Windows 10: [HELP] Every time I interact with my keyboard/mouse after ~3-5 minutes of inactivity, all...

Discus and support [HELP] Every time I interact with my keyboard/mouse after ~3-5 minutes of inactivity, all... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, and thanks in advance for the help. This has been bugging me for months. I run a 3 monitor setup with my desktop and each time the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tbabyftw, Dec 4, 2020.

1. [HELP] Every time I interact with my keyboard/mouse after ~3-5 minutes of inactivity, all...

Hi all, and thanks in advance for the help.

This has been bugging me for months. I run a 3 monitor setup with my desktop and each time the computer goes longer than 3-5 minutes without an input (when I'm away or just watching Netflix, or whatever) all of my windows re-size. This means that if I am playing a game, but took a small break without closing it, when I come back and move my mouse, every window that may have been minimized on the same monitor, pops up full screen right in front of it.

I have no idea how to go about fixing this problem and I consider myself fairly computer-savvy. I saw some old Microsoft forum posts dating back to 2015/2016 with the same issue and they all led to a dead-end.

submitted by /u/tbabyftw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tbabyftw, Dec 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes after ~5 minutes of inactivity/idle

Hi,

Hoping for some assistance on this, for what appears to be a somewhat common problem.

My issue is extremely similar to
    this issue
    . I would in fact say it is virtually identical.

In summary..

• After ~5 minutes of inactivity, Windows 10 completely freezes
    • It absolutely hangs - it does not respond to any keyboard or mouse input. The
      only thing it responds to is a hard power off by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
    • It doesn't matter whether music/video is playing - it will freeze provided there is
      5 minutes of inactivity
    • If music is playing, the audio will also freeze.
    • This means provided the computer receives constant input (whether mouse or keyboard), I can use it for almost an indefinite period of time
    • I suspect it is related to a Windows Update/driver
    • There are a small number of other situations which trigger a freeze - appears to be related to installation of software and/or Windows Update
      • Example is after installing VirtualBox, computer will freeze upon opening
      • Whilst attempting to install a Samsung Android driver, it froze in the middle of installation
    As a side issue, I am also unable to shut down, restart or hibernate my computer. Shutting down/restarting/hibernating will result in the screen turning off, but unless I actually hard power off the computer by holding onto the power button, the power light
    will show as on and you can hear the fan constantly running until it is forced off by a hard power off. I believe this is also related to a Windows Update/driver, because it did work previously. Maybe this should have its own separate question post, seeing
    as it is probably a separate issue.

Hardware/Software Summary:

• Laptop Model: Acer Aspire E14 ES1-411-C1WD (purchased ~July 2015)
    • Processor: Intel Celeron CPU N2940 @ 1.83GHz

Let me know if any other information is required that may be of assistance.

Appreciate any assistance that can be provided!

illumination10, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

[HELP] Every time I interact with my keyboard/mouse after ~3-5 minutes of inactivity, all...

Windows 10 logs off after a few minutes of inactivity

Hi,

Based on the information that you provided, after 5 minutes of inactivity your monitor will power off. Then, you stated that after you moved the mouse, Windows 10 will ask for your password.

You can prevent Windows 10 from asking password once your monitor resumes from sleep. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under Require sign-in, choose Never from the drop-down menu.

Note: Once you deactivate this feature, your device is not protected from unauthorized access.

If you want to to go back to the previous option, follow steps 1 to 3, but on step 4, you need to select
    When PC wakes up from sleep from the drop-down menu.

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

[HELP] Every time I interact with my keyboard/mouse after ~3-5 minutes of inactivity, all...

1. [HELP] Every time I interact with my keyboard/mouse after ~3-5 minutes of inactivity, all... - Similar Threads - HELP Every interact

2. BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every 5 minutes after startup.: every time i turn on my PC i get a BSOD with nothing else running. I tried system restore, then updated all drivers, programs, etc================================================== Dump File : 011524-16843-01.dmp Crash Time : 1/15/2024 11:21:18 PM Bug Check String :...
  3. My new laptop crashes exactly 3 times every time on boot. It also crashes after 3-5 minutes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop crashes exactly 3 times every time on boot. It also crashes after 3-5 minutes...: Hello everyone. I will do my best to be as descriptive as possible in this post. Thank you for your time and any light anyone can shed on the issue. Let me know if you need any additional information. Recently I purchased a new laptop. I got the display model as it was the...
  4. My new laptop crashes exactly 3 times every time on boot. It also crashes after 3-5 minutes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new laptop crashes exactly 3 times every time on boot. It also crashes after 3-5 minutes...: Hello everyone. I will do my best to be as descriptive as possible in this post. Thank you for your time and any light anyone can shed on the issue. Let me know if you need any additional information. Recently I purchased a new laptop. I got the display model as it was the...
  5. Need Help With this, keeps happening every time and last 5 minutes:

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help With this, keeps happening every time and last 5 minutes:: submitted by /u/Andrezazel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/voth9e/need_help_with_this_keeps_happening_every_time/
  6. laptop freezes 5-10 minutes after start up for 5-7 minutes every time

laptop freezes 5-10 minutes after start up for 5-7 minutes every time: hi, every time i turn on or restart after 5-10 minutes there is a definite freezing for about 5-7 minutes, then it becomes totally fine. first occurred when i was watching a video on VLC, so i thought it was a problem in it , then no matter what application i have open at the...
  7. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  8. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  9. All my USB's disconnect at the same time and then reconnect around every 5-10 minutes I...

All my USB's disconnect at the same time and then reconnect around every 5-10 minutes I...: [ATTACH]This happens a lot, it has messed me up when playing online games and when I'm working on school projects. my computer is the Lenovo Legion Y520. If you know the answer to this problem please let me know, thanks!...
  10. Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound: Hi there. Since some Windows 10 updates ago, if I let the PC inactive for some minutes the monitor turns off. Then if I move the mouse, it needs around 5 seconds to turn on again, but in the "sound" configuration the speakers are not being recognized anymore and there is no...