Windows 10: Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10

Discus and support Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Would this work: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ng-copyprofile Edit - actually reading again it seems very complicated either way!... 147361 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Spandex, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Spandex Win User

Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10

Spandex, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Feedor Win User

Win10 multiusers, can't log admin account, user account changed as admin

I have created a new admin account - the last one - starting with p.

I observe the following:

The first admin - the first on the list, starting with A - is the one I can't log in, but can run apps with its password.

I see that although both are administrator passwords, the first one is HomeUsers while the newly created is Utilisateurs (Users in English).

• So they are different, what about UAC???
    • Should I modify admin p from Users to HomeUsers so that it's identical to admin A??
    • When it'll be done with p, can I delete admin user A without consequences?

Thanks

Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10 3b249fa8-c1fd-4419-abd8-0b463108fc68.jpg

Feedor, Dec 29, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 29, 2019
  4. MauiFrank Win User

Missing Admin and User after auto win10 update

My win10 did an auto update and when it rebooted the Admin/User account is missing with 2 unknown guest accounts. I logged in with admin password and it tried to boot but message states that an error has occurred hit enter and it reboots again.

I found article that recommended

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

Step 2: To
    create a new administrative user account follow the steps below:

Windows 10 administrator account is missing after upgrading to Windows 10 from local account.

How do I get command prompt to execute? or is there an other solution?

MauiFrank, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10 - Similar Threads - Help duplicating admin

2. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  3. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  4. Admin User duplicating files from Standard User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin User duplicating files from Standard User: Hi all, I recently logged in into the Admin User on my PC and while cleaning some stuff up I noticed that C:\Users\admin\Documents had certain folders corresponding to my Standard User account. I checked these folders inside and they have the same files! For example, the...
  5. Duplicate users when logging in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Duplicate users when logging in windows 10: After latest windows 10 update there appears to be duplicate users when im booting up my PC. I can not find that account anywhere so I can remove it. I would like to auto-login to my main account without password every time i boot up my PC [IMG] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. Duplicate Users and Duplicate "Other User" on Win10 Logon Screen after Upgrade from Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Duplicate Users and Duplicate "Other User" on Win10 Logon Screen after Upgrade from Win7: So I recently updated a Win7 computer to Win10. When the Win10 logon screen pops up, it shows duplicate user (Domain) and duplicate "other user": John Smith Other user John Smith Other user Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  7. Application logs for non-admin user win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application logs for non-admin user win10: Hi all, I am using windows 10 machine and wanted to view application logs for non-admin user. But currently, when looking into event viewer I don't see any logs getting generated for non-admin user. Is there a way to do this (setting some registry or global policy)? Thanks....
  8. Duplicate User

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Duplicate User: Turned on computer and was given message saying "scanning and repairing c" After that logged into windows and it said that I've been signed into a temporary profile, signed out and restarted multiple times to make sure that wasn't the problem but still the same result....
  9. Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Log-in Confusion - Win10 - Want to be me, but not admin.: I understand that always being logged in as administrator can leave me open to unsavory intrusions into my computer, etc. But I haven't been able to find an answer to this simple question: When I log in to my computer, choosing MY profile which is listed as administrator...
  10. New User Full Admin - Auto Log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Full Admin - Auto Log in: Win 10 pro How do I create a new user account with full admin rights. Then make it so that when I switch on the laptop, that account appears on the welcome screen first and logs in automatically (without the need for a password every time) Asus Pu511a 4gb ram core i5 122662