Windows 10: [HELP] Deleted Windows 10 OS and can’t reinstall

Discus and support [HELP] Deleted Windows 10 OS and can’t reinstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I had Windows installed on my HP laptop, but I wanted to do a clean restart of it. I first deleted the os and installed windows 10 entrepreneurs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ramore369, Mar 23, 2021.

1. [HELP] Deleted Windows 10 OS and can’t reinstall

So I had Windows installed on my HP laptop, but I wanted to do a clean restart of it. I first deleted the os and installed windows 10 entrepreneurs. Then deleted that and installed Linux. Then deleted that accidentally and now I’m unable to install anything. I’ve downloaded the windows 10 ISO using a MacBook and tried using a usb to install but no matter how I format the drive I cannot get it to boot. I’ve tried a FAT32 drive with a FAT32 partition using both MBR and GPT, NTFS drive with both a NTFS and FAT32 partition with both mbr and gpt boot. I’ve tried legacy boot and secure boot. Nothing works. Either the bios reads that there is no bootable drive, or during installation it says “windows cannot boot into the next phase of installation”.

I’m at my wits end. I’ve spend literally hours formatting reformatting both the usb as well as the hard drive I’m trying to install windows on. I’ve formatted it to NTFS and created new partitions, primary partitions, eui partitions. I have no idea what to do.

Please help!

submitted by /u/ramore369
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ramore369, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

4. bestellen Win User

[HELP] Deleted Windows 10 OS and can’t reinstall

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

[HELP] Deleted Windows 10 OS and can’t reinstall

1. [HELP] Deleted Windows 10 OS and can’t reinstall - Similar Threads - HELP Deleted can’t

2. Can’t reinstall windows OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t reinstall windows OS: I’m Tanishq, recently my windows 10 OS got corrupted and i was using a flash drive to reinstall the windows, it got through the installation but was stuck at 58% in getting your files ready, i was checking it but the update got cancelled, and now I’m trying to reinstall it...
  3. Can’t reinstall windows OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t reinstall windows OS: I’m Tanishq, recently my windows 10 OS got corrupted and i was using a flash drive to reinstall the windows, it got through the installation but was stuck at 58% in getting your files ready, i was checking it but the update got cancelled, and now I’m trying to reinstall it...
  4. Can’t reinstall windows OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 can’t reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can’t reinstall.: Hi!I wanted to try Chromebook flex Os on my laptop win 10 and installed it. It was nothing for me chromebook flex Os! Now it impossible to go back to my win 10. I have tried win iso fil on usb to from to make clean install. I downloaded from chromebook flex to usb, it didn’t...
  6. Windows 10 can’t reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 can’t reinstall.: Hi!I wanted to try Chromebook flex Os on my laptop win 10 and installed it. It was nothing for me chromebook flex Os! Now it impossible to go back to my win 10. I have tried win iso fil on usb to from to make clean install. I downloaded from chromebook flex to usb, it didn’t...
  7. Windows 10 can’t reinstall.

8. Can’t reinstall 10 or 11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t reinstall 10 or 11: I have an ibuypower pc that I bought new in 2021, it has a Radeon RX 5500 graphics card, Ryzen 5 3600, 32 gb ram as some basic specs.My issue is a couple months ago the pc randomly rebooted while using it and it fell into a reboot loop where the spinning circle freezes, it...
  9. Can’t Reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t Reinstall: My computer has been working perfectly for a year. I installed an aio pump today and now windows wants to install again, i can’t reinstall it due to the fact that it’s already installed. HELP! submitted by /u/kgaston12 [link] [comments]...
  10. Can’t Reinstall Windows

Can’t Reinstall Windows: My computer was pretty laggy so I wanted to reset it. The reset tool in settings didn’t work so I made a USB with the windows 10 install tool. I booted into it and formatted my C: and tried to install windows on it. It said couldn’t create a partition or locate one. I had...