Windows 10: HELP! Custom audio louder than the video audio

Discus and support HELP! Custom audio louder than the video audio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am creating a video for my sister's birthday. I am using Video Editor App. It is a mix of photos and personal videos from friends and family. I added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sourpatch, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Sourpatch Win User

HELP! Custom audio louder than the video audio

I am creating a video for my sister's birthday. I am using Video Editor App. It is a mix of photos and personal videos from friends and family. I added a music track using the custom audio everything is great besides in a couple of videos the background music added by me is playing loud as the video sound. Is there away that I can lower the background music when a video is being played?

:)

Sourpatch, Jul 17, 2020
  2. itsmesbb Win User

Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

Hello, tonight I upgraded to Windows 10 and began encountering a very strange problem with my audio. What happens is when an audio source starts playing sound, the the sound is louder than it should be - the actual volume in Windows does not change, the sound is just louder. It seems to be only the audio from that source that's louder, not any other sounds playing. This has happened when Flash sources like YouTube videos and Twitch streams load, and when I unpause music in foobar2000.

I can resolve it by simply moving the volume slider in Windows anywhere, then it will begin abiding by Windows's volume setting again. Even moving the volume up a notch will end up making it quieter from what it was. I've been uninstalling and reinstalling drivers all night, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

itsmesbb, Jul 17, 2020
  3. The audio has a slight echo to it and is louder than it was before

I got my laptop at Christmas, and it has been acting fine since I got it, except for the audio. The audio has a slight echo to it and is louder than it was before. Every once in a while it goes back to the proper volume, which is much quieter, but only
    for a second or two.

This happens when there's headphones in, and when there isn't. I've tried to run audio troubleshooting but it can't detect anything.

I don't know what to do.

Please help?

Colin Simpson, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

The audio has a slight echo to it and is louder than it was before

Hi Colin,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for trying some step in order to get the issue fixed.

• Does the issue persist while you are online or offline or both?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?
    When the audio starts acting weird the first step in getting the issue fixed is to make sure the audio drivers are up to date. I would recommend you to visit the manufacturer website and then download and update the latest audio drivers and then check if
    echo is removed.

In the meantime you can turn off Audio enhancements and check if audio works:

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the Default Device
      and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. HELP! Custom audio louder than the video audio - Similar Threads - HELP Custom audio

2. Cannot hear custom audio in the Video Maker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot hear custom audio in the Video Maker: I downloaded an audio from YouTube to both an mp4 and mp3, yet I cannot hear it when I upload it into a custom audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-hear-custom-audio-in-the-video-maker/4cea0a40-39e5-4864-bfab-a4a31314c348
  3. Cannot hear custom audio in the Video Maker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot hear custom audio in the Video Maker: I downloaded an audio from YouTube to both an mp4 and mp3, yet I cannot hear it when I upload it into a custom audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-hear-custom-audio-in-the-video-maker/4cea0a40-39e5-4864-bfab-a4a31314c348
  4. Cannot hear custom audio in the Video Maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Audio issues in Video Editor/Photos: When I upload a custom audio file, I can play it and it works fine but I cannot move the handles on the timeline. I can't change the starting or ending time of the audio. I tried both .mp3 and .wav files, and they both won't work. I have tried restarting my device and...
  6. Video Editor Custom Audio Markers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor Custom Audio Markers: Hi, I've been trying to use Video Editor to make a video for a project that I have. It seems that when I add custom audio the markers wont separate no matter how I drag them. Can anyone please help me?...
  7. Video Editor Custom Audio Markers

Video Editor Custom Audio Markers: Hi, I've been trying to use Video Editor to make a video for a project that I have. It seems that when I add custom audio the markers wont separate no matter how I drag them. Can anyone please help me?...
  8. Custom audio in windows video editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom audio in windows video editor not working: I'm trying to make a video in windows video editor/ photos and when i add in a custom audio, there is a tab with two small boxes on the side of it it, looks like an upside down T on the video bar. when i try to pull on either one of those tabs the audio wont expand so i can...
  9. Custom audio in windows video editor not working

Custom audio in windows video editor not working: I'm trying to make a video in windows video editor/ photos and when i add in a custom audio, there is a tab with two small boxes on the side of it it, looks like an upside down T on the video bar. when i try to pull on either one of those tabs the audio wont expand so i can...
  10. Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio louder than usual until volume is changed: Hello, tonight I upgraded to Windows 10 and began encountering a very strange problem with my audio. What happens is when an audio source starts playing sound, the the sound is louder than it should be - the actual volume in Windows does not change, the sound is just louder....