Windows 10: [Help] Cortana translucent box appears always on top, even in games.

Discus and support [Help] Cortana translucent box appears always on top, even in games. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A transparent/translucent embossed box the size and location of the cortana search bar appears on desktop and in games or apps, at all times and always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LordGorzul, Sep 27, 2019.

1. [Help] Cortana translucent box appears always on top, even in games.

A transparent/translucent embossed box the size and location of the cortana search bar appears on desktop and in games or apps, at all times and always on top. I tried disabling everything cortana related, even tried to fiddle with regedit and I cannot get rid of it, its extremely annoying particularly as its visible on the monitor while gaming.

I have this on 3 different PCs.

All running windows 10.

Here is two of them.

First : Screenshot by Lightshot

Second : Screenshot by Lightshot

Any help would be appreciated!

:)

LordGorzul, Sep 27, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, Sep 27, 2019
  4. [Help] Cortana translucent box appears always on top, even in games.

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

[Help] Cortana translucent box appears always on top, even in games.

1. [Help] Cortana translucent box appears always on top, even in games. - Similar Threads - Help Cortana translucent

2. Why my selection box is translucent ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my selection box is translucent ?: Everytime i have to go to settings and fix it from the adjust the appearance and performance of windows, the thing is it always get messed up even if the box is checked, i deleted windows and reinstalled windows again because of it and it still hunts me :c, please any help so...
  3. Why my selection box is translucent ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my selection box is translucent ?: Everytime i have to go to settings and fix it from the adjust the appearance and performance of windows, the thing is it always get messed up even if the box is checked, i deleted windows and reinstalled windows again because of it and it still hunts me :c, please any help so...
  4. Why my selection box is translucent ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar issue that appears after installing Onedrive, the translucent selection box becomes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issue that appears after installing Onedrive, the translucent selection box becomes...: I tried resetting windows, downloading a fresh windows 11 from the cloud, some commands from CMD like scanow, created new profile, the problem always comes back, finally I found out that it appears right after installing Onedrive, but if I uninstall Onedrive the problem...
  6. A translucent box on screen windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A translucent box on screen windows 11: This translucent box keeps showing up on my screen after working for a while on my laptop. It's really annoying and within the range of the box nothing works clicks and scrolling and after a while when I move my cursor to this box it's starts showing a loading icon on that...
  7. A translucent box on screen windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A translucent box on screen windows 11: This translucent box keeps showing up on my screen after working for a while on my laptop. It's really annoying and within the range of the box nothing works clicks and scrolling and after a while when I move my cursor to this box it's starts showing a loading icon on that...
  8. "Password Required" Box Not Always on Top

in Browsers and Email
    "Password Required" Box Not Always on Top: Windows Version number: 2004 When I open SeaMonkey (browser and email), it initially requires my password. Sometimes, the Password Required box appears on my screen, other times I have to select it in the Taskbar. Is there any way to ensure that the Password Required box...
  9. "Password Required" Box Not Always on Top

in Windows 10 Support
    "Password Required" Box Not Always on Top: Windows Version number: 2004 When I open SeaMonkey (browser and email), it initially requires my password. Sometimes, the Password Required box appears on my screen, other times I have to select it in the Taskbar. Is there any way to ensure that the Password Required box...
  10. Windows become translucent on top of videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows become translucent on top of videos: Hello, Whenever I play a videos in YouTube, VLC, or even in Zoom and then I have a window on top, that window becomes translucent. I don't know what is causing it. Below are screen shots. In the screen shot below I am playing a video and on top of it is a Notepad window....