Windows 10: [Help] Desktop Freezing at Console But Can Still RDP Into It?

Discus and support [Help] Desktop Freezing at Console But Can Still RDP Into It? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, Since doing a fresh install of Windows 10 ~6 months ago, I'm having this weird issue where once a month, my desktop stops responding to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/just_mr_c, Feb 7, 2020.

1. [Help] Desktop Freezing at Console But Can Still RDP Into It?

Hey all,

Since doing a fresh install of Windows 10 ~6 months ago, I'm having this weird issue where once a month, my desktop stops responding to the mouse and keyboard and I have to reboot it so it can respond again. I can't click around or do anything, but I can still RDP into the system from another machine and Windows is still running without any apparent issue.

Removing the keyboard/mouse and switching USB ports also doesn't seem to fix the issue. What's weird is that I thought this was a hardware issue, but three weeks ago I upgraded all of my hardware components (but didn't do a fresh install of Windows 10) and the only thing I kept from the old rig was my video card. I thought it could be my video card freezing, but the clock on the lockscreen changes as the minutes go by, so its not freezing as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know of any ideas of how I can start to troubleshoot this?

Attached are my specs if that helps:

i9-9900k

CORSAIR 32GB 2X16 RGB D4 3200

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390

WD 1TB BLACK SN750

XFX RX 580

submitted by /u/just_mr_c
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/just_mr_c, Feb 7, 2020

2. RDP freezes remote

Win 10 laptop rdp freezes the remote desktop immediately upon connecting. Remote is running Windows 10 Pro. The desktop remains frozen until powered off and on. I believe no settings have been changed since it used to work properly. A different laptop
    is able to rdp successfully into that desktop. Strangely, the laptop that is able to successfully rdp cannot see files on the remote when the homegroup icon is clicked--says the remote is currently unavailable, but the laptop that freezes the remote can see
    and open files when the homegroup icon is clicked. When I google remote freezes I get info about Windows 7, and the "Virtual Agent" doesn't understand my question. Thanks for any help

EllenReddick, Feb 7, 2020
  3. kcchesnut Win User
    How to prevent RDP from immediately locking console session (Win 10)

I'm running Windows 10 on my PC.

When I RDP into my PC from a Macbook, the PC console session immediately displays the lock screen.

My screen saver is set to (None), and 'On resume, display logon screen' is not checked.

I've seen how to exit the RDP session using: tscon.exe # /dest:console

which ends the RDP session and unlocks the console.

That's not ideal because I'm certain to walk away and not run the batch file.

Also, I see how Chrome Remote Desktop does not lock the console session, but I'm on my own LAN, and am really looking for an RDP solution.

My goal is to have an unlocked console session, that I can periodically RDP into, and the console session remains unlocked.

Thanks,

casey

kcchesnut, Feb 7, 2020
  4. [Help] Desktop Freezing at Console But Can Still RDP Into It?

RDP file not launching Remote Desktop

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that ".rdp files will not launch Remote Desktop", what exactly are you referring to? Are you facing issues while launching .rdp files in remote desktop mode?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

[Help] Desktop Freezing at Console But Can Still RDP Into It?

1. [Help] Desktop Freezing at Console But Can Still RDP Into It? - Similar Threads - Help Desktop Freezing

2. No connection available on desktop pc - still works fine on laptop and consoles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No connection available on desktop pc - still works fine on laptop and consoles: So, I've had my desktop PC for about 4 years now, and I don't recall ever having this issue. Woke up today, turned on the fiberbox and router, booted up the PC, and the PC simply will not connect to the internet. Neither my ethernet cable connection nor my wifi can connect....
  3. Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing: We are using Claris filemaker pro 19.6.3.302 on Windows 10.. we keep getting applications freezes randomly and the app will not error or close you have to end task... you only get a spinning circle... I created DMP file while it happened but do not know how to read it.. Can...
  4. Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing: We are using Claris filemaker pro 19.6.3.302 on Windows 10.. we keep getting applications freezes randomly and the app will not error or close you have to end task... you only get a spinning circle... I created DMP file while it happened but do not know how to read it.. Can...
  5. Windows 10 RDP Session Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC Freezing but can still move my mouse.

PC Freezing but can still move my mouse.: Hello, my PC randomly freezes.List of things I can do while it is frozen:-- I can switch tabsNot on google chrome-- I can open things like Snipping Tool but can't interact with them-- I can open my windows menu but when I search/type something it just goes blank-- I can move...
  7. RDP on Windows 10 Freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP on Windows 10 Freezes randomly: Hi MS support guru's,Versions affected: Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909 Problem:Ever since an update after December 2020 MSTSC constantly freezes. Disabled UPD, still crashesDisabled all unnecessary options in the RDP Client before connecting. Still freezes.Rebooting the...
  8. Help with Windows RDP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Windows RDP: So basically I'm trying to set up a desktop so that me and the wife can both be on it and doing our own things at the same time, from what I looked up RDP (Remot Desktop Protocol) should be able to do this, as that is built into windows as a way for multiple users to use the...
  9. Windows 101909 RDP Freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 101909 RDP Freezes: On the same network, I RDP into local machines. The RDP generally works fine, but every now and then the RDP session freezes. The only thing to do is close and reopen it which moves all windows from dual display to one display. I have updated the graphics card driver. I...
  10. RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.

RDP connection to VM. Connects on console - user can't see it.: We have a windows 10 virtual desktop. We use Microsoft VMM and hyper-v. When a user attempts to connect to the VM, the connections keeps trying - shows Connecting to ... Securing remote connection. Bar keeps sliding on that screen. Meanwhile I can see their session...