Windows 10: help: computer freezing during startup

Discus and support help: computer freezing during startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a big mystery problem and could really use some help--I turned on my computer Lenovo 2018 ThinkPad the other day, left the room, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aemckg, Sep 1, 2021.

1. aemckg Win User

help: computer freezing during startup

Hi, I've got a big mystery problem and could really use some help--I turned on my computer Lenovo 2018 ThinkPad the other day, left the room, and it was frozen when I came back in so I turned if off and tried to turn it back on again. It kept freezing during the booting process, and eventually I got the BSOD with an WHEA_UNDETECTABLE_ERROR. I had someone come take a look at the computer, but after taking it apart, testing all of the hardware, etc., he said there is no problem with the hardware or the computer itself, but rather the connection with Windows. He tried running it with a Lenox O

:)

aemckg, Sep 1, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Need help with freezing/crashing

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the freezing of your computer, let me suggest you to perform a clean boot. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and search for System Configuration
    • On the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services then click
      Disable all
    • Go to Startup tab then click Open Task Manager
    • In every Startup item, click Disable
    • Close the Task Manager
    • Click OK then restart your computer.
    • After restart, go back to System configuration, Enable one or two startup item then restart. Do the procedure until you find the reason why your computer freezes

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

1. help: computer freezing during startup - Similar Threads - help computer freezing

2. Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup: Hello everyone,for a while now my computer has been freezing and crashing at random intervals while in use. It started pretty tame with maybe 1 or 2 crashes per week, but since then it's developed into something much worse, crashing at least 4 times a day. This problem...
  3. Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup: Hello everyone,for a while now my computer has been freezing and crashing at random intervals while in use. It started pretty tame with maybe 1 or 2 crashes per week, but since then it's developed into something much worse, crashing at least 4 times a day. This problem...
  4. Computer freezing and crashing in windows + during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. pc freeze during and after the startup

in Windows 10 Support
    pc freeze during and after the startup: it start around 4 days ago, when i boot my pc in the morning it freeze after 3-5 mins.i can't move mouse or hear anything then i have to force shutdown and reboot . after rebooting it freeze again but this time it freeze right after i enter my password . so i force shutdown...
  6. Help, freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, freeze on startup: So yesterday my computer was working fine, i didn't update anything or do anything to alter the start up. Today after a few seconds of logging in it will freeze. I can sometimes manage to put in my password but it doesn't matter. As if on a timer it will freeze. Safe mode...
  7. Computer freezes during update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes during update: I just reinstall my system and I install windows 10 (1809) During the automatic update (to 1909) my computer just freezes. I can't even restart it because it freezes during the loading. All I can do is to run troubleshooting options and run in safe mode. The problem is that I...
  8. Computer freezing during game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing during game: Hello all, I have recently started having issues whilst playing The Witcher 3. Everything is fine for a short period of time after which my monitors will turn off for a short time before turning back on after which the game is frozen. This only started occurring recently....
  9. Computer Freezes at Startup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Freezes at Startup: When I shut my computer down and then I turn it back on it freezes at the Windows logo screen. (the back screen with nothing but the windows logo in the center). I'll long press the power button until it shuts off and then pressdthe power button it starts up ok. This...
  10. Computer freeze on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freeze on startup: Hello, So I decided to help my brother-in-law with his computer problems and I can't seem to find a fix. He installed Windows 10 creator's update a few months ago and has been experiencing problems with freezes upon starting the computer, that have made it impossible to...