Windows 10: Help! Drag and drop to install font is not working

Discus and support Help! Drag and drop to install font is not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Team, Good day! May you please advise why the drag and drop to install font feature does not work on my laptop? I am about to change the font... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iambrei.5, Aug 21, 2020.

1. iambrei.5 Win User

Help! Drag and drop to install font is not working

Hello Team,

Good day! May you please advise why the drag and drop to install font feature does not work on my laptop?

I am about to change the font however there is no indication if the change is in progress or simply nothing happens when I drag the .ttf file from Control Panel to the Font settings. My system is also updated.

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you

Help! Drag and drop to install font is not working 36916a70-ad41-4d37-b88b-e4136e0fd1e7?upload=true.png

:)

iambrei.5, Aug 21, 2020

2. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Aug 21, 2020
  3. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Help! Drag and drop to install font is not working

Installing OpenType Font

I am using Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I purchased some specialized fonts to use in Adobe Illustrator. The directions I found online regarding installation say install them in the Fonts folder in Windows first.

I followed the steps but the Fonts drag and drop box will not accept them. Any suggestions?

GlendaKoernig, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Help! Drag and drop to install font is not working

1. Help! Drag and drop to install font is not working - Similar Threads - Help Drag drop

2. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  3. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  4. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop not working properly: Hello,I've just noticed that I can't drag and drop properly; IE: Right click and hold on a file or folder, then drag to destination; release right button and context menu will come up, then select. What I'm getting is a red circle with a red slash through it if I try to drag...
  6. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop not working properly: Hello,I've just noticed that I can't drag and drop properly; IE: Right click and hold on a file or folder, then drag to destination; release right button and context menu will come up, then select. What I'm getting is a red circle with a red slash through it if I try to drag...
  7. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Drag and drop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and drop not working: Can somebody help me how to fix drag and drop cuz i'm having some difficulties trying to fix it submitted by /u/tinki_vinkiii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j08xv2/drag_and_drop_not_working/
  9. how to drag and drop front to install a new font

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to drag and drop front to install a new font: how to drag and drop front to install a new font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to/8cc100f2-ebce-4447-9f60-788b4dc05131
  10. drag and drop does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drag and drop does not work: drag and drop does not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-does-not-work/57c0cb22-5019-4867-8a78-2d9a4d5d05e4"