Windows 10: Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi

Discus and support Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362) and, until recently, had no issues connecting to my 5 Ghz WiFi. My network adapter is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by weej, Sep 21, 2019.

1. weej Win User

Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi

I am running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362) and, until recently, had no issues connecting to my 5 Ghz WiFi. My network adapter is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. I am still able to access my 2.4 Ghz, but when connecting to 5 Ghz, I am getting the following events (from Event Viewer).

1) The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E7628205-3798-4A70-9220-D6C92586E726} because a master browser was stopped. (logged 9/21/2019 5:59:01 AM; source - browser)

2) 6105 - deauth after EAPOL key exchange sequence (logged 9/21/2019 5:59:01 AM; source Netwtw06)

3) 7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage (logged 9/21/2019 5:59:04 AM; source Netwtw06)

4) 7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage (logged 9/21/2019 5:59:07 AM; source Netwtw06)

5) 7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage (logged 9/21/2019 5:59:08 AM; source Netwtw06)

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to correcting this issue? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, but that did not work. Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

2. Berrik Win User

Connecting to a 5Ghz WiFi connection every time

The WiFi connection I currently connect to has both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands on the same WiFi connection (not separate names).

My Windows 10 laptop can make a connection to either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. I have set it to prefer 5Ghz but it will still occasionally connect to 2.4Ghz.

Is there any way of preventing my laptop from connecting to 2.4Ghz frequencies and to only make use of 5Ghz frequencies.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Berrik, Sep 21, 2019
  3. John Calm Win User
    Cannot connect to any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi with password

Hello.

This is my first time trying to ask for tech help since the search button was always my teacher but seems I'm out of inspiration.

I fresh installed W10 to my laptop YEPO 737a and for some strange reason I can't connect to any of the multiple wifi I've tried (home, work, phone) unless it is a 5Ghz open wifi. The message I see is "Can't connect to this network" so I tried to find other's
    solution but to no avail. In the end what I found out is:

• 2.4Ghz and password: Not connecting
    • 2.4Ghz and open: Not connecting
    • 5Ghz and password: Not connecting
    • 5Ghz and open: connecting normaly

I thought it was drivers, so I manually updated them but still nothing

The device is Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Thanks in advance

John Calm, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Arily Win User

5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Help connecting to 5Ghz WiFi - Similar Threads - Help connecting 5Ghz

2. Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi: Hi,I am using a dell Inspiron 7501, with an intel wifi adapter that worked perfectly with a 5GHz network when I got it. It also works with a 5GHz network when I do a clean install of windows, however, one day randomly it would stop working and I would have to do a clean...
  3. Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to 5GHz WiFi: Hi,I am using a dell Inspiron 7501, with an intel wifi adapter that worked perfectly with a 5GHz network when I got it. It also works with a 5GHz network when I do a clean install of windows, however, one day randomly it would stop working and I would have to do a clean...
  4. How to connect to 5ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect to 5ghz wifi: Hi,Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't find an answer to the specific problem that I have. My PC can't connect to 5Ghz WIFI, only 2.4. In my WIFI adapters advanced properties, the first three properties are 802.11d, 802.11n channel width for 2.4GHz, and...
  5. How to connect to 5ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect to 5ghz wifi: Hi,Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't find an answer to the specific problem that I have. My PC can't connect to 5Ghz WIFI, only 2.4. In my WIFI adapters advanced properties, the first three properties are 802.11d, 802.11n channel width for 2.4GHz, and...
  6. 5ghz Wifi showing no connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5ghz Wifi showing no connection: Ello, i got my new PC a few days ago without ethernet and instead opting for a usb wifi adapter. I have checked everything and my pc does support 5ghz wifi, but whenever i connect to it it shows no connection see attachment [ATTACH] I would like some help with this, thanks...
  7. 5ghz wifi connection

5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  8. Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to 5Ghz wifi: Not too sure if this is the right subreddit but I recently added another GPU into my PC build. Before that, I was able to connect both to the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi network. However, when I finished installing the 2nd GPU, the 5Ghz network would show up as "no internet,...
  9. Can't connect to 5ghz wifi

Can't connect to 5ghz wifi: There is no 5 GHz Wifi option in my laptop, but I can connect to it in my other device. I tried everything and look for the solution in this community before but all of them cannot solve my problem. This is my Wifi card: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3168...
  10. Can't connect to 5ghz wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to 5ghz wifi: Problem is simple. One day i bought new ssd and i instaled new windows on it. Was using my 5ghz connection like always. One day i had no updates, end up my game and pc got disconnected from wifi. I thought its my provider so i closed windows. Day later I couldn't connect at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage

2. 7021 connection telemetry

3. 7021 Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage