Windows 10: Help! every time my computer blacks the screen out from no use, my audio starts flipping out

Discus and support Help! every time my computer blacks the screen out from no use, my audio starts flipping out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, If I leave my computer inactive for however much time, the screen goes black. when i "wake" the computer my audio sources keep switching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CanuckFriedRice, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Help! every time my computer blacks the screen out from no use, my audio starts flipping out

Hi there,

If I leave my computer inactive for however much time, the screen goes black. when i "wake" the computer my audio sources keep switching and fast. it keeps going between monitor, external speakers, and headset. I have no clue why it does this. I'm on the most recent version of Windows ten and have recently updated my BIOS.

also in case its related, my Blue Yeti microphone, of which my headset is routed through, recently stopped working and gives the error "device failed to send descriptor" when I look for it in device manager.

any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/CanuckFriedRice
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CanuckFriedRice, Jul 24, 2020

2. My laptop/tablet screen blacks out.

Hi Allie,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with laptop screen blacks out every 10-15 minutes.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• Did you make any specific changes prior to this issue?

• Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message along with the error code?
    There could be a possibility that this issue might have occurred if there are any external devices connected to the laptop which are causing conflict or it can be due to outdated display drivers or corrupted drivers on the
    system.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Unplug all external devices.

• Restart the system.

• If the black screen has disappeared, add the devices back one at a time to see which piece of hardware is causing this issue.

• Once identified, install updated drivers for that particular piece of hardware.
    If that doesn’t work, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”
    , let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some
    third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.
    Step 2:

If the issue does not appear in safe mode, place the computer in clean boot state and check if the issue reappears.

To diagnose the problem whether any third party program or application is causing the conflict, I would suggest you to try “clean boot” and check if it helps.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Try to reboot the system and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Also, I would suggest you to try System File Checker (SFC) and check if that helps.

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 29, 2020
  3. SiHild Win User
    Lumia 635 black screen at 'time out' lock screen but os working

Hi everyone.

I hope I manage to explain my problem properly and it makes sense. Help! every time my computer blacks the screen out from no use, my audio starts flipping out :)

I usually have my lock screen time out at 1 minute but today when the lock screen kicks in I'm unable to do anything with the phone. The screen is black but the os is working. For example when someone calls me the screen comes back to life and when I plug
    in my charger my phone in the screen starts working as normal - it's just when it goes to lock screen. If I change my lock screen time out the screen doesn't turn black - but will drain my battery!

Also for a bizarre reason the 'battery saver' in SETTINGS was saying I had (ie) 85% battery remaining but the battery icon showed almost empty yet charging when it is not connected. The soft reset rectified this but not the black screen problem.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Help! every time my computer blacks the screen out from no use, my audio starts flipping out :)

(PS: If a suggestion is a hard reset, would my contacts list be lost?)

SiHild, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Jecook Win User

Help! every time my computer blacks the screen out from no use, my audio starts flipping out

Computer screen blacks out before I can do anything

I have an HP desktop computer running Win10 64bit, I cannot make use of the computer because the screen blacks out almost instantaneously. I assume it is a driver (Intel graphics and LG Monitor) problem but with the screen blacked out I cannot do any diagnosis.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I am at a complete loss!

Jecook, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Help! every time my computer blacks the screen out from no use, my audio starts flipping out

1. Help! every time my computer blacks the screen out from no use, my audio starts flipping out - Similar Threads - Help every computer

2. My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.: The laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds. It happens for just a second though. It was just fine till yesterday and today it is doing this for no apparent reason. The windows are up to date and I don't know what to do about it now....
  3. My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.: The laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds. It happens for just a second though. It was just fine till yesterday and today it is doing this for no apparent reason. The windows are up to date and I don't know what to do about it now....
  4. My laptop screen keeps blacking out every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blacked Out Start Screen - Across All Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blacked Out Start Screen - Across All Computers: Several months ago, the start-up screen on all of my computers Windows 10 with 365 turned black and no longer displayed my images as a background. I have tinkered with all of the "color" settings but no effect. This is effecting all of my computers 3 at home and 1 in the...
  6. Screen time: My computer threw me out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen time: My computer threw me out: While browsing, suddenly a window popped up, informing me that my screen time is up and threw me out. I am an adult and I use my computer for nearly one year now. Why did this happen and what can I do to change it. All the options given by the system are dead ends....
  7. Using keyboard while my computer screen is flipped

Using keyboard while my computer screen is flipped: I'm wondering if I can keep the hardware keyboard on when I flip my screen to the back of it, as I have a Lenovo FLEX Laptop, and want to use it as a keyboard for my external monitor, with the screen on my desk. Whenever I flip it, the keyboard and touchpad turn off, but I...
  8. My Audio is out

My Audio is out: How do I get the Audio speaker back on my computer? My computer updated and now it took my sound away again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-is-out/2f6a50e0-097e-43ef-871d-25fa3ba277be
  9. Flipped out over Flipped lab top screen!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flipped out over Flipped lab top screen!: Three year old must have had some fun. I woke up to get ready for work, turned on lab top and my morning was flipped upside down. Can anyone tell me how to flip my screen back over? When I type everything including the backspace is all backwards. It feels like I am in...
  10. Win10 Flips out on boot with a blue screen 50% of the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Flips out on boot with a blue screen 50% of the time: My Win10 laptop flips out on boot with a blue screen, right before/after you can see the mouse. It never reboots when it says it will. And it seems to blame my graphics card for this, as Catylitst Controll on logging claims that there is no AMD driver or thats its...