Windows 10: Help : Compatibility mode won't run off, instructions for turning it off don't work

Discus and support Help : Compatibility mode won't run off, instructions for turning it off don't work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I would be so grateful to anyone who has any idea about why compatibility mode on my new laptop with newly purchased Microsoft 365 refuses to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hip Hooray, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Help : Compatibility mode won't run off, instructions for turning it off don't work

Hi,

I would be so grateful to anyone who has any idea about why compatibility mode on my new laptop with newly purchased Microsoft 365 refuses to turn off.

I don't recall ever turning it on, but leaving that aside, web instructions suggesting that once settings are open - users should click on the option 'Convert' in the side bar are not usable in this instance as a 'Convert' option is not present.

Equally, when using the other suggested option 'to uncheck the box' in:

>word>properties>compatibility>

makes no difference either.

I would be very grateful for any other suggestions as none of my documents are currently editable without opening them from 'recent documents', right clicking to 'copy', and instead of copying - editing them from there before printing - a method I discovered through trial and error.

Also, I believed that Windows 10 was the version included in Microsoft 365 Purchased from Microsoft website, but in >word>properties>compatibility, the drop down box next to the box which can be unchecked is only showing a list including vista and windows 8?

Thank you very much indeed in advance :

:)

Hip Hooray, Mar 1, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Mar 1, 2020
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Mar 1, 2020
  4. armym3 Win User

Help : Compatibility mode won't run off, instructions for turning it off don't work

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Help : Compatibility mode won't run off, instructions for turning it off don't work

1. Help : Compatibility mode won't run off, instructions for turning it off don't work - Similar Threads - Help Compatibility mode

2. Turn off the display don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display don't work: Hello! I am using Lenovo Legion i7, windows 11 pro. However, whey I press the power button it does not work. If I press multiple times after a few seconds it closes and then turns the display back on almost instantly. Any ideas why?...
  3. Turn off the display don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off the display don't work: Hello! I am using Lenovo Legion i7, windows 11 pro. However, whey I press the power button it does not work. If I press multiple times after a few seconds it closes and then turns the display back on almost instantly. Any ideas why?...
  4. Airplane mode won't turn off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane mode won't turn off: I've been trying to turn airplane mode off because it's not allowing me to connect to the wifi wirelessly. I have tried everything I could online but nothing seems to work. It does appear differently on my computer as opposed to other websites I've seen....
  5. Help turning off console mode!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help turning off console mode!: So my computer has recently been showing this black box when I try to log in with the command prompt Control+Alt+Delete to log in and Ive done some research and found out a setting or something called Console Mode has been turned on and this is why the black box is showing up...
  6. Compatibility mode - can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Compatibility mode - can't turn it off: Hi! I have a question about compatibility mode. Every single game client, or game show me after opening and running the program, that I'm on the compatibility mode. If I look closer to compatibility mode to those programs/games, i see every box unchecked (so no...
  7. Help : Compatibility mode won't turn off, instructions for turning it off don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help : Compatibility mode won't turn off, instructions for turning it off don't work: Hi, I would be so grateful to anyone who has any idea about why compatibility mode on my new laptop with newly purchased Microsoft 365 refuses to turn off. I don't recall ever turning it on, but leaving that aside, web instructions suggesting that once settings are open -...
  8. flight mode won't turn off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    flight mode won't turn off: I accidentally hit the airplane icon and now flight mode will not shut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-wont-turn-off/c5ec7086-a490-4df3-adbd-0af30daffa31
  9. How to turn off compatibility mode - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off compatibility mode - Windows 10: Is there a way to turn off compatibility mode or at least prevent the pop-up that appears every time I open programs? The problem started when I was fixing scaling issues....
  10. Restricted mode won't turn off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restricted mode won't turn off: Youtube's restricted mode keeps turning on by itself even after I've disabled it, and now I can't even turn it off at all. The button at the bottom of the page I'm being told to click isn't there and the button on the drop down bar on the side says that it's off - even though...