Windows 10: Help finding custom lock screen image

Discus and support Help finding custom lock screen image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need help retrieving an image being used as my lock screen. It is a personal photo, and we are unable to locate the original file. What would be the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hk2546, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Hk2546 Win User

Help finding custom lock screen image

I need help retrieving an image being used as my lock screen. It is a personal photo, and we are unable to locate the original file. What would be the file path to find a custom lock screen photo file?

:)

Hk2546, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Compumind Win User

Cannot locate custom Lock Screen images in W10 Pro 1809

Success.

Here is the solution, but it is imperative to proceed carefully.
    There are also a couple of final steps that are missing and I had to think about it.

Retrieve Custom Windows 10 Lock Screen Image - Super User

This must be done as Administrator (True Administrator account) -

You must add "Administrator" to the additional fields not listed to get through the permission issues caused by NTFS.

Edit - I'm posting the missing steps:

Help finding custom lock screen image [​IMG]

There's quite a bit going on here, but the important item to understand is that for each "picture" folder, you need to add yourself as Administrator.
    Just click on "Select a principal" and enter Administrator as the Object Name for each folder you wish to gain access to.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your help, Shawn.

Microsoft should not have any user going through this just to find a picture. It is insanity.

*Eek

Compumind, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Dave1776 Win User
    Windows lock screen background images

Thanks found the photo I was looking for in the list that app got!

Dave1776, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Help finding custom lock screen image

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Josey Wales, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Help finding custom lock screen image

1. Help finding custom lock screen image - Similar Threads - Help finding custom

2. Finding my customer lock screen image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding my customer lock screen image: Some years ago I got an extra wide monitor. I found an image I liked, and made it the background when the system is locked. That was at least a couple of generations of Windows ago. I have thousands upon thousands of jpeg files on the computer. I would like to find the jpeg...
  3. Finding my customer lock screen image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding my customer lock screen image: Some years ago I got an extra wide monitor. I found an image I liked, and made it the background when the system is locked. That was at least a couple of generations of Windows ago. I have thousands upon thousands of jpeg files on the computer. I would like to find the jpeg...
  4. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  5. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen not changing to custom image.: I am attempting to change my lock screen image to one I have saved on my computer, but when I select the image in settings, the preview goes blank and just endlessly has a spinning loading circle, and even restarting my computer multiple times hasn't allowed me to change it....
  6. Lock screen not changing to custom image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Customization Help: I do Operating System Deployments for my company. I've recently been tasked to engineer a solution that is using Kiosk Mode/Assigned Access to guests without Active Directory accounts have a way to log in. Long story short, I need to figure out how to customize the Lock...
  8. need to find a lock screen image!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need to find a lock screen image!: Hi! Windows served up a gorgeous lock screen image - looked like a close up of odd round trees in a jungle with little gouts of water filtered through the leaves. There were birds around also. I have never seen anything like it and it changed the image BEFORE I could click on...
  9. Find and Save Custom Lock Screen Background Images in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find and Save Custom Lock Screen Background Images in Windows 10: How to: Find and Save Custom Lock Screen Background Images in Windows 10 How to Find and Save Custom Lock Screen Background Images in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see at startup and when you lock the computer. Users can select to use Windows...
  10. Used Custom Image for Lock Screen, now I cant find the file....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Used Custom Image for Lock Screen, now I cant find the file....: Hello, So I used a AWESOME custom picture for my lockscreen. I look at it so much, I realized I wanted it as my desktop. Only one problem....I cant find the damn picture! I have no idea where I put it on my computer. Shouldnt windows be maintaining a copy of the file...