Windows 10: Help double check something re: fresh install please

Discus and support Help double check something re: fresh install please in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I just successfully did a fresh install of Windows 10. I just have one question that I would like someone to answer for me if possible,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kickeddog, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Help double check something re: fresh install please

Hi everyone,

I just successfully did a fresh install of Windows 10. I just have one question that I would like someone to answer for me if possible, please! First let me illustrate how I did the install.

If you look up my post history, I was asking about the fresh start install tool that is available on Microsoft's website. Long story short, I kept getting an error message that some decent research couldn't resolve.

I discovered the Media Creation Tool and created a bootable USB drive that I installed Windows 10 from. I chose to install Windows only (and remove all files etc). Everything worked splendidly and here I am. Now my question:

As the install was finishing up, there was a screen that asked me to choose something or other. It looked like it was asking which partition or boot file I wanted to use, I really don't know. It was a blue screen with two Windows icons that I could have chosen. The thing is, I was playing Xbox in the background as the install occurred, and the screen really only gave about five seconds to make a selection. The time elapsed, and automatically selected the top option. The install finished, and everything is fine.

Can someone tell me what that screen was? Is there anything I need to know about it? My install from the thumb drive is as clean as you can get, correct?

Thank you!!

submitted by /u/kickeddog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kickeddog, Nov 2, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Marco83 Win User
    Microsoft Fresh Paint won't install, error 0x80240013

Thank you for your kind suggestion. Tried Revo Uninstaller Pro, but unfortunately could not find Fresh Paint nor its remnants anywhere. I double checked, but apparently there's nothing left to be removed, at least according to Revo

Marco83, Nov 2, 2019
  4. more123 Win User

Help double check something re: fresh install please

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Help double check something re: fresh install please

1. Help double check something re: fresh install please - Similar Threads - Help double check

2. I think i did something? Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think i did something? Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vostful [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1rrw5/i_think_i_did_something_please_help/
  3. Help re-installing Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help re-installing Windows: So I made an uh oh during my school assignment to download Ubuntu to a USB, and in the process of installing Ubuntu I accidentally re-formatted my hard drive and wiped Windows off my laptop :-) Windows came pre-installed with my laptop, but the internet claims that my laptop...
  4. I'm Probably missing something but please help.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm Probably missing something but please help.: Hi there I made a small mistake. I was having trouble with my bluetooth headphones connecting to my pc but sound would still come out of the pc and not the headphones. so i found a fix and went through step by step until it got to "uninstall Realtek HD audio manager. i...
  5. I need help with fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need help with fresh install: My computer was not running my games well, so i tried installing new drivers. (I have a Gtx 970) The driver completely messed up my native resolution from 1600x900 to 1600x1200. I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver, and restarted so i could get the default...
  6. I did something dumb, please help?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I did something dumb, please help?: I was trying to turn in Windows Dark mode it was not working and so I looked it up and found a guild, I did what it said and now I cannot log into my computer. It said perform a clean boot. To do this open system configuration, uncheck startup items then go into services...
  7. Windows 10 Repair and Re-Install....Help Please.

Windows 10 Repair and Re-Install....Help Please.: Hey all. I am in a jam and need help. My laptop just suddenly stopped responding. Got the message that there was a problem with my hard drive and Windows was trying to repair it. I let it go thru its work and after a couple hours it still was unresponsive. I tried...
  8. Keyboard types double letters even after fresh install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard types double letters even after fresh install: So I had one hard drive break on me, so I switched to the hard drive from my old laptop which had this same issue, but I figured it was just the flimsy internal keyboard. I tried to just make it all work, however it was too bloated, so I did a fresh install. Even in the...
  9. Kernel Security Check Failuire Please Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Security Check Failuire Please Help!: Keep getting these bsod error messages called Kernel_security_check_failure then my computer restarts it happens almost two to three times a day! Please help. System Specs: Cpu:AMD A10-7870k R7, 12 compute cores 4C+8G 3.90Ghz Gpu:Radeon R7 Graphics Ram:16GB System...
  10. unable to fresh install-help!

unable to fresh install-help!: I have a Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 laptop. It had 8.1 on it. It was upgraded to Win10, used one day, then crashed, and unable to boot. When handed to me for inspection, I found the partitions were all kinds of messed up. After several attempts to straighten them out, we decided...