Windows 10: Help downgrading to Windows 7

Discus and support Help downgrading to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everybody, Recently I attempted to use the Windows 10 feature of downgrading to and restoring Windows 7. However when in the process of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win10throwaway, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Help downgrading to Windows 7

Hello everybody,
    Recently I attempted to use the Windows 10 feature of downgrading to and restoring Windows 7. However when in the process of restoring Windows 7 my computer freezes. Any help to prevent this, or to stop the process entirely so that I could use an alternate method of downgrading to Windows 7 would be very appreciated. I have tried turning it off and back on again, and when in the restoration screen there are no options available. Also CTRL+ALT+DELETE has yielded no results. Any help would be very appreciated, thanks!*Smile

:)

Win10throwaway, Jan 6, 2016

2. Need help with downgrading back to Windows 7

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to enter the Desktop or not?
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

You may use Windows 10 installation disc/USB to
    perform automatic repair by creating a Media Creation Tool. Use the link below to create the media tool.

Refer:
    Windows 10 ISO download

Note: Before performing the Automatic repair please go through the above link and follow the steps.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Downgrading My PC to Windows 7. Help, Please?

My mistake. I didn't realize that the free upgrade was offered for a year.

If my memory serves me right, it was Win. 8.1 Home.

That's understandable, I'll try and save up money for the Disc.

Well, I guess that I just don't like Windows 8-10 because of it's layout, it looks too much like a tablet. With every upgrade, it seems to get worse. I don't like the features either, such as Cortana. I don't know, I guess I'm just a little old fashioned
    when it comes to my OS preferences.

-Aradia

AradiaJarrett, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Help downgrading to Windows 7

Hi have you had Windows 10 more than 30 days installed on your computer.
    If you have then unless you made an image of windows 7 before you upgraded you cannot roll back.
    If under 30 days if you have not deleted it have you tried rolling back with windows old folder.
    Also may I ask why you are trying to roll back to windows 7, perhaps we can help you if you are having trouble with windows 10.

hTconeM9user, Jan 6, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    A couple of blanks need to be filled in, if you don't mind..............................

1. RE : when in the process of restoring Windows 7 my computer freezes.
    Please describe the method you use to initiate the restoring of Win 7.

2. RE : I have tried turning it off and back on again, and when in the restoration screen there are no options available.
    How did you get back to the "restoration screen" ?
    Did the screen freeze again ?
    What options you were expecting to see on the screen ?

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help downgrading to Windows 7

1. Help downgrading to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Help downgrading

2. I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10: My MoBo: GIGABYTE H410M S2My CPU: Intel i5-10400fMy GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030Basically I tried enabling secure boot on win 11 but it did not work, so I thought of downgrading my system but of course something had to go wrong and i am stuck in a loop of BSODs....
  3. I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help getting out of BSOD after trying to downgrade Windows from 11 to 10: My MoBo: GIGABYTE H410M S2My CPU: Intel i5-10400fMy GPU: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 1030Basically I tried enabling secure boot on win 11 but it did not work, so I thought of downgrading my system but of course something had to go wrong and i am stuck in a loop of BSODs....
  4. HELP! How do I downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro driver is not compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! How do I downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro driver is not compatible?: I have just purchased a reconditioned PC with Windows 10 Pro installed and have found that my business printer worth $1K will only work up to Windows 7. There is nothing on the computer that I need as far as data, can I downgrade the Windows and if so, how? The specs for the...
  5. HELP! How do I downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro driver is not compatible?

HELP! How do I downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro driver is not compatible?: I have just purchased a reconditioned PC with Windows 10 Pro installed and have found that my business printer worth $1K will only work up to Windows 7. There is nothing on the computer that I need as far as data, can I downgrade the Windows and if so, how? The specs for the...
  6. HELP! How do I downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 7 Pro driver is not compatible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.: Hello, I have been trying to switch to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 for 3 years. So I've been watching videos on YouTube trying to find a solution and yesterday morning I found one and I tested it. I had to create a 100GB Disk Space, then open the Windows 8.1 ISO file, copy...
  8. Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.: Hello, I have been trying to switch to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 for 3 years. So I've been watching videos on YouTube trying to find a solution and yesterday morning I found one and I tested it. I had to create a 100GB Disk Space, then open the Windows 8.1 ISO file, copy...
  9. Can anyone help me to switch to Windows 8.1 without the downgrade option in settings please.

10. Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...

Help - URGENT - MSCONFIG RESET ISSUE / Unable to download/ update software - Downgraded...: Hello, To whom it may concern, yesterday I had issues starting up a client/software so I decided to go to run - msconfig and use the diagnostic start up, being unaware i couldnt get back into user as it was saying password incorrect, anyway I rebooted it in safe mode using...