Windows 10: Help-did fresh install via USB now no OS being found?

Discus and support Help-did fresh install via USB now no OS being found? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I7 3770k GTX 960 16 GB ram MSI z77 m power motherboard I did a fresh install of Windows 10 via usb to fix issues with my graphics card. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Help-did fresh install via USB now no OS being found?

I7 3770k
    GTX 960
    16 GB ram
    MSI z77 m power motherboard

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 via usb to fix issues with my graphics card. It worked.
    I reinstalled all of my important programs like Office Etc. I went to reboot and it’s showing no OS error
    I went into BIOS and picked the hard drive the OS is installed on and keep getting the error

No idea what I am doIng wrong or how to fix this without a reinstall ugh

:)

pittguy578, Jun 27, 2017

2. Is Win10 an Upgrade or HD Wipe - Effecting whats already there?

I purchased this computer with a fresh install of Windows 8.0 OS and then a few months later it automatically upgraded to Windows 8.1. Now since Microsoft is offering a free upgrade to Windows 10 via "download and install". I am worried that it will effect
    my programs, files, and profiles already installed and actively being used on my HD.... I do not need to upgrade the OS and find out that its doing a reinstall of windows and automatically doing a wipe and fresh install. Had an issue upgrading from xp to windows
    7 and it did exactly that and I was forced to start all over and re-download everything. Please let me know, thanks.

Mike Fields, Jun 27, 2017
  3. 786Baraq Win User
    Unlock Documents and Picture Folders under This PC from OneDrive sync [Win10P64Bit Ver1607 OS 14393.51]

I did fresh install Win10P64Bit Ver1607 OS 14393.51 using Outlook Acct and allowing one drive to be installed. All went well. I move my Documents and Picture from USB realized one drive is moving them to One drive on cloud. I did not want these documents
    on cloud. I stop the process.

Now my Documents/Pictures Folder under This PC is inaccessible. It looks for one drive location not location at user folder.

How can I change the properties of these folder, I have tried everything. They are locked no access for modification via properties etc?

786Baraq, Jun 27, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Help-did fresh install via USB now no OS being found?

If you boot from the Windows install USB flash drive again, go through the setup screens, select the custom install option, the next screen will list hard drives and partitions. What partitions do you see listed there? Then you can click the red X in the upper right corner to cancel the install and it won't affect anything on the hard drive.

Help-did fresh install via USB now no OS being found? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2017
  5. My mind is blown. I did BootRec/Scanos and it showed 0 windows installations on that hard drive. Where did all of that info go ?

i also did that and here Is readout

drive 0 partition 1: recovery
    drive 0 partition 2 system
    drive 0 partition 3 msr reserved
    drive 0 partition 4 primary ( it has 863.1 gb free outback of 931)

pittguy578, Jun 27, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Since you have a Windows 10 USB flash drive already made, I hope that it is 8gb or larger. Read my quote in the middle of the OP here:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Before you overwrite the boot.wim file, you can rename it boot.bak on the USB flash drive, if you want to restore it later to a regular Windows 10 installation flash drive.

Boot into Kyhi's recovery tools and see if you can explore your OS partition on the hard drive. Also on Kyhi's recovery tools is Macrium Reflect. Run Macrium Reflect and under the restore menu is a utility to Fix Windows boot problems. Run that utility and it might fix your boot problem.

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2017
  7. Thank you. Will give that a whirl.

But is there any way I can just properly format the new hard drive from command prompt inside recovery usb boot to make sure I get a clean install or no?

pittguy578, Jun 27, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes. Boot from the standard Windows 10 installation USB (or if you modify it with Kyhi's recovery tools, run setup.exe from the USB flash drive). Select the Custom Install option when you get to that choice. The next screen will show drives and partition. Delete each partition on the drive you want to install Windows to (probably Drive 0). When it is down to only one big unallocated space, highlight it and click Next.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help-did fresh install via USB now no OS being found? - Similar Threads - Help did fresh

2. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....
  3. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....
  4. Did fresh install of Windows 11 from USB now no drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did fresh install of Windows 11 from USB now no drivers: My computer was acting up so i downloaded Windows 11 iso and put it on a USB using rufus. It booted fine and installed Windows 11 but during the setup it says lets get you connected to a network and no networks pop up. I managed to get into settings using the Windows key + R...
  5. Did fresh install of Windows 11 from USB now no drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did fresh install of Windows 11 from USB now no drivers: My computer was acting up so i downloaded Windows 11 iso and put it on a USB using rufus. It booted fine and installed Windows 11 but during the setup it says lets get you connected to a network and no networks pop up. I managed to get into settings using the Windows key + R...
  6. Just did a fresh install of windows and now can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just did a fresh install of windows and now can't connect to the internet: There's just no option to connect to wifi, I've been into device manager I selected show hidden devices and it shows that the network adapters are there but there all greyed out, any help would be appreciated. I also troubleshooted it and windows says they could not find a...
  7. fresh installed did not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fresh installed did not work: fresh install i can not access my shares at all several branches of microsoft, this community and eventually mindtree threw every single troubleshooting technique possible at this without any luck at all it is the workstation service after a fresh reinstall my workstation...
  8. Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 help with fresh install no drive found: Ok so hey all I am in dire need of help recently reformatted my entire hard drive and I'm trying to clean install of Windows 10 Pro, the install runs fine but when I try to select a hard drive nothing appears and I get the little "Windows needs drivers to select or install on...
  9. Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows via USB Boot on a LINUX OS: Hello, recently I have installed a Linux based operating system (Parrot specifically if it helps) via Unetbootin, and realised I should have just used it from live boots and not change the whole operating system. Now I am stuck, all the USB Boot softwares seem to be Windows...
  10. Just did a fresh install of Windows 10 now having this issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Just did a fresh install of Windows 10 now having this issue: I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and now as I add my software for programs I use I am finding that whenever my mouse isn't on for an exaple a email I am starting and I move my mouse off the email it goes to the back. I then have to minimize my current window to see the...