Windows 10: Help! Error after updating: Synced folder is missing

Discus and support Help! Error after updating: Synced folder is missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I am a mac guy who recently moved to windows (I have had it with the man from Cupertino). I am very happy so far. I just updated this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JonnyVermont, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Help! Error after updating: Synced folder is missing

Hi all,

I am a mac guy who recently moved to windows (I have had it with the man from Cupertino). I am very happy so far.

I just updated this morning to the Creative. After it loaded, I got a message saying A synced folder is missing. Backup and Sync is trying to sync "Desktop" but the folder has either been moved or deleted. It is asking me to Locate it.

Is it talking about the desktop on my PC or the desktop in Onedrive. OR, it is talking about the Desktop on Google Drive as the second dialog suggests. I am very confused. I have too many desktops.

Thanks for your help. I am finding this community to be great!

Help!  Error after updating: Synced folder is missing [​IMG]

:)

JonnyVermont, Oct 17, 2017

2. Creators Update and lost OneDrive folder settings

After the installation of the Creators Update, I seem to have lost my configured OneDrive settings. For example, under OneDrive, Account, Choose folders, I'm missing personal folders being checked off that were previously enabled for syncing. Before we
    roll this out to corporate machines, can I get confirmation that OneDrive folder sync settings are not preserved as a result of applying Creators Update?

Thanks!

cataclysm21, Oct 17, 2017
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cant rename files and folders in the Backup & Sync folder

Hi,

Corrupted system files may be the possible cause why you're unable to rename files and folders in the Backup & Sync folder. To isolate your issue, we'd like to know if you've get any error messages when you tried to rename your files and folder in the Backup
    & Sync folder.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruption and restore corrupted files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions in this

article
    to restore Windows corruptions errors.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Help! Error after updating: Synced folder is missing

If you goto Google drive icon right click goto settings you can see the folders it's trying to sync check they exist you can add other folders if you want

Samuria, Oct 17, 2017
Thema:

Help! Error after updating: Synced folder is missing

1. Help! Error after updating: Synced folder is missing - Similar Threads - Help Error updating

2. OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing: I have new computer setup and when using OneDrive personal on the new Windows 11, I see that a lot of my 100s of .lnk shortcuts to many different network folders e g \\server\folder\subfolder are missing. Is there any setting to include .lnk shortcuts. I see some posts about...
  3. OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive sync of .lnk links to network folders missing: I have new computer setup and when using OneDrive personal on the new Windows 11, I see that a lot of my 100s of .lnk shortcuts to many different network folders e g \\server\folder\subfolder are missing. Is there any setting to include .lnk shortcuts. I see some posts about...
  4. Camera gallery missing after syncing to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera gallery missing after syncing to Onedrive: I have recently set up syncing from my Samsung S10 to Onedrive. Now I am missing all of my Camera Gallery photos - I am left only with my screenshots. The actual photos are on Onedrive now. How do I get them back on to my phone?...
  5. Photo folder missing after recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo folder missing after recent update: Photo folder is missing after recent update. Only one folder is missing but I want to know if/how I can get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-folder-missing-after-recent-update/1f94a37a-205d-4636-9bd6-4db966c638cf
  6. A SYNCED FOLDER IS MISSING

in Windows 10 Customization
    A SYNCED FOLDER IS MISSING: I have just run a major update for Windows Ten and I'm now on version 2004. I now have a message on my desktop at startup. This is shown below. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? [ATTACH] I look forward to your suggestions. Martyn...
  7. [Help] Missing Files/Folders after Windows Update to ver 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Missing Files/Folders after Windows Update to ver 2004: Title says it all. Windows boots from C:\ which has a documents folder matching my login username. I am missing a folder and all of its contents from D:\, which has a documents folder that does not match my login user. However, there are plenty of other folders that I can see...
  8. Missing folders after forced update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing folders after forced update?: Microsoft's Incompetence is Astounding!! I can just imagine the panic a Lawyer or a photographer felt on opening there computer after a Forced update to see all there files gone. Microsoft needs to be sued into oblivion....
  9. files/folders missing after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files/folders missing after update: WHERE ARE MY FOLDERS AND FILES AFTER AN AUTOMATIC UPDATE THIS WEEK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/filesfolders-missing-after-update/d17ee6fe-c588-47e5-b518-3373d5ad5405"
  10. Missing folders after WIN10 update (Download)

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing folders after WIN10 update (Download): I upgraded this morning, loved it except no multi monitor. came home from work downloaded the latest nvida drivers for windows 10 still not multi monitor. The biggest issue, most of my folders on my D:\ drive (2 Mirrored drives) were gone... All my pics, music, etc.. so I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a synced folder is missing

2. synced folder is missing

3. how to fix when a synched folder is missing

4. error on windows 10 a synced folder is missing,
  5. windows 10 a synced folder is missing,
  6. synced folder is missing backup and sync is trying to sync desktop,
  7. a synced folder is missing desktop