Windows 10: Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing)

Discus and support Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot figure out how to turn off a part of window snapping. The only part of snapping I need is holding down the windows key and using the arrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by matthewlsw, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing)

I cannot figure out how to turn off a part of window snapping. The only part of snapping I need is holding down the windows key and using the arrow keys. What drives me nuts is when I'm resizing a window by dragging the edge but I get too close to an edge and windows decides that it would be a good idea to resize that window to fill half of the screen when I let go of the mouse. How to I turn that specific feature off? I can't find it anywhere.

I'll attach an image of my multitasking settings.

:)

matthewlsw, Apr 8, 2019

2. Disable the automatic resizing window when dragging windows on the desktop

Using windows 10 Home, when I drag a window on the desktop, a shaded window appears that will allow me to select a fractional screen snap or to maximize the window. If this box happens to appear where the cursor falls when I simply want to translate the
    window, it automatically resizes the window to what the box suggests. I simply want this suggestion box to be disabled, but I cannot find a way to do it. I have tried every combination of turning snap and its features on and off. I just want this annoying
    auto-resizing suggestion box to go away.

PaulEason71, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Jake Win User
    How to disable Windows 10 window resize behavior after snapping?

I like Windows' snapping features, for the most part. I have trouble with one aspect of the feature, which resizes a window back to its previous size after snapping, if you move the window. I would rather keep the window at the snapped size.

Follow these steps to see what I mean:

1. Open a new window
      • Note the size of the window at this point
    2. Snap it to the side of the screen (Win + LeftArrow)
    3. Resize the window to be shorter
    4. Move the window to another spot

You will observe after step 4 that the window returns to the size it was in step 1. Windows remembers that size and recalls it when you move the window. Is there a way to have Windows keep the size I set via snap/resize instead of the previous size?

Jake, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing)

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing)

1. Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing) - Similar Threads - Help disabling specific

2. How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?: When clicking and dragging on a scroll bar in Windows Edge, or Windows Explorer, possibly other apps as well there is an invisible zone that is a few pixels wide on either side of the scroll bar. If you drag the bar up or down and move the cursor too far to the left or right...
  3. How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable snap back when dragging a scroll bar?: When clicking and dragging on a scroll bar in Windows Edge, or Windows Explorer, possibly other apps as well there is an invisible zone that is a few pixels wide on either side of the scroll bar. If you drag the bar up or down and move the cursor too far to the left or right...
  4. Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows": I have recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, I had to manually select to disable the feature that would resize two windows when I wished to only resize one I do prefer an active window to overlap an inactive one, most of the time. On Windows 10, the option to...
  5. Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Disable Automatic Resizing of "Snapped Windows": I have recently updated from Windows 10 to 11. On Windows 10, I had to manually select to disable the feature that would resize two windows when I wished to only resize one I do prefer an active window to overlap an inactive one, most of the time. On Windows 10, the option to...
  6. How to disable automatic window resizing of adjacent snapped window in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable automatic window resizing of adjacent snapped window in Windows 11: [IMG]When you split your screen by two windows and resize one of them, Windows 11 resizes the other window automatically. However, if you want to disable the automatic resizing of the adjacent snapped window in Windows 11, this article will be handy for you. There is a...
  7. Window snapping without resizing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window snapping without resizing?: In Linux Mint, if you drag something to the side of the screen it will "lock" to it, without resizing the window. Is there any way to get the same functionality in Windows 10 at all? I have three screens and my left screen I want to have my foobar2000 docked to the right...
  8. Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap: I have been trying to find a solution to this but have come up with nothing. I am having trouble with resizing windows with the mouse, where it automatically either maximises or snaps to one side when it is not my intention. I want to disable this, but the two options I...
  9. Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows: Hi, Recently, dragging on Windows 10 is becoming difficult and it gets worse. This includes drag & drop, adjusting the window size on any app or folder, moving the scroll bar, etc. It's not completely disabled but I need to try several times to make it work. At the same...
  10. keyboard window resize snap?

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard window resize snap?: Do not have Win10, but am wondering something. In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap . It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows...