Windows 10: [help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore

Discus and support [help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had this problem for a couple of days now, when I open chrome it opens and works fine for a couple of seconds but then when I try to search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maks244, Mar 16, 2020.

1. [help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore

I've had this problem for a couple of days now, when I open chrome it opens and works fine for a couple of seconds but then when I try to search something the search never ends. I just see a spinning wheel. Even when I go to chrome settings they don't load. Then when I close chrome I can't open it anymore and when I try to end the 3 processes called 'chrome.exe' I get the message "Access Denied". Even if I try to use cmd I get the message:

"ERROR: The process "chrome.exe" with PID 8336 could not be terminated. Reason: There is no running instance of the task."

I tried scanning with Kaspersky, Malwarebytes and HitmanPro, I tried using safe mode and entirely reinstalling chrome removing every trace. I even reinstalled windows with the media creation tool... Nothing helped. Anyone got any ideas? By the way, Firefox doesn't open at all and Edge works fine.

submitted by /u/Maks244
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Maks244, Mar 16, 2020

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

[help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Mar 16, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Mar 16, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

[help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

[help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

[help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore

1. [help] Chrome works for a bit, then freezes, then doesn't open anymore - Similar Threads - help Chrome works

2. Winget doesn't work anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Winget doesn't work anymore.: Hello everyone, as you can see from the screenshot when i use the command "winget" it does nothing, the only change that i can see is the colour of the letters.Is there a solution?Thank in advance....
  3. Asphalt8 Doesn't open anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asphalt8 Doesn't open anymore.: It opens and immediately closes.Faulting application name: Asphalt8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63da516eFaulting module name: Asphalt8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63da516eException code: 0xc000001dFault offset: 0x00000000014f2371Faulting process id:...
  4. Asphalt8 Doesn't open anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt8 Doesn't open anymore.: It opens and immediately closes.Faulting application name: Asphalt8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63da516eFaulting module name: Asphalt8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63da516eException code: 0xc000001dFault offset: 0x00000000014f2371Faulting process id:...
  5. Chrome intermittently doesn't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome intermittently doesn't open: My operating system is Windows 10, 64 bit. My everyday browser is Chrome, which I have been using for some years without any problems. Recently I have had the situation that every few days Chrome will not open. After I reboot it works OK again for a few days then again won't...
  6. Fingertip doesn't work anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingertip doesn't work anymore: I've had this windows hello fingertip thing and it doesn't work anymore i tried to update the driver "Biometric devices" as in the picture but it says that it's already updated, my windows is updated as well[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Notebook doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notebook doesn't work anymore: Hi. I need emergency help So, I have this Lenovo Ideapad 320 for about 8months and it suddenly started having "blue screen" errors. I did what i found in the community, and that was cleaning my HD by CMD, it helped that was March 18th. Then everything was fine until...
  8. License doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License doesn't work anymore: My computer started to tell me my license was going to expire, and I didn't really look into it. Then the messages stopped coming up, and was replaced with a Activate Windows thing in the corner. Today, I wanted to play a game from the microsoft store, and when I tried to...
  9. Google Chrome doesn't open anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome doesn't open anymore: Hi. I have a PC that runs Windows 10 When I click on the Google Chrome icon (in the taskbar) it doesn't open anymore. What happened? What I could try to fix this problem? Thanks...
  10. "Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Open With" then "Use by Default" Doesn't work anymore?: So maybe i stopped updating windows when i Heard that MS was Deleting our files. Then some time later i found out that "Use By Default" function isn't setting the Application to use for opening a certain file. Like this : [img] So i thought something probably went...