Windows 10: Help Detect Keyboard after update

Discus and support Help Detect Keyboard after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer restarted after a Windows update, but I'm stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen. I'm currently using a Logitech USB keyboard, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CTerrian, May 15, 2018.

1. CTerrian Win User

Help Detect Keyboard after update

My computer restarted after a Windows update, but I'm stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen.
    I'm currently using a Logitech USB keyboard, so I thought I'd try an old PS2 connection to see if it will allow me to select. It did not work.

Help Detect Keyboard after update [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to fix?
    *Confused

:)

CTerrian, May 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 after upgade to 1709 if keyboard not plugged then ethernet device is not detected.

When I start my windows 10 (1709 build) without plugging keyboard and mouse, it does not detect Ethernet card.

Mother board is of Intel and Ethernet is on board (integrated).

I have also installed latest Ethernet driver by auto updated drivers from internet.

Steps:

Shutdown pc

Remove keyboard and mouse

Keep lan cable plugged

Start pc

Ethernet device is not detected. It shows in list in Device manager screen. but with Yellow triangle.

Then I need to plug keyboard and just do a hardware scan then Ethernet is detected and all ok after that.

When I start with keyboard and mouse plugged in then it detects Ethernet card and available on LAN.

Am I missing something?

Rajeev_Mehta, May 15, 2018
  3. after updates touchpad and keyboard doesnt work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to use the On-screen keyboard and boot the system in Safe Mode with Networking and check if you can access the Keyboard.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

After booting the system in Safe Mode With Networking, update the driver for Keyboard by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Keyboards from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      update driver software.

After the driver is updated, boot the system in normal mode and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Help Detect Keyboard after update

1. Help Detect Keyboard after update - Similar Threads - Help Detect Keyboard

2. Reset This PC, Keyboard not detected after.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset This PC, Keyboard not detected after.: I'm trying to do a fresh reset of my computer as I am giving it away and want to wipe my data on it. When I run Reset this PC it goes through the process fine up until it needs to restart. On restart it does not detect my keyboard. I have tried moving it to all the different...
  3. Reset This PC, Keyboard not detected after.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset This PC, Keyboard not detected after.: I'm trying to do a fresh reset of my computer as I am giving it away and want to wipe my data on it. When I run Reset this PC it goes through the process fine up until it needs to restart. On restart it does not detect my keyboard. I have tried moving it to all the different...
  4. Reset This PC, Keyboard not detected after.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keyboard and Mouse not detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse not detecting: Hello The other day I had a power cut and my PC shut off. When I tried to restart it later that day, my keyboard and mouse were not detecting on the lock screen no lights on / backlighting. I saw an answer to this problem that involved using safe mode. When I got to recovery...
  6. Keyboard stop working after windows update. Help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard stop working after windows update. Help?: Hi.Ive just finished updating my laptop. And the keyboard and the trackpad stop working. Ive tried the update driver stuff and its still not working. Touch still works.. Please anyone help....
  7. HELP- AFTER UPDATE BUILT IN CAMERA ON TOSHIBA SKULLCANDY NOT DETECTED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP- AFTER UPDATE BUILT IN CAMERA ON TOSHIBA SKULLCANDY NOT DETECTED: My camera worked fine until a windows update. Now it's showing error code 0xA00F4244 I've been through all the troubleshoot steps, reset the camera, just nothing will work, its just disappeared?...
  8. Keyboard not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not detected: Sorry for any typos, im on mobile. So my laptops keyboard isnt being detected. I tried restarting, updating my laptop, and troubleshooting. None of those worked. Then when i tried to update my keyboard driver i got bluescreened as soon as i opened the device manager. When i...
  9. Keyboard not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not detected: Good morning. My PC was working fine a while ago but suddenly the keyboard stopped working and now only the function keys are working. The keyboard is not detected on any software but the Function keys still work. Whenever i turn on the PC , the lock light on the keyboard...
  10. no detect keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no detect keyboard: hi. Each time I turn on the computer, the keyboard is not detected and I have to reconnect the USB to use it. Is there a solution to fix it? window 10 pro last update mb : asus 310m-k intel i3 8100...