Windows 10: **HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo...

Discus and support **HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I just installed a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD into my Samsung Series 7 Chronos Model NP700Z5A ( NP700Z5A-S04US ). Ok, I am booting from a usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyR22, Nov 20, 2019.

1. **HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo...

Hello

I just installed a new Samsung 860 EVO SSD into my Samsung Series 7 Chronos Model NP700Z5A ( NP700Z5A-S04US ).

Ok, I am booting from a usb drive that has the windows iso image. I get through the whole install process and once the laptop restarts it takes me back to the windows installation process again and again from step one. I even have gone into the bios and switch the boot order to boot off of the new SSD and still does it. I tried unplugging the usb boot drive and restart and it just goes into a boot loop and the screen turns on and off continuously. Bios is reading the drive and everything. I deleted all partitions.

This particular model does come with a express ssd cache of 8gb installed on the mother board. Would that be interfering? It does not show up in the bios but the windows installation tool does see it in the initial set up.

Im stuck. And need desperate help!

Here is a link to my notebook - https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/np700z5a

And a link to the SSD I installed - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07864WMK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks in advance.

:)

AnthonyR22, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Yaoshi Win User

Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!

I,too, experienced the same phenomena with my Samsung Chronos 7. I tried something that I didn't see in your post. After completing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, I downloaded Samsung's SW Update .exe from their support site for my model. When I opened SW Update, it, in turn, downloaded several driver and utility software packages unique to my model. One by one, I installed them. Some were denied by Windows 10, but I installed those that were accepted. Then, I rebooted ... and I was amazed at the speed of the boot. There was not even a second between the Windows splash screen (which appeared for 2 seconds) and the sign-in window. Perhaps this will work for you, too. **HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo... :)

Yaoshi, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Josh_922 Win User
    Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Nov 20, 2019
  4. J00N1 Win User

**HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo...

windows 10 upgrade on samsung series 7 chronos

Sorry for replying that late. I forgot about that thread. I tried it on my own and found several useful hints. To sum it up: Everything works fine and there is no reason to not upgrade the chronos 7 (I have Z700C5). I installed Win10 twice now and it became
    easier the second time. Compatibility problems have been solved and I did not need to use the compatibility mode for the samsung software anymore.

I installed Win10 and did everything after that.

• Download SWupdate tool as nealastiallar already pointed out.
    • You need Settings (for Fn-Keys and keyboard backlight) and Express Cache.
    • Install everything and do not wonder about Express Cache finding no volume. Restart.
    • Mount the SSD manually as the express cache with the manual. Start from step 3 and you need admin privileges for cmd:
    Tom's Hardware: For The Hardcore PC Enthusiast

For me it only worked with a running service so try to skip 10. In addition I used
    ECCmd -format # before step 11.

Hope that helps.

J00N1, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

**HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo...

1. **HELP** Clean Windows 10 Install on Samsung Series 7 Chronos notebook using Samsung Evo... - Similar Threads - **HELP** Clean Install

2. Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO: Hello, I have a Samsung 970 EVO disk and I am installing windows 10 but when installing it asks me for some drivers, I only find them as an .exe file but when loading them on the installation screen I do not see them inside the usb, I have to load another type archive? if so,...
  3. Samsung Notebook 9 Windows 10 Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Notebook 9 Windows 10 Clean Install: I have a Samsung Notebook 9 NP940X5N, which I bought around Dec, 2019. Recently, it has been giving me various BSOD errors. I backed up my hard drive and restored Windows 10. I think it was from a restore point, not a factory reset. BSOD errors occurred again, but this time I...
  4. Clean install of Windows 10 on Samsung Series 5

Clean install of Windows 10 on Samsung Series 5: Hi I created a Windows Bootable USB using Media Creator tool from a different Windows 10 machine. I plug in the USB (Phoenix BIOS) and go through installation and it does everything and says reboot. It reboots and I have tried 2 things - Leave the USB. -- in which case it...
  5. Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Series 7 slate is not turning on: I've left it charging for 8 hours and have pressed all the buttons at the same time, and the computer still doesnt turn on. If someone could help ASAP that would be great! Thanks...
  6. Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos

Windows 10 display brightness slider disappeared on Samsung Series 7 Chronos: Hello, I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop with an Intel Core i7 and a Radeon 8600/8700M graphics card. Yesterday, I noticed the brightness of the laptop screen was very dim when the laptop unplugged, but the screen was very bright when plugged in. I right clicked...
  7. Samsung Notebook 7 spin crash

Samsung Notebook 7 spin crash: My Samsung Notebook 7 Spin is about 3 years old, and came with an Intel Core i7 processor and Windows 8 installed. System has been fine for months and I've been updating when notified by Window's that an update was needed. The most resent update has crashed my laptop and...
  8. Remove Extraneous Partitions on HDD Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop

Remove Extraneous Partitions on HDD Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop: So I used the Windows 10 installation media to put the Windows 10 installation files on a flash drive, and the installed Windows 10 onto my Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop (it's old, it originally shipped with Windows 8; not 8.1, 8). After the installation, I went into the...
  9. Samsung SSD 850 EVO

Samsung SSD 850 EVO: [img] About This Product Upgrade virtually every aspect of your computer’s performance with Samsung’s new 850 EVO, designed with state-of-the-art SSD advancements including 3D V-NAND technology. As the next generation beyond the bestselling 840 EVO, you’ll get the...
  10. Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Time on Samsung Series 7 Chronos SLOW!: I recently upgraded to Win 10 on my Samsung Series 7 Chronos note book. I went from a boot time of 15 seconds to a 3 min boot time on Windows 10. I already tried disabling non essential start up programs, defragged my HDD, activated hybrid power, and performed a deep virus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung series 7 chronos windows 10

2. samsung chronos 7 windows 10