Windows 10: Help Easiest way to extend screen to second laptop

Discus and support Help Easiest way to extend screen to second laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm working from home and would like to use my personal laptop as a second monitor for my work laptop. I'm unable to download any programs onto my work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AllThatCremains, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Help Easiest way to extend screen to second laptop

I'm working from home and would like to use my personal laptop as a second monitor for my work laptop. I'm unable to download any programs onto my work laptop and when trying to use the "project" feature in windows 10, it says protected content can't be viewed on this device. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/AllThatCremains
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AllThatCremains, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Returning Windows to Second Screen

Hello Kate,

Let's try to isolate the issue and see what is preventing you from using Windows to second screen. Kindly provide us the following information:

• When you turned on your computer, does it give you an extended display for both monitor screen and your laptop?
    • Is your monitor screen already connected to your laptop before turning it on?
    • What cable are you using to connect your second monitor to your laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Mar 18, 2020
  3. my second screen is no longer recognised/working.

Hi Hans,

You may have to re-specify the display style on your laptop. There's a possibility that your laptop is currently set to only display the PC screen. Let's change the display style to
    Extend or Duplicate and see if your laptop will recognize your TV as the second monitor/screen.

By the way, please ensure that your TV is properly connected to your laptop using a VGA, DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort cable, then follow the steps below to change the display style:

• Press the Windows key + P.
    • In the right pane of your screen, the following display styles will appear:

PC Screen Only

Duplicate

Extend

Second Screen Only

3. Select either Duplicate or Extend.

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you should you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Help Easiest way to extend screen to second laptop

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Help Easiest way to extend screen to second laptop

1. Help Easiest way to extend screen to second laptop - Similar Threads - Help Easiest extend

2. Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.: Hi wondered if anyone could help, I have a Lenovo thinkpad laptop for work and a Samsung widescreen monitor, working perfectly until now, it connects through a hdmi lead and my wide screen can duplicate what is on my laptop screen but it won’t extend. Wondered if anyone had...
  3. Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second screen will duplicate but won’t extend.: Hi wondered if anyone could help, I have a Lenovo thinkpad laptop for work and a Samsung widescreen monitor, working perfectly until now, it connects through a hdmi lead and my wide screen can duplicate what is on my laptop screen but it won’t extend. Wondered if anyone had...
  4. Extending Screen to Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending Screen to Laptop: Have extended Windows 10 PC screen wirelessly to Win 10 Laptop, but it stopped functioning. Now when I press MS key + P the laptop does not show in the list for wireless display. Both are on the same home private network. What am I missing?...
  5. Extending Screen to Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extending Screen to Laptop: Have extended Windows 10 PC screen wirelessly to Win 10 Laptop, but it stopped functioning. Now when I press MS key + P the laptop does not show in the list for wireless display. Both are on the same home private network. What am I missing?...
  6. Extending Screen to Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Easiest way to reinstall window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest way to reinstall window?: Over the past few months my PC has had some really weird issues. I don't think these are an effect of a virus, I have run full scans using Windows defender, Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and haven't found anything that could have caused these issues. Because of this I am...
  8. easiest way to pin any windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    easiest way to pin any windows?: easiest (1-click) way to pin any windows? that is another way of phrasing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghk9ka/feature_how_to_have_the_desktop_show_a_realtime/ that idea was found by 1 person on...
  9. Easiest way to securely wipe laptop drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Easiest way to securely wipe laptop drive: I have a friend who's not very pc savvy and she needs to wipe her hard drive in an old laptop before she gives it away. Can anyone recommend an easy way she can do this? Something like plug in this USB stick and execute the program on it. It's Win7 on her machine. PS:...
  10. Easiest way to block Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Easiest way to block Windows Updates: Hi all, I need three days of my life to setup a new computer with Win 10 Pro AU and now it's pretty fine (or almost...). Said that, I am really afraid that some "forced" update will destroy my spare time again so I want to AVOID Windows Update to update my computer....