Windows 10: HELP.. Everything is gone!

Discus and support HELP.. Everything is gone! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; logged onto my computer tonight and EVERYTHING is gone. The desktop comes on and there are a few shortcuts for apps, but everything else is gone. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cstultz74, Aug 12, 2020.

1. cstultz74 Win User

HELP.. Everything is gone!

logged onto my computer tonight and EVERYTHING is gone. The desktop comes on and there are a few shortcuts for apps, but everything else is gone. I checked the document folder and its all gone too. This is about 20 years worth of my life. I just got rid of the old hard drive I took out of my 1998 computer the other day.

:)

cstultz74, Aug 12, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 12, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 12, 2020
  4. HELP.. Everything is gone!

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

HELP.. Everything is gone!

1. HELP.. Everything is gone! - Similar Threads - HELP Everything gone

2. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything is gone: Hey, today I started my PC and now everything is gone.I still have all my files and programs but my desktop is gone and my documents etc. as if it made new userand deleted old one. How can I revert this?...
  3. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything is gone: Hey, today I started my PC and now everything is gone.I still have all my files and programs but my desktop is gone and my documents etc. as if it made new userand deleted old one. How can I revert this?...
  4. After Shutdown everything is gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Shutdown everything is gone.: I shut down my computer and now when I turned it back on everything on my desktop has been reset, all of my files are gone, along with my word, excel, PowerPoint and access. No matter what I do on this new desktop, nothing saves either so it gets reset after each shutdown....
  5. Everything is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything is gone: I think I accidentally ended ‘explorer’ in task manager - all my programs exited. I restarted and then everything was missing - all my files gone, programs logged out like they’ve been newly installed, background has changed, etcTo try and fix I started up explorer again and...
  6. I need immediate help please .. everything is gone !!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need immediate help please .. everything is gone !!: Hello everyone .. I was using a Windows 10 acer device ( not mine, for a family member ) and i noticed that there are alot of unused programs from the control panel so i started to uninstall the ones am sure are not needed like unused players or pdf readers and such .. one...
  7. Everything is gone after update

Everything is gone after update: Hey Microsoft, I`ve just updated my computer and now everything is gone. I`m a streamer, I had a lot of settings saved and files being put in place. Now everything is re-arranged without my permission on my desktop. How can I go back? The restoration point is not allowing...
  8. Everything on my laptop is gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything on my laptop is gone: I recently spilled coffee on my laptop so I had to bring it to my local shop to get it fixed. A fan and my keyboard got replaced but everything on my laptop is gone. I don’t have my office, I don’t need a password to start my laptop, I have zero documents left on my laptop....
  9. EVERYTHING GONE WRONG!!!!

EVERYTHING GONE WRONG!!!!: When i started using Windows 10, i felt really excited! Well, a few days later, it already showed me that storage was almost full, even though i started using it. Surprisingly, the WHOLE system tooked up Half of my storage! And now i tried everything to have enough storage...
  10. HELP, everything is gone!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP, everything is gone!: Approximately 7 weeks ago, I had an update that wiped out all of my "junk" temporary files. Since then, every time the computer turns off or I get an update , I lose more and never see it again. I have lost pictures, my favorites, my games, tabs, reading list, and yesterday,...