Windows 10: Help connecting dual monitors

Discus and support Help connecting dual monitors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Really hoping someone can help me here please. My set up: - Laptop: Lenovo L380 with ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen2 - Monitors: Two HP P241v - One monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/devirino, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Help connecting dual monitors

Really hoping someone can help me here please.

My set up: - Laptop: Lenovo L380 with ThinkPad USB-C Dock Gen2 - Monitors: Two HP P241v - One monitor wired HDMI. The other by a DisplayPort/HDMI cable (because I only have one HDMI port on my dock)

Problem 1: the monitor plugged in via the DisplayPort to HDMI cable does not show up, however it is being recognized by the computer because it makes a noise when I plug it in.

Problem 2: I’m an idiot and set things to “second screen only”. Goal being to essentially use a clamshell mode so I can close my laptop and use the two monitors and my keyboard only. NOW I cannot do anything because as soon as I plug my computer into docking station, the screen goes dark and nothing shows up on the one display I have working. How can I undo this?

Hope that makes sense, I’d love to upload pictures if I can. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/devirino
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/devirino, Oct 3, 2020

2. Setting up dual monitor on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to connecting external monitor to the PC.

Usually, you will receive an error when connecting external monitor when the cable is not connected properly. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article

Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

Additionally, you may want to refer the below articles

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Double Monitor Setup is not connecting

Hi Yuri,

To setup dual monitors, I suggest you to press Windows + P keys
    and select Extend or the required option and check for status. If you are still unable to setup dual monitor, suggest you to update the Display Adapter driver by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Help connecting dual monitors

Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Help connecting dual monitors

1. Help connecting dual monitors - Similar Threads - Help connecting dual

2. Help with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with dual monitors: I’m having trouble with dual monitors. Windows does not detect the second monitor however both monitors display like they’re in mirror mode. Changing the display mode to extend doesn’t change anything. submitted by /u/Just_A_Little_Hunter [link] [comments]...
  3. Dual Monitors help

Dual Monitors help: So I just recently bought a new monitor and plugged it into my HDMI slot on my GPU (GTX 1070) and thought I had set it up correctly. However when I turn my computer on, my other things turn on (RGB Strips, Keyboard Lights, etc) but both monitors say nothing detected. I'm not...
  4. Help with dual monitors

Help with dual monitors: [ATTACH] So I have my laptop connected to a larger external monitor and i'm wondering how I can make my number 1 monitor smaller without changing scale or resolution,, thanks!...
  5. Dual monitor help?

Dual monitor help?: Been using my Lenovo Idea Centre for 6 weeks now. I love it. My job requires me to have dual screens - no biggie! I went out and purchased a Alhua 21” monitor which is perfect for what I need. The screen works fine... until today. Suddenly the connection has dropped out. I...
  6. connecting dual monitors to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting dual monitors to laptop: Hello, i have been doing a lot of research trying to find an answer on how to connect more monitors to a laptop with only one hdmi port. i was hoping to just grab a usb3 to hdmi and connect the second external monitor that way but it doesnt seem to be picking up any signal....
  7. Needing Help With Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Needing Help With Dual Monitors: I'm running windows 10 home and I have a hdmi port on my laptop that I connected to my secondary monitor. Display Resolution 1366 X 768 (Recommended) for the laptop resolution. But the secondary monitor is 1920 x1080 full hd. I want to have 2 different wallpapers one for...
  8. Need Help With Dual Monitors

Need Help With Dual Monitors: Hey! I just setup dual monitors using an old monitor I found, but there's a small problem. The old monitor I found is super long vertically, and the bottom of the screen is far below my eyeline. I thought a simple fix for this would be to change the resolution vertically,...
  9. Dual Monitor Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Help: Every time I plug in the second monitor my computer screen goes blank, Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-help/f1e058a7-1394-4682-b3c2-407b38499351
  10. Need help with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with dual monitors: Hello. I cannot get a dual monitor setup to work for the life of me. I've made a LITTLE progress though by tweaking the BIOS to load from the Mobo VGA port first on boot, but now the second monitor just stays lit up with the windows 10 logo and nothing else, while the first...