Windows 10: help downloading chrome

Discus and support help downloading chrome in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am having trouble downloading anything on my PC. Trying to download chrome and keep getting error message "Failed.. virus scan falled"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by donnalefever, Mar 22, 2020.

1. help downloading chrome

I am having trouble downloading anything on my PC. Trying to download chrome and keep getting error message "Failed.. virus scan falled"

:)

donnalefever, Mar 22, 2020

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 22, 2020
  4. help downloading chrome

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

help downloading chrome

1. help downloading chrome - Similar Threads - help downloading chrome

2. google chrome download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    google chrome download: Is there a google chrome app download in the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-download/5b4fb292-2493-4ea0-a047-441a8154bbc7
  3. DOWNLOADING CHROME

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOWNLOADING CHROME: Why does it take a whole DAY to install Goggle Chrome after downloading the relatively small file in just a few minutes at most? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-chrome/9b721ad8-9fca-4177-84ca-26958a775889
  4. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  5. Chrome download permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome download permissions: All other browsers work as expected. when trying to download .pdf or word files google chrome from Save as nothing happens after hitting the ok button. the only way to download these files is by changing the extention to .txt. Following the time stamp it generates a Windows...
  6. unable to download google chrome any help?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    unable to download google chrome any help?: unable to download google chrome any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-google-chrome-any-help/a39d9ccf-e3ab-490b-ac91-d4fdf5675222
  7. downloading chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading chrome: I would VERY much like to download Chrome an Firefox and do not understand why the "S" mode is preventing everything. I have MANY things in google/Chrome and this is going to cause unfathomable problems...
  8. Can't download chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download chrome: I receive an error message: "This app can't run on your PC" contact software developer for compatible software or something. I'm running 64-bit windows 10. Downloaded the 64-bit version. Had it installed, was having errors, tried to uninstall and reinstall, so I know it can...
  9. Problem with downloads in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with downloads in Chrome: Hello! As of March 8th, 2019 I can't download anything. Whenever I try, I get a message that says 'virus scan failed' accompanied by the failed download. Looking back at my download history, I was able to download things on March 6th, but was not able to on March 8th (I...
  10. Can't download Google Chrome, need help.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't download Google Chrome, need help.: So I uninstalled Google Chrome from my desktop which runs windows 10 now. However, when I try to install it again (from Google''s own site) it won't really do much; it only says "Downloading" and nothing more, the download-bar doesn't move at all. Tried downloading the...