Windows 10: Help finding and adjusting resolution?

Discus and support Help finding and adjusting resolution? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using nvidia quadro 4000. My secondary monitor is an Emerson 32" LC320EM2, and I'm having a hard time finding the proper resolution for it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shrewstur, Dec 29, 2020.

1. shrewstur Win User

Help finding and adjusting resolution?

Hi, I'm using nvidia quadro 4000. My secondary monitor is an Emerson 32" LC320EM2, and I'm having a hard time finding the proper resolution for it. Online searching says its 720p resolution, but neither of the two provided 720p's are right. Another search result says 1366x768, but that is both stretched and cutoff. All default options either cut things off, leave black bars, or scale improperly.

With my other system's graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 3000), I was able to scale the vertical and horizontal by a percentage, such as 85%. Is there a setting like this in the Nvidia Control Panel? (pictured in screenshot) I'm okay with fudging with things like this.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. I wasn't sure if this best fit in general, hardware, or graphics card forum, so please move this if there's a better fit.

Windows version number: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.685)

:)

shrewstur, Dec 29, 2020

2. Need help adjusting resolution

Hello Joan,

To assist you further, I would like to ask what is the make and model of your computer.

As you have tried to update the Display Adapter and are still unable to set screen resolution, I suggest you to install the Display Adapter in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the setup files for the driver from the manufacturer website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system (Windows 7/8/8.1) from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Resolution change problem

Hi Miles,

Booting your computer into safe mode may help resolve the issue. Safe mode will adjust your computer's resolution back to default, thus make your monitor or tv work again. Follow the steps below:

• Power On your PC.
    • Press F8 during the first 10-15 seconds of your computer booting up.
    • Advance Boot Options should load, select Safe Mode.
    • Once in Safe Mode, try adjusting the resolution settings.
    • Restart your computer.
    If the issue still persists after doing the steps, we suggest using another monitor to help resolve the issue.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Help finding and adjusting resolution? - Similar Threads - Help finding adjusting

2. RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.: Hi,I'm using RDP to connect to my own Hyper-V Virtual Machine. and I have 2nd monitor which is bigger 27inch, don't know how to look the resolution. Issue is when I connect to my RDP, the windows display resolution cannot auto adjust according to the monitor size. I was...
  3. RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP windows resolution can't auto-adjust monitor screen resolution.: Hi,I'm using RDP to connect to my own Hyper-V Virtual Machine. and I have 2nd monitor which is bigger 27inch, don't know how to look the resolution. Issue is when I connect to my RDP, the windows display resolution cannot auto adjust according to the monitor size. I was...
  4. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?: A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up one monitor with a VGA connection but the second monitor is the issue. I was able to connect the monitor to the computer...
  5. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?: A little context, I am setting up my coworkers new monitors but their computer only has 1 VGS port 1 DVi Port and a COMPACT port. I was able to set up one monitor with a VGA connection but the second monitor is the issue. I was able to connect the monitor to the computer...
  6. Resolution stuck on low resolution but won't allow me to adjust to a higher resolution. Help?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Resolution Stuck at 1366x786 and Can't adjust brightness.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resolution Stuck at 1366x786 and Can't adjust brightness.: Hi. I have a DELL Inspiron laptop (Windows 10) which I bought 5 months ago and I have been dealing and trying to fix the problem but can't find a solution for it. The problem is that i can't change my Resolution its just grayed out. Also when I move the slider of the...
  8. Help finding and adjusting resolution?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help finding and adjusting resolution?: Hi, I'm using nvidia quadro 4000. My secondary monitor is an Emerson 32" LC320EM2, and I'm having a hard time finding the proper resolution for it. Online searching says its 720p resolution, but neither of the two provided 720p's are right. Another search result says...
  9. Adjust screen resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust screen resolution: My display is too large, and many of the icons live at or over the edge of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-screen-resolution/03dc5485-e00b-4d4b-afd8-30f61a5630d0
  10. Adjust low resolutions to fit screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adjust low resolutions to fit screen: Hi there another possibility is with these types of screens is to use the HARDWARE menu (remote if you have a remote controller) or via a button to get the on screen menu. Look for something like Auto re-size or similar on the picture menu. Do this from the monitor -- not...