Windows 10: Help files, buttons etc displaying in wrong language

Discus and support Help files, buttons etc displaying in wrong language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I reset the display language for Help files, buttons, etc to English language? At present they are in Russian which I do not speak.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ewald2, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Ewald2 Win User

Help files, buttons etc displaying in wrong language

How can I reset the display language for Help files, buttons, etc to English language? At present they are in Russian which I do not speak.

:)

Ewald2, Aug 10, 2018
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Help files, buttons etc displaying in wrong language

Windows display language difficulties

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while trying to add English language?

2) What is the default language set on your computer?

I suggest you try below steps to add English language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Help files, buttons etc displaying in wrong language

1. Help files, buttons etc displaying in wrong language - Similar Threads - Help files buttons

2. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  3. Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 displaying the wrong language sometimes.: Hello! I tried looking it up but I couldn't find any answers.My Windows is displayed in both English and Dutch and it's very confusing. I want my language set to English but I don't know where to change this? The settings are as follows:However a lot of menus and other things...
  4. Start Button, Display Setting, etc. No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button, Display Setting, etc. No Longer Working: Hi,When I left click on the start button, nothing comes up. If I right click, and select for examples "Settings", nothing happens. If I right click on the desktop, and click on "Display Settings", it states that the file does not have an app associated with it for performing...
  5. Wrong buttons

Wrong buttons: Hey , sometimes I get this problem where my Ctrl key is shown as pressed even tho I am not doing so. You could understand how annoying that is, not only that, but for some reason this also sometimes happens - I press Esc and then my ctrl key is also shown as pressed. Doesn't...
  6. Wrong file size displayed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong file size displayed: [ATTACH] I am getting this in my F drive. I updated windows, scanned it using Windows Defender Offline scan but still it's appearing like this. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-file-size-displayed/7d4b0e10-4611-4f3b-a497-abdc51e4c306"
  7. Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong Language being displayed in Microsoft Edge: SInce this morning, when I started up Edge, the display was in Arabic (or some similar language) and not English, if I search for MSN.com for example it initially displays in English then goes to Arabic. My language settings all seem fine, but Edge keeps redirecting to the...
  8. Display Language won't change - HELP!

Display Language won't change - HELP!: Hi Everyone, My display language was set to Irish but I know need to change it back to English. I have gone over all the sets such as: Setting/Time & Language and set everything to English and removed the Irish version. I rebooted the machine but its still in Irish even...
  9. change display language: "set as default" button is not available

change display language: "set as default" button is not available: Hello, Whey I navigate to my language settings, I can add languages but the button "set as default" is not visible. The system was installed in dutch, but I would like an english interface. I have already the language "English (United States" installed. The user account...
  10. change display language: "set as default" button is not available

change display language: "set as default" button is not available: Hello, Whey I navigate to my language settings, I can add languages but the button "set as default" is not visible. The system was installed in dutch, but I would like an english interface. I have already the language "English (United States" installed. The user account...