Windows 10: help error 1060

Discus and support help error 1060 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok so i am looking into my programs and their is this one called "chrome search" which is just kinda blank and i want to remove it but everytime i go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ClassicValasic, Feb 7, 2016.

1. help error 1060

ok so i am looking into my programs and their is this one called "chrome search" which is just kinda blank and i want to remove it but everytime i go to try and uninstall it i get an error 1060 after my cmd pops up talking about a dispatch file their is no version or size to this program, please assist me in removing thnx

:)

ClassicValasic, Feb 7, 2016
  2. neff89 Win User

Windows 10 1709 Update can not be installed - Error 0x800704B8 - 0x3001A

I tried to reset the Security Settings using the following command:

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb

In the log file I found the following message:

----Configure General Service Settings...

Configure sysmonlog.

Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Error opening sysmonlog.

Configure SamSs.

Configure ntmssvc.

Error opening ntmssvc.

Configure netddedsdm.

Error opening netddedsdm.

Configure netdde.

Error opening netdde.

Configure dmserver.

Error opening dmserver.

Configure clipsrv.

Error opening clipsrv.

Configure Browser.

neff89, Feb 7, 2016
  3. 0x8007042C - 0x90016 upgrade and installation issue from Windows 7

sfc /scannow run as admin does not allow the machine\software\classes to be reset.

Group Membership configuration was completed successfully.

----Configure 64-bit Registry Keys...

Configure users\.default.

Configure machine\software.

Configure machine\software\classes.

Warning 5: Access is denied.

Error setting security on machine\software\classes.

Warning 5: Access is denied.

and also -

----Configure General Service Settings...

Configure sysmonlog.

Error opening sysmonlog.

Configure SamSs.

Configure ntmssvc.

Error opening ntmssvc.

Configure netddedsdm.

Error opening netddedsdm.

Configure netdde.

Error opening netdde.

Configure dmserver.

Error opening dmserver.

Configure clipsrv.

Error opening clipsrv.

Configure Browser.

General Service configuration was completed successfully.

-------------------------

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose produces a 6,000 line log file and I don't know what you need to see within it. The word failure does not appear in the log.

What specifically do you want to know about the secedit log?

AllanLevene, Feb 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

help error 1060

Chrome Search bar is an alternative to Cortana Search. If you are getting the error, something else is causing it.

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  5. yea i know that but i dont even use cortana i dont like it at all lol i have it disabled so i just use chrome itself . and dont know whats going on *Sad

ClassicValasic, Feb 7, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Do not know what is so funny. Again, Chrome Search is related to Chrome. That error may be unrelated to something else. That means that you will have to troubleshoot by checking the Google Chrome Forums on Google, to see if anyone else is having the problem.

I do not use any Task Bar search, because there is no need for it on my systems.

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    He wasn't being funny, that is a frown icon.

ClassicValasic, you could try uninstalling Chrome then reinstall it. Once that's done try uninstalling Chrome search again.

Where do you see the name Chrome search? Taskbar, installed programs?

Ztruker, Feb 7, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

help error 1060

Ztruker, it shows up on my browser as a LOL.

This has nothing to do with Chrome, since it is not an actual built in feature of Chrome.

The Search bar is a separate entity that you can download through the Chrome Web Store.

It has to be removed from the store or use Revo Uninstaller.

SearchBar - Chrome Web Store

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

help error 1060

1. help error 1060 - Similar Threads - help error 1060

2. Windows 11 Overclock controller 1060 Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Overclock controller 1060 Error: I am trying to overclock my controller on Windows 11 but I get an error that says "error trying to test loading of filter service: 1060. The specified device does not exist as an installed service". There is an easy solution on Windows 10 where you would right click on the...
  3. Windows 11 Overclock controller 1060 Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Overclock controller 1060 Error: I am trying to overclock my controller on Windows 11 but I get an error that says "error trying to test loading of filter service: 1060. The specified device does not exist as an installed service". There is an easy solution on Windows 10 where you would right click on the...
  4. How to fix DISM error code 1060?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix DISM error code 1060?: Hi! Im facing a problem with DISM tool, it fails a lot with error code 1060. How can i fix it???? I have done: sfc.exe /scannowDISM /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentcleanup -> Fails about 4, 5 times until start and end at 20%.DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth ->...
  5. How to fix DISM error code 1060?

How to fix DISM error code 1060?: Hi! Im facing a problem with DISM tool, it fails a lot with error code 1060. How can i fix it???? I have done: sfc.exe /scannowDISM /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentcleanup -> Fails about 4, 5 times until start and end at 20%.DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth ->...
  6. Error 1060 when starting Gaming Services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 1060 when starting Gaming Services: Gaming Services has two entries in the services application. One of them is able to run, but the other one gives me Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. I've tried reinstalling Gaming Services as well as repairing/resetting it. Any help...
  7. Error 1060 when starting Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1060 when starting Gaming Services: Gaming Services has two entries in the services application. One of them is able to run, but the other one gives me Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service. I've tried reinstalling Gaming Services as well as repairing/resetting it. Any help...
  8. Error 1060 when starting Gaming Services

9. Error 1060 - Microsoft Gaming Services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 1060 - Microsoft Gaming Services: It will not start, I have powershell removed it, and powershell installed it. I assume I will get a copy paste to do that again, to failure Ive done it 15 times with 15 different scrips and restarts. Anyone have a real fix?...
  10. DISM error 1060

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM error 1060: hii, I got window update error is like: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070424 I also did SFC scan but it can't repair all...