Windows 10: HELP FAST!! SHORTCUT PROBLEM

Discus and support HELP FAST!! SHORTCUT PROBLEM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello!! I need tech person to help me!!! Okay, so I had to format my SD card (removable drive) and I copied all of my files, then I formatted. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItzShemy, Jan 20, 2020.

1. HELP FAST!! SHORTCUT PROBLEM

Hello!! I need tech person to help me!!! Okay, so I had to format my SD card (removable drive) and I copied all of my files, then I formatted. I tried pasting all of my files, but it wouldn’t let me!!! Some error popped up saying it’s unable to, blah blah. So I did: “Paste Shortcut” and it turned all of my files into shortcuts! I tried pasting all of my other files onto other folders, and it’s no use! It would let me! Now, all of the files I’ve copied are gone, and I’m left with some dumb shortcut folder what was the remain of my folders!!!!

I DID NOT HAVE A VIRUS/MALWARE TURN MY FILES INTO A SHORTCUT. I DID IT MYSELF HOW DO I TURN IT BACK?

I’ve tried using the command prompt and attrib -h -r-s /s /d ., but it didn’t work!!!!! This is urgent! I’m completely useless without my files! I use these files every single day!!

Main question: How do I convert my shortcut files back? The main ones are all deleted. I’m at a lost hope. Help!!!!!!

submitted by /u/ItzShemy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ItzShemy, Jan 20, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.HELP FAST!! SHORTCUT PROBLEM :)

terrace, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Shortcut problems

ok ok... yes, i finally cave in and ask for help, rather than offering it *Stick Out Tongue HELP FAST!! SHORTCUT PROBLEM :p

this ones probably simple for someone in the know, but i dont know where to look.
    Simple problem - the context menu (right clicking somewhere, such as on my desktop) wont let me create shortcuts. i click it, and nothing happens at all.

All other items there work, just no shortcut wizard appears to let me enter the address/name for it.

All pre-made shortcut files work just fine, so its merely a registry setting to do with creating them.

Can anyone help out?
    (OS is vista x64 if it helps)

Mussels, Jan 20, 2020
  4. alexp999 Win User

HELP FAST!! SHORTCUT PROBLEM

Shortcut problems

If you havent done them yet, I suggest doing the second one first and trying that before you add the first one.

Hope it helps.

alexp999, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

HELP FAST!! SHORTCUT PROBLEM

1. HELP FAST!! SHORTCUT PROBLEM - Similar Threads - HELP FAST SHORTCUT

2. Problem with Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Shortcut: Hello, the message Problem with Shortcut popped up, I pressed it by mistake and the icon disappeared, has the program that was the shortcut been deleted and is it possible to restore everything?...
  3. Problem with shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with shortcut: When I try to open a video it pops a message saying as following: "Problem with shortcut. The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Capture_20121014.wmv - Shortcut.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is...
  4. Fast Startup Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup Problem: Why?? [ATTACH] Pls Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-startup-problem/83b79418-91e7-45d9-b01a-6477e9e54bd3
  5. Problems with fast startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems with fast startup.: So, i have set the fast startup to ON. It works, but sometimes it just automaticallyturns off by itself. I don't do anything. When i turn it back on, it works fine. But after a while, it turns off again....
  6. Please help fast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help fast: Windows 10 pro for 60 bucks is it original ? submitted by /u/Vamparics92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwjmji/please_help_fast/
  7. NEED HELP FAST

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NEED HELP FAST: Guys so i opened my laptop so i can play. I didnt do anything to it the last time i used it but now i encounter a problem. Everytime i rightlick a folder on desktop the spinning loading icon in the mouse appears and it doesnt stop. I already tried some video tutorials on yt...
  8. Problems with Creating Shortcuts FAST REPLY REALLY APPRECIATED!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with Creating Shortcuts FAST REPLY REALLY APPRECIATED!: I want to create desktop shortcuts for apps purchased from the Microsoft Store. But, I don't know how to do so. My normal solution for this would to open the file location, but this option isn't available for stuff purchased from MS Store. Help me. Thanks....
  9. help fast

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help fast: hi guys..iy donwload w10 and going istal and when checking for update stop ti 46%and dont move..nothing..cannit instal help.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-fast/c88ed69f-c181-4615-acdb-8cfc4876278f
  10. Shortcut problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut problem: Upgraded from 8.1 to 10. Now all my "shortcut icons" all have what looks like a white notebook page covering most of them. Did not have the problem before going to Win 10 If I delete the program icon and then go and create another one, same thing happens. Icon is created with...