Windows 10: [HELP!] Corrupt my Windows 10 profile by using an old theme!

Discus and support [HELP!] Corrupt my Windows 10 profile by using an old theme! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So basically the title says it all, I managed to corrupt my Windows 10 user profile by trying to apply a theme that was made for a prior version to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KingaAss, Feb 26, 2019.

1. KingaAss Win User

[HELP!] Corrupt my Windows 10 profile by using an old theme!

So basically the title says it all, I managed to corrupt my Windows 10 user profile by trying to apply a theme that was made for a prior version to 1803 (etc... 1709...).

The theme resulted in black screen, with flashing cursor.
    My keyboard kept turning numlock(1) on/off. I wasn't able to do anything at that point.
    Nothing worked, not even the recovery menu, everything turned completely black.

I was able to recover my log on screen, by removing the theme using Windows 7 in dualboot options... thank god for that. I still backed it all up, just incase I need to re-use that corrupt theme to sort the issue out.

After that I got into something called logon loop. Which basically doesn't let you log in onto your profile because your theme is actually corrupt.

I managed to create a new user profile by replacing utilman.exe -> cmd.exe and use "net user" to bypass my original user.

Got onto Windows 10, everything works fine as it should.

My question is, is there a reg key, or some option that can help me remove that theme onset that I put on my original administrator profile. Or I'ma have to backup this and make a double with pre-saved settings?

Thanks in advance *Biggrin

:)

KingaAss, Feb 26, 2019

2. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 26, 2019
  4. [HELP!] Corrupt my Windows 10 profile by using an old theme!

Dyslexia: is there a customisable theme for windows 10?

Hi Emma,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with themes in Windows 10.

I suggest you to set the themes in Windows 10 to default and check if it helps.

Steps:

• From Desktop, right click and select Personalize.
    • In Personalization window, click on Themes
      in the left pane.
    • Click on Theme settings, select the Default themes
      and close the window.

If you are still not able to find suitable themes, I recommend you to use your favorite search engine to search for the suitable themes, download-install them and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

[HELP!] Corrupt my Windows 10 profile by using an old theme!

1. [HELP!] Corrupt my Windows 10 profile by using an old theme! - Similar Threads - HELP Corrupt profile

2. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...: Hi! Last night I let me laptop to be on whole night and in the morning I saw that it was turned off. I started it and as it opened it shifted me to a Temporary profile and showed me a message like this: this is not my pc , I used this image from someone else question so since...
  3. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...: Hi! Last night I let me laptop to be on whole night and in the morning I saw that it was turned off. I started it and as it opened it shifted me to a Temporary profile and showed me a message like this: this is not my pc , I used this image from someone else question so since...
  4. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Corrupt profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt profile: so i was holding the power button on my laptop to force my computer to shot down while window is signing in and the next time i turned my computer on, it say the window cant sign in my profile and i have to use a alternative profile which will lost everything i did after i...
  6. Windows Profile Corrupted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Profile Corrupted: Hi, I recently worked with Microsoft on a separate issue I was having significant trouble logging into my Microsoft account on any app/web browser. The popup to login would turn blank and white and would never let me login. It turned out to be my Windows profile itself, not...
  7. My profile seems to be corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My profile seems to be corrupted: This day I went to turn on my laptop, but I forgot to put the plug in. I normally used my pc but since my laptop's's battery is close to dead, it turned off. When i rebooted it and logged in, a message popped up about not being able to sign in to my profile. I restarted it...
  8. "Corrupted" profile?

"Corrupted" profile?: I have a piece of hardware that works fine when plugged into one my profile users, but when it connects to the other user it doesnt work the same way!. I dont know what to do. I could use the other profile but I have some data there wich I like to keep handy, is there a way...
  9. Corrupted Profile

Corrupted Profile: This morning, I tried signing into my computer to find out my profile had been corrupted, is there anyway I can get my files from that profile back? submitted by /u/Motorsport_Fanatic_7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv7as9/corrupted_profile/
  10. Reinstalled windows 10 profile corrupt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reinstalled windows 10 profile corrupt: First sorry if this is in the wrong category I’ve been searching in the forums and online through every which search I could think of reset, refresh windows, clean install windows 10 and I’m very stumped as to why my profiles keep becoming corrupt or at least I think they’re...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 corrupt theme