Windows 10: Help figuring out event log, maybe malicious?

Discus and support Help figuring out event log, maybe malicious? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, bit of a strange post but I had some very important work left rendering over a few days at work on my personal issue laptop when I wasn't in. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/weiv7, Jun 30, 2020.

1. /u/weiv7 Win User

Help figuring out event log, maybe malicious?

So, bit of a strange post but I had some very important work left rendering over a few days at work on my personal issue laptop when I wasn't in.

I mean this work it very very important, I left a sign on it saying it was in use, I came back into work and my computer was powered off. Wall plug etc everything was still turned on.

I've checked event manager and I have an error log (event id 6008) and critical log (event id 41. Task category 63) source is kernel power.

The error log says "the previous system shutdown at '*TIME OF THE SHUTDOWN on *Date of shutdown * was unexpected.

I've taken out the times and dates, this time coincides with a colleague 10mins before logging off work to go home on the friday (only him at work). This colleague is very difficult to work with and likes to cause issues/bully various staff. I'm suspicious but not sure if it is him. I just want to see what these logs relate to.

I have made a test this morning and held the power button down and these exact logs are replicated.

Could these logs relate to anything else? To make me not so suspicious.

Many thanks for any help.

submitted by /u/weiv7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/weiv7, Jun 30, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Help figuring out event log, maybe malicious? :cool:

jmcslob, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Catbill Win User
    How is Event Online Help supposed to work?

There are many errors in the Event Viewer. When I click "Event Log Online Help" a window opens asking if it is OK to send information across the internet. When I click Yes, a Technet page shows a series of issues that are not related to the event log issue.

Is it really supposed to work this way?? If so, how does it help me? If not, how can it be fixed? Is there not a listing somewhere of the Event IDs and suggested resolutions?

Thank you.

Catbill, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Help figuring out event log, maybe malicious? - Similar Threads - Help figuring event

2. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  3. BSODs need help figuring out cause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs need help figuring out cause: Hello, getting hit with BSODs relentlessly. Mostly memory management or irql less equal. But once also saw a kernel related stop code. Windows keeps crashing in couple of minutes of reboot. Also, was unsuccessful with resetting the OS -- the pc somehow restarted in the middle...
  4. Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?: Hello. When I turn on the laptop, the events in the event log are arranged out of order. The out-of-order eventlog has the uptime, typically 70000 seconds. It's always been that way. I think this is because of the fast startup, it does not completely turn off the PC. Windows...
  5. Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?

Events in the Windows event log are out of order. Is it normal?: Hello. When I turn on the laptop, the events in the event log are arranged out of order. The out-of-order eventlog has the uptime, typically 70000 seconds. It's always been that way. I think this is because of the fast startup, it does not completely turn off the PC. Windows...
  6. BSOD Windows 11 I can't figure it out, maybe you geniuses can help me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Windows 11 I can't figure it out, maybe you geniuses can help me.: I started getting a BSOD recently and I can't figure it out. All the crash minidumps and large memory.dmp as well as msinfo32 and event viewer to system and application are all located on my google drive shared folder. I tried sfc /scannow and it reported no issues. Also ran...
  7. BSOD Windows 11 I can't figure it out, maybe you geniuses can help me.

BSOD Windows 11 I can't figure it out, maybe you geniuses can help me.: I started getting a BSOD recently and I can't figure it out. All the crash minidumps and large memory.dmp as well as msinfo32 and event viewer to system and application are all located on my google drive shared folder. I tried sfc /scannow and it reported no issues. Also ran...
  8. figuring out event viewer errors - Distro com?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    figuring out event viewer errors - Distro com?: here are some errors that i see in EV, i want to be able to get my windows 10 pro install cleaned up and running to perfection. checking EV this error under SYSTEM shows up a lot what is it? The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation...
  9. Help figuring out BSOD error nlem64nt.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help figuring out BSOD error nlem64nt.sys: Original thread here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-figuring-out-bsod-error-nlem64ntsys/686418bb-65fe-4b2e-a18d-0f37c95e7b12 Unfortunately, it is locked. nlem64nt.sys is used by NetLib encryptonizer. We had a similar issue with this causing...
  10. help me to figure out this problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help me to figure out this problem: --------------------------- Windows Script Host --------------------------- Script: C:\Users\munee\AppData\Roaming\JVUDq\uMDuY.vbs Line: 1 Char: 43 Error: The system cannot find the file specified. Code: 80070002 Source: (null) ---------------------------...