Windows 10: Help cleaning infected PC

Discus and support Help cleaning infected PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I have a used PC running Windows 10 there is a chromium app that I am unable to uninstall from the control panel as well as other pop ups... there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LoneWolffAlpha, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Help cleaning infected PC

Hi I have a used PC running Windows 10 there is a chromium app that I am unable to uninstall from the control panel as well as other pop ups... there is AVG antivirus installed on it but I don't have the money to subscribe to it to actually use it... any free software's I can use to clean up the PC? thanks

submitted by /u/LoneWolffAlpha
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LoneWolffAlpha, Dec 11, 2019
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Dec 11, 2019
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Help cleaning infected PC

clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Thema:

Help cleaning infected PC

1. Help cleaning infected PC - Similar Threads - Help cleaning infected

2. Please help me to remove a infected pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me to remove a infected pc.: My dad's pc was infected. I suspect it was Trojan, keyboards are malfunctioned some keys like 'a s d g h 4' worked but do not show this alphabets instead it shows ā ś ḍ ĝ and rupee symbol. I do not know how to fix please help. Cannot connect to wifi or open any programs....
  3. Please help me to remove a infected pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help me to remove a infected pc.: My dad's pc was infected. I suspect it was Trojan, keyboards are malfunctioned some keys like 'a s d g h 4' worked but do not show this alphabets instead it shows ā ś ḍ ĝ and rupee symbol. I do not know how to fix please help. Cannot connect to wifi or open any programs....
  4. Please help me to remove a infected pc.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Help needed. my pc is infected with trojan virus.

Help needed. my pc is infected with trojan virus.: Help needed. my pc is infected with trojan virus.Hello Community Members.I need a big help from you guys. Some how my Laptop HP 850G1 got infected with a trojan virus. now I can't remove it. All my files are got infected. Every file become .tisc . Now I really need help to...
  6. Need help doing a clean windows 10 install on a infected pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help doing a clean windows 10 install on a infected pc.: Long story short my modem got a DNS virus thanks to my ISP and now my computer is lagging like crazy and my internet connection is really bad. I was thinking about formating my computer to get rid of any viruses that got into it but here is the problem i only have this pc so...
  7. Help with Virus Infection

Help with Virus Infection: What in the registry needs to be changed after infection with"LogiCampNotifier"? [Original Title: virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/help-with-virus-infection/6ef0d3c9-21e9-4632-bccc-1b7015adf1e0
  8. Please help me HRM.file infected on my pc

Please help me HRM.file infected on my pc: Hi Guys, I don't know what to do, just found out on my desktop a new icon when i was clicking on it it says that i got randsomware, when i was looking on my drives some files where encrypted even my USB. Please tell me what to do are there any free software that i can use?...
  9. Possible infected PC

Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...
  10. Possible infected PC

Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...