Windows 10: Help doesn't work without internet

Discus and support Help doesn't work without internet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 7 I could press F1 with the desktop selected and would get help. If I do this in Windows 10 without the internet connected, I just get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Aug 18, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

Help doesn't work without internet

In Windows 7 I could press F1 with the desktop selected and would get help.

If I do this in Windows 10 without the internet connected, I just get a screen saying "Get connected to the Internet".
    This is crazy - there's lots of times when I am away from an internet connection and still want help!

If I do have internet, I just get an awful Bing search page - spit! (Yes I know I can use the ghastly search tool and press "Search My Stuff").

Is there no hope here?

Dave

:)

perdrix, Aug 18, 2015

2. Edge Browser Not Working With Windows 10 Upgrade

This solution doesn't work for me. Edge doesn't work, unable to connect to internet. Chrome works without problem.

Luis Orlando Rodríguez, Aug 18, 2015
  3. karwanS Win User
    GPS not working in Lumia 535

Hallo all,

I understood that the GPS of 535 doesn't work without internet connection, plz correct me if I'm wrong. I have the same problem.

I don't understand why the moderator doesn't tell us this instead of trying to reset or use another app, it just doesn't work without internet. This means actually that you have got no GPS, real GPS works without internet like TomTom.

Can we get some answer from Nokia it self?

Karo

karwanS, Aug 18, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

don't use help much myself ,couldn't agree more that it should have some help topics in the system, not having to go online to get help ,,but when I hit f1 I don't get a bing page I get this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/i...eric_help_menu

its says you have win10 but this page is for a different os ,click here for win10 ,when I click it takes me to this site .http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...n10_wol_legacy
    never going to bing ,not sure why yours go to bing ,maybe a setting some where

caperjack, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Help doesn't work without internet - Similar Threads - Help doesn't without

2. Internet will not connct without a restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet will not connct without a restart: I have a Lenovo PC with Windows 10. A week or so ago after an update I find that when I turn on the PC it will not connect to the internet unless I turn it off and start it again. This happens every time. The only way I can solve the problem is to turn off the " Fast Start"...
  3. Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell checking doesn't work in Internet Explorer or Edge: Hi, I think I've got all correct options turned on for Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.134 to perform spell checking on text entered in web forms: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] But neither IE nor Edge do perform proper spell checking on my...
  4. Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired internet connection works on my laptop but wifi doesn't.: I have tried to reboot the router as well as the laptop. When I signed into the router page to check, only this laptop's status shows as "blocked". Any help will be appreciated....
  5. Turned on my PC, now the internet doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turned on my PC, now the internet doesn't work.: Hi, today (9/6/2018) I turned my PC on like normal after using it last night. Only this time I have literately no internet connection available on this device. What I mean by that is, the ethernet cable is plugged in but I get no internet. It says it's connected and all, but...
  6. My MICROPHONE WORKED but now it DOESN'T HELP!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My MICROPHONE WORKED but now it DOESN'T HELP!!: I bought a new microphone and a new custom build pc and they worked fine for 1 month until yesterday when I received a notification from Realtek HD Audio that I unplugged my mic and I did accidentally and I was playing a game so I turned the notifications because they were...
  7. Adobe Flash Player doesn't work in Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player doesn't work in Internet Explorer: I am a newbie here. I am trying to access my grandson's science book online, but when I try to open the ebook, I get the error message: Alternate HTML content should be placed here. This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash I have tried accessing the Manage...
  8. help! keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help! keyboard doesn't work: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.540) using on screen keyboard. worked fine until after lunch [about 5 hours ago]. changed batteries; no luck. disabled all startup progs and cold booted. boot menu offers run cmd prompt and...
  9. Doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Doesn't work: I installed 10 this morning - started last night and went to bed with it saying "restarting", got up this morning and it was still the same. shut down and restarted and it spent another 2 hrs installing. I have now spent over an hr trying to make google my default search...
  10. Help rebooting without monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Help rebooting without monitor: I need help doing a factory reset on my laptop, the screen is broke and I've got it connected to a monitor, however when I initialise the factory reset, the monitor goes black and I can't go any further. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. 72094