Windows 10: [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update

Discus and support [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; During an update I lost power. When I rebooted later it did a disk scan so I let it run. And today it won't boot up. Sometimes when I try I get a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jtlkybncv, Oct 31, 2020.

1. [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update

During an update I lost power. When I rebooted later it did a disk scan so I let it run. And today it won't boot up. Sometimes when I try I get a black screen with just a cursor, sometimes I get a blue screen with a link to Microsoft's stopcode help page and the error code ntsf_file_system. I went into the settings and the bios to try to do a factory reset. So far nothing works. Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/jtlkybncv
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jtlkybncv, Oct 31, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Oct 31, 2020
  3. nmrm Win User
    computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

4. [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update

System restore failed and now my computer won' t boot at all

Hi Bjørn,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Method 1:

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up. If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the
    piece of hardware causing the issue. Then get any updated drivers\software for the device.

Method 2:

Perform a Startup repair from Advance boot option

• Boot your computer using a Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc.

• Select the correct time and keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from the Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options in the Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Repair from the Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Ronald San, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

[help] computer won't boot up after attempted update

1. [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update - Similar Threads - help computer won't

2. Apps Won't Open After Booting Up Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps Won't Open After Booting Up Computer: I start up the computer and enter the password to my account to sign in. Then the trouble begins.I can open a small handful of apps in the coming seconds. Like right now I managed to open File Explorer, Settings, and Discord. After that, I can't open ANYTHING. No matter what...
  3. Apps Won't Open After Booting Up Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps Won't Open After Booting Up Computer: I start up the computer and enter the password to my account to sign in. Then the trouble begins.I can open a small handful of apps in the coming seconds. Like right now I managed to open File Explorer, Settings, and Discord. After that, I can't open ANYTHING. No matter what...
  4. Computer won't boot up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer won't boot up.: Friends computer was hacked, He had bank seal his accounts, no harm, hacker did something and computer will not boot up, Two technicians have not been able to fix it. Do any of those Thumb Drive repairs advertised on the internet work. They say they go in and remove viruses...
  5. Computer won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up after factory reset: I factory reset my PC after getting a new computer but the second after everything was completed the computer is in a constant state of booting up, starts to load, abruptly stops loading, shuts off, restarts, begins to boot up, starts to load rinse and repeat. I cannot access...
  6. Computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't boot up: So basically I am stuck on the choose an option screen. When I first start the pc I get a black screen all the way, but then I force shut down by holding the power button, and I get put on the infinite choose an option screen. When I check the bios my SSD and my hard drive...
  7. Computer won't boot up

Computer won't boot up: Hallo, I can't boot up anymore my laptop. It shows smart hard disk error. Otherwise if I continue to start my laptop it tries to repair itself. That goes on in a loop or the screen just stays on but nothing happens. I cant get into Bios advanced settings. Or boot the...
  8. Computer won't boot after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't boot after 1909 update: Got a notice today that my current version 1809 was nearing end of service and that i should restart and install the new update. I'd been holding off because i tried the update before and it wouldnt boot, at first, that time either but, after a few restarts, it did finally...
  9. Computer won't boot after latest update.

Computer won't boot after latest update.: Since the latest update when I start the computer it gets onto Windows and a small screen pops up with Personalized settings in it. That's as far as it gets though. I tried to go back to an earlier version, but it fails each time. I also tried to repair, but it just sits...
  10. After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the Oct 2018 update, my computer won't boot up: My computer automatically installed the new windows update on Oct 13. I downloaded a new program monosnap on Oct 14 and now my computer won't boot up completely. It spins like it's working on booting up. I took out the battery and tried to boot up again. Then I got an error...