Windows 10: Help doesn't work without internet

Discus and support Help doesn't work without internet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 7 I could press F1 with the desktop selected and would get help. If I do this in Windows 10 without the internet connected, I just get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Aug 18, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

Help doesn't work without internet

In Windows 7 I could press F1 with the desktop selected and would get help.

If I do this in Windows 10 without the internet connected, I just get a screen saying "Get connected to the Internet".
    This is crazy - there's lots of times when I am away from an internet connection and still want help!

If I do have internet, I just get an awful Bing search page - spit! (Yes I know I can use the ghastly search tool and press "Search My Stuff").

Is there no hope here?

Dave

:)

perdrix, Aug 18, 2015

2. Edge Browser Not Working With Windows 10 Upgrade

This solution doesn't work for me. Edge doesn't work, unable to connect to internet. Chrome works without problem.

Luis Orlando Rodríguez, Aug 18, 2015
  3. karwanS Win User
    GPS not working in Lumia 535

Hallo all,

I understood that the GPS of 535 doesn't work without internet connection, plz correct me if I'm wrong. I have the same problem.

I don't understand why the moderator doesn't tell us this instead of trying to reset or use another app, it just doesn't work without internet. This means actually that you have got no GPS, real GPS works without internet like TomTom.

Can we get some answer from Nokia it self?

Karo

karwanS, Aug 18, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

don't use help much myself ,couldn't agree more that it should have some help topics in the system, not having to go online to get help ,,but when I hit f1 I don't get a bing page I get this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/i...eric_help_menu

its says you have win10 but this page is for a different os ,click here for win10 ,when I click it takes me to this site .http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...n10_wol_legacy
    never going to bing ,not sure why yours go to bing ,maybe a setting some where

caperjack, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Help doesn't work without internet - Similar Threads - Help doesn't without

2. Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working: Hey everyone,Since yesterday morning my internet connection on my laptop suddenly stopped working. It shows that I'm connected to my wifi network, however when I try to enter any website, "You're not connected" is shown. The network diagnostics however show that "You're...
  3. Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working: Hey everyone,Since yesterday morning my internet connection on my laptop suddenly stopped working. It shows that I'm connected to my wifi network, however when I try to enter any website, "You're not connected" is shown. The network diagnostics however show that "You're...
  4. Bluetooth & Wireless internet connection doesn't work

Bluetooth & Wireless internet connection doesn't work: Okay, so I have this issue on my computer where the Bluetooth and wifi won't work. Bluetooth network connection shows as not operational and so does Ethernet in "Hardware and connection properties". When I go to device manager they show as working properly though. That...
  5. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work: For the last week or so, I've been having issues with my Windows computer's internet connectivity. In network and internet settings, I am apparently "connected to the internet," but no app, including internet browsers and Microsoft apps can actually connect to the...
  6. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work: For the last week or so, I've been having issues with my Windows computer's internet connectivity. In network and internet settings, I am apparently "connected to the internet," but no app, including internet browsers and Microsoft apps can actually connect to the...
  7. Computer connected to WiFi and Internet but Internet doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Internet doesn't work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet doesn't work on Windows 10: Hi, my PC can't connect to the internet. I rebooted my computer and did a network reset. I can't figure the problem. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-doesnt-work-on-windows-10/5f244035-863f-4253-bc72-1b0441891933
  9. Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet is connected to the internet, but internet doesn't work.: Today my PC suddenly stopped working with anything internet related, doesn't reach websites on Google Chrome, apps like Discord and Steam went offline. But Ethernet status hasn't changed, it still shows that it's connected. First my IPv6 connectivity had no internet...
  10. help! keyboard doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help! keyboard doesn't work: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.540) using on screen keyboard. worked fine until after lunch [about 5 hours ago]. changed batteries; no luck. disabled all startup progs and cold booted. boot menu offers run cmd prompt and...