Windows 10: Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels?

Discus and support Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am looking for a way to create a custom "string" of actions that I can assign to a keyboard shortcut. I am aware of certain programs that allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lizzie Jo PC 11, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels?

I am looking for a way to create a custom "string" of actions that I can assign to a keyboard shortcut. I am aware of certain programs that allow me to set a shortcut key (though I do not completely know how to use them), but is there a possibility to set a string of actions?

I want to make my magnifier tool zoom in to a specific level without having to hit "WIN - +" multiple times to get it there. I usually have it set to %200, but I would like to set a command that, in one keystroke, will make it zoom to %400.

I am aware that I can set the amount of the magnifier tool, but this would be the problem.
    If I set its zoom amount to 200%, and I am on %200, it will send me directly to %400 with only one keystroke. However, if I zoom out to return to the standard %100 desktop view, the next time I hit the zoom-in key, I will wind up on %300, not %200. When I try to reach %400, it will become %500 again.

Could somebody help me understand the programs I will need and how to perform this action. I want it to be set so that it could zoom to a fixed %400 on the hit of that key. Not add anything additional, just set it straight to %400, no matter what my zoom size is. Just like how hitting ctrl+0 sets Internet Explorer 11 back to its default zoom.

What do you think, is it something that could be done somehow?

:)

Lizzie Jo PC 11, Feb 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 magnifier shortcut Ctrl + Alt + I not working after anniversary update

This is very annoying, I've also noticed that a lot of the other keyboard shortcuts for Magnifier don't work, and I've just tried various keyboard combinations and it looks like the magnifier shortcuts have gone for good!

MIcrosoft please help!

Andrew1419, Feb 18, 2017
  3. occurs an issue on Internet Explore11

Do you have a keyboard? You could get keyboard focus on the element you want to use and then action it using either Spacebar or Enter. If necessary you could use Narrator to do that. E.g. use Narrator's Search command to show the page's elements and use
    the action for the one you want.

Another possibility that often works is just turning on the Magnifier. E.g. press Win (plus) + to start it and increase the Magnification as needed. You would probably need to be using its Fullscreen mode. Ctrl+Alt+F is the shortcut for that (once Magnifier
    is running.)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels?

Hi, you could write a simple script in Autohotkey (free)- might be 1 to 3 lines depending on the need for a delay between sending characters. Logically it could be

Line 0: Specify the key combination to launch this script
    Line 1: Specify delay between characters
    Line 2: Specify the character string to be sent

Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels? [​IMG]

Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels? [​IMG]

Small samples from the very extensive help file. There's an active forum and plenty of code examples.

dalchina, Feb 24, 2017
Thema:

Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels?

1. Help creating a custom shortcut action for specific magnifier levels? - Similar Threads - Help creating custom

2. Is there a specification or docs available for creating «install.inf» file for a custom...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a specification or docs available for creating «install.inf» file for a custom...: Hello! Basically, I want to create a custom cursors pack and I am wondering how far you can go and what effects you can do. What is possible in a Windows without third-party software? I also want to know what can be done with the help of programming, how far you can go into...
  3. Is there a specification or docs available for creating «install.inf» file for a custom...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a specification or docs available for creating «install.inf» file for a custom...: Hello! Basically, I want to create a custom cursors pack and I am wondering how far you can go and what effects you can do. What is possible in a Windows without third-party software? I also want to know what can be done with the help of programming, how far you can go into...
  4. Way to create shortcut for specific settings page?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Way to create shortcut for specific settings page?: For example, I want to create a shortcut to the "Rearrange your displays" setting since I need to switch between my primary monitor if I am playing a game or something. Is there any way to make a shortcut instead of having to keep manually pulling this up? submitted by...
  5. Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner: Does anyone know how to get these commands into one shortcut that will launch them when clicked? [img] RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner.reg" RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner2.reg"...
  6. Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner

in Windows 10 Support
    Create custom shortcut for Ccleaner: Does anyone know how to get these commands into one shortcut that will launch them when clicked? [img] RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner.reg" RUNAS regedit /s "C:\Users\Chris\Documents\System Stuff\Ccleaner Reg\Ccleaner2.reg"...
  7. Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume

Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to Control Volume: Ok, been looking for a potential solution all morning. I'm wondering, is there's a simple keyboard shortcut that either exists or one I can create to mute the volume of the current app I have open without having to open the volume mixer? It's just slightly annoying when...
  8. custom scaling level.

in Windows 10 Support
    custom scaling level.: Under set a custom scaling level. How can switch between 29 an 49 with one keystroke? I know that the user has to sign out and then sign back in again for the changes for the changes to take effect. Besides that how can I set it up with one keystroke? Don Cole 112657
  9. Need some help with a custom shortcut

Need some help with a custom shortcut: Im trying to make a shortcut to open Saitek's Control panel. This panel looks similar to the windows control panel for controllers, C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL joy.cpl Saitek's version uses its own control panel interface with more options...
  10. Custom shortcut glitch help

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom shortcut glitch help: Hello, I wanted to set up custom shortcuts in my windows and I had set up ctrl alt 9 to open up excel. I made a new folder with all of the shortcuts of the programs I wanted opened quickly, and I made the custom shortcut keys. I don't know what happaned, but now whenever I...