Windows 10: HELP!! CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD on Windows 10 with no Minidump

Discus and support HELP!! CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD on Windows 10 with no Minidump in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG] Hi, I have a Lenovo x1 Carbon 6th Generation running Windows 10 Pro (1903), and it constantly has a BSOD with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tech_sc, Nov 7, 2019.

1. tech_sc Win User

HELP!! CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD on Windows 10 with no Minidump

HELP!! CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD on Windows 10 with no Minidump [​IMG]
    Hi, I have a Lenovo x1 Carbon 6th Generation running Windows 10 Pro (1903), and it constantly has a BSOD with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Immediately before the BSOD, everything except the mouse pointer freezes, but I am unable to click on anything and can’t use key commands to access Task Manager.

Diagnosing this has been a pain, since Windows never creates a dump file - it just hangs at 0% on this particular BSOD. If I get another BSOD, such as a driver violation while running Verifier, it will write a dump file quickly without any issues.

Here were the software issues I thought could be happening:

• Trend Micro Maximum Security - tmeev.sys quickly triggered a driver violation BSOD from Verifier, so I uninstalled the software. No luck.

• Excel 2019 - Ran it in Safe Mode and eventually uninstalled, cleaned up the traces and installed Office 2013. Still no luck.

• Chrome - Ensured Chrome could not run in background and used Firefox for a while. Still no luck.

• Windows 10 Home 1809 with in-place Pro Upgrade - clean installed Home and upgraded to Pro again and clean-installed Pro without the upgrade. Still seeing BSOD’s.

I also tried the following:

• Ran Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

• Ran over 7 hours of Lenovo diagnostics on SSD, memory, CPU, motherboard, etc. with zero hardware errors. All reported “PASSED.”

• Formatted and clean-installed Windows 10 Home (1903) and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, installed all Lenovo drivers.

• Turned on BSOD error codes in registry and captured the attached screenshot. No results found on Google...really? No one else has the same error?

• Ran CrystalDiskInfo with no SMART errors reported.

• Formatted and clean-installed Windows 10 Pro (1903), installed only Lenovo Synaptics touchpad and Lenovo fingerprint reader driver. No other drivers installed. It literally BSOD’d twice while I was writing this post.

Any other ideas? Any way to find out what precisely is going on without a dump file? Or force whatever the critical process is to persist? I greatly appreciate the help.

:)

tech_sc, Nov 7, 2019

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Dukewayne Win User
    BSOD minidump help

I have a new laptop that is experiencing multiple bsod with multiple stopecodes. I have tried every check/upload/download/reinstall/suggestion I can find but still have the problem. I've looked at the minidump but am still clueless as to exactly how to proceed.
    If there is anyone that can help analyze the minidump, I would truly appreciate it.

I am including the link to my Onedrive files. Thanks https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvJSnQUPHst5wgsKkLJfNqXfRh0j

Dukewayne, Nov 7, 2019
  4. HELP!! CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD on Windows 10 with no Minidump

BSOD (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) Help please!

Hello there!

Last night I was gaming with my mate beside me, when after maybe 5-6 hours the computer locked up and got the BSOD after a little wait. The error was (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) and freaked me the **** out after
    reading about it online!

Later that night when going to bed, i decided to leave my PC on so that I could download a few games without the long wait, but when going back in the morning, it was at the lockscreen when I knew for sure
    I had left it on.

Deciding to see if there was a second minidump file to ascertain whether or not there had been a second crash, I went to investigate but there was only the file from the (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED) BSOD.

Upon closer inspection, it appeared that the crash was caused by a certain "ntoskrnl.exe".

Here is the link for the minidump file

1. Should I be worried about the error, and

2. Did it crash a second time?

Thanks so much guys!

Hamish

H4mburg3r00, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

HELP!! CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD on Windows 10 with no Minidump

1. HELP!! CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD on Windows 10 with no Minidump - Similar Threads - HELP CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

2. BSOD minidump help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD minidump help: Hello,I have a brand new HP Z8 workstation which I've installed a NIC card. If I swap from onboard ethernet to NIC card I get a BSOD of NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE and an endless loop of BSOD and restarting. If I go back to onboard ethernet all is fine. I downloaded NIC card drivers...
  3. BSOD minidump help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD minidump help: Hello,I have a brand new HP Z8 workstation which I've installed a NIC card. If I swap from onboard ethernet to NIC card I get a BSOD of NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE and an endless loop of BSOD and restarting. If I go back to onboard ethernet all is fine. I downloaded NIC card drivers...
  4. BSOD minidump help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump: PSU: Thermaltake - SMART 700W ATX 80 PlusMotherboard: Gigabyte Arous B450M latest BiosCPU: Ryzen 3900XGPU: XFX 5700 XTRAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2 x 16GB 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 PC4 25600 Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GVKAs soon as I start any game, my system...
  6. Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump: PSU: Thermaltake - SMART 700W ATX 80 PlusMotherboard: Gigabyte Arous B450M latest BiosCPU: Ryzen 3900XGPU: XFX 5700 XTRAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2 x 16GB 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 PC4 25600 Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GVKAs soon as I start any game, my system...
  7. BSOD minidump help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD minidump help: I got a BSOD while playing zombie army 4. The screen said KERNEL MODE TRAP. PC specs Ryzen 5 360016gb DDR4 3200mhzRTX 3080 12gbminidump: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gepwcbwa0wsfdyv/102822-9953-01.dmp/fileMSinfo:...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: I have had an on-going problem with my computer... Computer Specs: i7-3770k Asus Sabertooth Z77 120 GB SSD (OS / A Few Apps / No Page File) 600 WD Raptor (Main Progam Drive / Page File) Defrag Turned Off Windows Defender turned off through group policy 16 GB RAM...
  9. Critical_Process_Died BSOD windows 10

Critical_Process_Died BSOD windows 10: simply can't boot into windows 10. it just blue screens whenever it starts. I can't do SFC /scannow and dism. I can't do safe mode, the same thing. all the parts were bought brand new. Rig: Windows 10 Pro i5 6600k OC 4.1GhZ GTX 950 OC Stock 8GB ram 2144 Seagate...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD Critical_process_died

Windows 10 BSOD Critical_process_died: Running a Dell Latitude E5500. Bought it with Windows 7 Pro, and upgraded it to Windows 10. It wasn't a clean install, but an upgrade. I normally like to do clean installs, but did the upgrade on purpose to get used to the whole Windows 10 update process. Everything was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no minidump critical process died

2. windows 10 critical process died after update