Windows 10: HELP disabling Windows Explorer Address Bar in Win10

Discus and support HELP disabling Windows Explorer Address Bar in Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi this may seem like a stupid question (I feel kind of stupid for asking it haha) but I need help DISABLING the address bar in windows explorer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by acelead, Sep 1, 2015.

1. acelead Win User

HELP disabling Windows Explorer Address Bar in Win10

Hi this may seem like a stupid question (I feel kind of stupid for asking it haha) but I need help DISABLING the address bar in windows explorer.

I only need it to be temporary.

The reason I need to disable the address bar is when I'm recording desktop screen-capture tutorials I don't want the viewer to be able to see my folder structure as there is some proprietary info in the folder names.

So what I would like to be able to do is turn off the address bar before recording the video and then turn it back on afterwards. Honestly I don't really use it so I'm ok with leaving it turned off if necesary.

I have found some examples of how to do this on previous windows versions but I can't find anything on how to do this for Windows 10.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ace

:)

acelead, Sep 1, 2015

2. File Explorer crashing in Windows 10 since MArch 2016 update

Hi all,

I ran into the same issue a few days back, Windows Explorer would crash while opening or right clicking a certain folder (Windows 10), typing the folder address in the address bar would open it. I solved this issue as follows:

- Disabled quick access (Via Explorer options in the General tab, uncheck both checkboxes under Privacy)

- Disabled file preview (both the preview pane and the preview handlers, you can disable the preview handlers in the View tab)

After doing this, I can open and right click the site without crashing the explorer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ranko

Ranko Bakker, Sep 1, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar

This is going to sound strange, but the Address Bar on your Taskbar can be cleared from Windows File Explorer . . .

Open Windows File Explorer

At the top is the Address bar, right click and choose Delete History

If you do not get "Delete History' in the right click menu, click somewhere else in File Explorer and then right click the Address bar again

Imgur

DaveM121, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

HELP disabling Windows Explorer Address Bar in Win10

1. HELP disabling Windows Explorer Address Bar in Win10 - Similar Threads - HELP disabling Explorer

2. Address bar width windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address bar width windows 10 explorer: Hello!I wrote half of this text through a translator, because I have problems with writing on my own, I hope you will understand me.Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 22h2, build 19045.3758 and did not understand why the address bar of the explorer became narrow, as it was...
  3. Address bar width windows 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Address bar width windows 10 explorer: Hello!I wrote half of this text through a translator, because I have problems with writing on my own, I hope you will understand me.Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 22h2, build 19045.3758 and did not understand why the address bar of the explorer became narrow, as it was...
  4. hide or disable address bar from explorer file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hide or disable address bar from explorer file: Hello,i need your help to hide or disable the address bar from explorer file and from save asthank you all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-or-disable-address-bar-from-explorer-file/b9b0209e-2701-48cd-9888-f96b771754be
  5. hide or disable address bar from explorer file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hide or disable address bar from explorer file: Hello,i need your help to hide or disable the address bar from explorer file and from save asthank you all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-or-disable-address-bar-from-explorer-file/b9b0209e-2701-48cd-9888-f96b771754be
  6. hide or disable address bar from explorer file

7. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?: [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:...
  8. Windows File Explorer Address Bar

Windows File Explorer Address Bar: I'm currently having a problem with my windows file explorer. As you can see in the image, the address bar is black. I would like to to revert to its original color but I don't know how. [ATTACH]...
  9. Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar

Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello! As seen in the above two pictures, my file explorer address bar is currently malfunctioning. Occasionally it will work fine, but acts up without any particular trigger. I have already checked to make sure programs are up to date, also done a malware...
  10. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10: Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program). Does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer disable address bar Windows 10

2. disable file explorer address bar win10