opening and quickly closing every few minutes. My computer will not go into sleep mode or display the screen saver and I assume it is because of this window that keeps
    opening and closing. I've verified that all my drivers are updated. I'm not sure what else I need to do to keep this from happening.

Thanks!

Clintonbillyz, May 9, 2022
  4. (help) chrome keeps on closing after command prompt opens then closed

Keeping command prompt from closing after executing JScript

I have a .js file that I am not allowed to modify. I can execute it by opening cmd.exe and entering the following:

When I do that, the script runs to completion, and once it is done, it keeps the command prompt open so that I can read its output.

Since I don't want to go through those steps every time I need to execute a .js file, I rick clicked my_script.js, selected the "Open with" option, and set cscript.exe as the default program to run .js files.

After doing that, I am now able execute my_script.js by double clicking it. This is exactly what I wanted, but a new issue has arisen: once my_script.js finishes executing, the command prompt where the output is displayed closes automatically.

I have read the answers to other questions that describe how to fix this issue, but none of them apply to my particular situation (I am not allowed to modify the .js file).

Is there a way to keep the command prompt open after the .js file finishes executing?

De'Angers Van Zan, May 9, 2022
Thema:

(help) chrome keeps on closing after command prompt opens then closed

1. (help) chrome keeps on closing after command prompt opens then closed - Similar Threads - help chrome keeps

2. Command prompt keeps opening up and closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt keeps opening up and closes: Command prompt keeps opening up and closes when I start my device or Google Chrome. I'm not sure what this is but I've read others saying it was a malware. I tried factory resetting my device multiple times but the issue stays unsolved....
  3. Command prompt keeps opening up and closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command prompt keeps opening up and closes: Command prompt keeps opening up and closes when I start my device or Google Chrome. I'm not sure what this is but I've read others saying it was a malware. I tried factory resetting my device multiple times but the issue stays unsolved....
  4. Command prompt keeps opening up and closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Command Prompt Opening Then Closing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command Prompt Opening Then Closing: At the moment I have a problem with my HP laptop. I am running Windows 11 and every 1 minute or so I am not certain if it is a regular time a blank command prompt will open under the system32 directory. There would be no text within the prompt and the title would be the...
  6. Command prompt window opens, Chrome repeatedly closes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command prompt window opens, Chrome repeatedly closes?: I recently got a problem where a command prompt window opened, and no visible command is run before it disappears. Then after the command prompt window closes it opens for only half a second my google chrome starts to close repeatedly, approximately every 30 seconds. It seems...
  7. Command prompt window opens, Chrome repeatedly closes?

Command prompt window opens, Chrome repeatedly closes?: I recently got a problem where a command prompt window opened, and no visible command is run before it disappears. Then after the command prompt window closes it opens for only half a second my google chrome starts to close repeatedly, approximately every 30 seconds. It seems...
  8. Command prompt window opens, Chrome repeatedly closes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Command prompts open and closes after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a
  10. Command prompts open and closes after startup

Command prompts open and closes after startup: The command prompt window states: C:\Users\Loriefel\AppData\Roaming\Ffox.cif https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompts-open-and-closes-after-startup/e268668d-56ae-4efe-a274-b9625a6ba97a