Windows 10: Help double check something re: fresh install please

Discus and support Help double check something re: fresh install please in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I just successfully did a fresh install of Windows 10. I just have one question that I would like someone to answer for me if possible,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kickeddog, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Help double check something re: fresh install please

Hi everyone,

I just successfully did a fresh install of Windows 10. I just have one question that I would like someone to answer for me if possible, please! First let me illustrate how I did the install.

If you look up my post history, I was asking about the fresh start install tool that is available on Microsoft's website. Long story short, I kept getting an error message that some decent research couldn't resolve.

I discovered the Media Creation Tool and created a bootable USB drive that I installed Windows 10 from. I chose to install Windows only (and remove all files etc). Everything worked splendidly and here I am. Now my question:

As the install was finishing up, there was a screen that asked me to choose something or other. It looked like it was asking which partition or boot file I wanted to use, I really don't know. It was a blue screen with two Windows icons that I could have chosen. The thing is, I was playing Xbox in the background as the install occurred, and the screen really only gave about five seconds to make a selection. The time elapsed, and automatically selected the top option. The install finished, and everything is fine.

Can someone tell me what that screen was? Is there anything I need to know about it? My install from the thumb drive is as clean as you can get, correct?

Thank you!!

submitted by /u/kickeddog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kickeddog, Nov 2, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Marco83 Win User
    Microsoft Fresh Paint won't install, error 0x80240013

Thank you for your kind suggestion. Tried Revo Uninstaller Pro, but unfortunately could not find Fresh Paint nor its remnants anywhere. I double checked, but apparently there's nothing left to be removed, at least according to Revo

Marco83, Nov 2, 2019
  4. more123 Win User

Help double check something re: fresh install please

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Help double check something re: fresh install please

1. Help double check something re: fresh install please - Similar Threads - Help double check

2. Help re-installing an Intel Wifi driver please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help re-installing an Intel Wifi driver please.: Hello, I want to re-install a driver. It's a Wifi driver called "IntelR Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz", here's the documentation page for it. I initially installed it this morning using the "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" app. The problem is that while it was installing it go...
  3. Please help with fresh install of windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with fresh install of windows 11: So I resetted my laptop recently because it was getting problems. However after the reset I got a notification that there was a problem with the reset and that it couldn't log me in properly. I opened the C:\$SysReset\Logs\Setupact.log and it showed me a bunch of errors and I...
  4. Please help with fresh install of windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help with fresh install of windows 11: So I resetted my laptop recently because it was getting problems. However after the reset I got a notification that there was a problem with the reset and that it couldn't log me in properly. I opened the C:\$SysReset\Logs\Setupact.log and it showed me a bunch of errors and I...
  5. Fresh re-install - crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  6. Fresh re-install - crash

Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  7. Please help. Double charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help. Double charge: I need your help ! I was double charged for my Microsoft 365. I originally signed up as 1 person for 69.99. Then I found out my son needed it so I immediately upgraded like the computer screen asked if I wanted to. So I upgraded to the 99.99. My bank account was charged both...
  8. Please help. Double charge

Please help. Double charge: I need your help ! I was double charged for my Microsoft 365. I originally signed up as 1 person for 69.99. Then I found out my son needed it so I immediately upgraded like the computer screen asked if I wanted to. So I upgraded to the 99.99. My bank account was charged both...
  9. Windows 10 Re-Install " IS NOT WORKING ! please please please help

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Re-Install " IS NOT WORKING ! please please please help: Windows 10 Home. Purchased in 2016. My furry butt companion " Memphis" He's my Dawg... Accidently knocked my Quart of Beer into computer. Computer repair dude said he removed KEY from Account and installed into my NEW but yet still old Computer. Said since I was so poor it...
  10. Windows 10 Repair and Re-Install....Help Please.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Repair and Re-Install....Help Please.: Hey all. I am in a jam and need help. My laptop just suddenly stopped responding. Got the message that there was a problem with my hard drive and Windows was trying to repair it. I let it go thru its work and after a couple hours it still was unresponsive. I tried...