Windows 10: HELP - Firefox and Windows 10

Discus and support HELP - Firefox and Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; To me it sounds like the particular sites you are visiting that can cause this unless it happens everywhere, the unwanted pop ups as AB Plus is not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Shlaymeh, May 14, 2016.

1. jds63 Win User

HELP - Firefox and Windows 10

To me it sounds like the particular sites you are visiting that can cause this unless it happens everywhere, the unwanted pop ups as AB Plus is not even helping.

jds63, May 14, 2016
  2. Shlaymeh Win User

Like I said - It happens more on one particular site but still on other sites - but so what? It is a particular phenomenon where I desire to open 1 window and get 12-20. This only began after I installed windows 10. (I dont think my laptap mouse (touchpad) has batteries to check!) Therefore my best guess is that it is a bug reacting between firefox and windows 10.

Shlaymeh, May 15, 2016
  3. Edwin New Member
    Can you post the exact link and location in the link where this is happening?
    I'd like to try to replicate what is happening.

Edwin, May 15, 2016
  4. Shlaymeh Win User

I sent a screen capture of what it looks like. It does NOT happen all the time. It happens on different sites irregularly. I have not noticed this happening on non-Israeli sites. It may be happening due to a "hanging" effect. (And this was in fact a suggestion by another help group) Where I click on the desired link but since it may not react immediately, I may click again once or even twice - but then it opens 12-20 windows - not one or two or three. I think it is significant that this ONLY began after I installed windows 10 from the previous version.

Shlaymeh, May 15, 2016
  5. Shlaymeh Win User
    Here is one of the sites that the combination of Windows 10 and firefox produces the annoying problem of multiple identical unwanted pop-ups:
    http://totalchat.co.il/

When your information is added and you click on "connect" it is to open one advertisement - which you close revealing the chat interface. Sometimes this opens 20 identical adds which need to be closed.

Here is also a screen capture of the main screen: (you can click on "change to English" in case you don't understand Hebrew *Wink)

HELP - Firefox and Windows 10 [​IMG]

Shlaymeh, May 15, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    I use Firefox the page works o.k. for me. Each time i attempted to connect i received a different popup window not tabs and not more then one window each attempt. So mine opened in a new browser windows not tab or multiple tabs.

jds63, May 15, 2016
  7. Shlaymeh Win User
    As I said - it happens on that site quite rarely - perhaps one in 10 times I try to open it.

Shlaymeh, May 15, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

In post #18 you said that site did happen a lot and as Edwin asked to give him one that does so, so he can try to replicate your issue. Which i had tried a bit on that site with only one pop up as you stated. So if it is not that site that much then try giving ones that it does happen more.

As said before sites doing similar issues like this are usually exploit sites and also redirect you to ads (pop ups). I am not saying this is definite for yours but does sound very similar to what i know and sometimes can be unsafe causing possible infection to a PC.

Did you mention other browsers did this or they are fine with these same sites ?

jds63, May 16, 2016
  9. Shlaymeh Win User
    That site does in fact produce the anomaly occasionally as I mentioned and not constantly as I mentioned - I do have issues with unwanted advertising pop-ups but that is not the issue. Also as mentioned, no site produces the anamoly consistently or even often. But when it happens it is extremely anoying. The problem is with multiple up to twenty identical unwanted pop-ups as mentioned. Seeing how difficult it is to identify the problem - I am now setting up Chrome to use instead of firefox and will check if the windows ten affect those sites there too

Shlaymeh, May 16, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    I would try another browser to see if same issue happens as Windows 10 has 2 other browsers Edge and Internet Explorer you can try.
    These issues are most likely due to the sites you are visiting. How are more typical sites you visit, example say Online retailers ? I believe it is not every site you go to online this happens.

I can not speak more on ad blocking as it is a rule here, Rule # 13 Forum Rules - Windows 10 Help Forums

jds63, May 16, 2016
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Rocky, and OP, funny you should mention the mouse and batteries. Sometimes, with wireless mouse, static can trigger the dongle to think you did something you did not. It's happened to me several times. I just clean off the bottom of the mouse with an anti-static cloth and wipe the pad, and it goes away for quite a while. Just a thought, I've seen weirder things!

f14tomcat, May 16, 2016
  12. Shlaymeh Win User
    In order for that to be relevant for my situation (please do read the thread) It would have to be a mouse and not a touch pad - On any OS and not only Windows 10 On any browers and not only firefox On any site and not only the ones I mentioned - All the time and not only occasionally.

BTW - I tried using Chrome for a day and it did NOT happen at all - BUT - I really dislike using Chrome for a bunch of reasons and problems . (I could get used to and solve those differences but I really do not want to have to )

SOOOOOOOOOOO - I am left with the same problem on Firefox and frustratedddddddddddddddddddd.

Shlaymeh, May 17, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

Hi.
    I know how you feel - I am an avid Firefox user, and absolutely hate the thought of switching browsers. I read through the thread and didn't see any mention of starting FF in Safe Mode - have you done that?
    Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

There's also the RESET function (mentioned in the same link).

simrick, May 17, 2016
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    Ok, I have read the thread, again. I am not in the habit of posting without first reading, and I see no mention of a touchpad. I was simply pointing out that static, from whatever source, can be an issue. Touchpad, mouse, joystick, keyboard, anything. I'm sorry you are having such unusual problems with FF on your system, it is very rare, indeed. Hope you find a solution.

f14tomcat, May 17, 2016
  15. simrick Win User
    I agree. And, I seldom use a laptop WITHOUT a mouse, as I cannot stand touchpads. So I think your suggestion was completely relevant.

simrick, May 17, 2016
Thema:

1. HELP - Firefox and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HELP Firefox

2. Firefox Gobbles Up Too Much CPU.. Help!

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Gobbles Up Too Much CPU.. Help!: Hi guys.. firefox gobbles up too much cpu on my win 10 PC. I checked task manager and found many processes of firefox are running at the same time which is weird. Check the screen shot. How do i fix this? 179995
  3. Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox): After an attempt a few months ago, I jumped back to Firefox and then immediately remembered what prevented me from staying before. It is now showing in my context menu under 'Open With...' for PDFs. I use two programs to open PDFs, the secondary also starting with 'F,' so...
  4. Windows 10 opening Adobe Illustraor help search in IE not defailt browser (Firefox)

Windows 10 opening Adobe Illustraor help search in IE not defailt browser (Firefox): Whenever I search in the help box in Adobe Illustrator, the browser that opens is IE - despite my default browser being Firefox. On my Windows 10 machine, if I look in: C > Programme Files (86) > Common Files > Adobe > Help > en_GB > Illustrator > 14.0 I can find the...
  5. While using Photoshop and Firefox, my PC randomly crashes and this is the error. Any help,...

While using Photoshop and Firefox, my PC randomly crashes and this is the error. Any help,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeuxD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrbrcg/while_using_photoshop_and_firefox_my_pc_randomly/
  6. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR Firefox Help please

PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR Firefox Help please: I need to access my universities website but can't because of this error. I have a card reader and try to log into my universities homepage but I cant because of the Error code in the title. I turnt off VPN, checked about:config, checked about:profiless, disabled kaspersky,...
  7. Help Required after windows update 4556799 firefox passwords gone

Help Required after windows update 4556799 firefox passwords gone: Hi all, first time poster so apologies if posting in wrong place. My laptop updated windows recently says kb4556799 failed to install with this error 0xc1900401. KB4552931 was the last successful install. When i restarted the laptop i think i got a Internet explorer page...
  8. Web Camera help? Works on Discord but not Google chrome, firefox etc.

Web Camera help? Works on Discord but not Google chrome, firefox etc.: Anyone else? As soon as I try to go on a site like omegle or chatroulette I an error that says "You have denied access to the devices" etc But I have not, I have not gotten any popups, going into google chrome settings and firefox I have tried having it so they ask or even...
  9. Needing help tinkering with Firefox browser 67.0 (Buttons Issue)

in Browsers and Email
    Needing help tinkering with Firefox browser 67.0 (Buttons Issue): I have just figured out how to move the buttons for my add-ons to underneath the the main buttons area. Which makes my browser look a bit more organized and clean. But I still have problems with the buttons that are inside the main search bar. Like the "Toggle Reader View"...
  10. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome: I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to...