Windows 10: HELP - Firefox and Windows 10

Discus and support HELP - Firefox and Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I agree. And, I seldom use a laptop WITHOUT a mouse, as I cannot stand touchpads. So I think your suggestion was completely relevant. I actually... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Shlaymeh, May 14, 2016.

1. Rocky Win User

HELP - Firefox and Windows 10

I actually only use a laptop with a mouse. I thought that a lot of people my age did that.

Rocky, May 17, 2016
  2. Berton Win User

My wife and I use mice with our Notebooks, actually shop for those that have a switch or key combination used to turn the touchpad off. It's mostly about the sensitivity of the touchpad and out thumbs creating actions either unseen or inappropriate causing re-dos/lost productivity. I use a few Bluetooth mice on my Notebooks with the adapter, quite convenient for those with only one or two USB ports.

Berton, May 17, 2016
  3. jds63 Win User
    Now since we know it is not all browsers with this issue as i asked the thread starter to try other browsers since it was never mentioned they did try others. This then should eliminate the fact of it being the touchpad or mouse issue unless due to an add-on from a touchpad software in Firefox. Simrick mentioned a good point i would of then mentioned once i knew it was only Firefox doing this.
    Although i still feel may be something with these certain sites unless all sites do this.

jds63, May 18, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

I am thinking, it may have something to do with the way FF is set up, the add-ons being used, and coupled with the way these certain web sites are coded.

simrick, May 18, 2016
  5. Shlaymeh Win User
    Dear All

Well I just now tried Simrik's suggestion of using Firefox in Safe mode - and it took all of about 2 tries to produce the unwanted effect of opening 18 unwanted identical pop-up windows. Btw - I did notice something. The effect IS produced by clicking more than once. But not more than 3 clicks AND - I can close all those windows by clicking the [x] on the those 18 windows but just click the entire stack of 18 windows two times. 18 windows closed by clicking twice.
    So safe mode = same effect on those 3 sites ONLY on fire fox and only since windows 10

Now what? I REALLY cannot stand chrome

Shlaymeh, May 18, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Have you tried refreshing Firefox as well as deleting the preference files?

simrick, May 18, 2016
  7. Shlaymeh Win User
    Yeah so, sorry to report, that after refreshing, a few other past issues were in fact solved. BUT the annoying anomaly was not and it was reproduced fairly quickly.

Ho Hum

Shlaymeh, May 19, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Sorry to hear this. I'm afraid I am out of ideas. Perhaps FF Forums may be able to find a solution for you?

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HELP - Firefox and Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HELP Firefox

2. Firefox Gobbles Up Too Much CPU.. Help!

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Gobbles Up Too Much CPU.. Help!: Hi guys.. firefox gobbles up too much cpu on my win 10 PC. I checked task manager and found many processes of firefox are running at the same time which is weird. Check the screen shot. How do i fix this? 179995
  3. Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help removing 'Open With...' context menu item (Specifically, Firefox): After an attempt a few months ago, I jumped back to Firefox and then immediately remembered what prevented me from staying before. It is now showing in my context menu under 'Open With...' for PDFs. I use two programs to open PDFs, the secondary also starting with 'F,' so...
  4. Windows 10 opening Adobe Illustraor help search in IE not defailt browser (Firefox)

Windows 10 opening Adobe Illustraor help search in IE not defailt browser (Firefox): Whenever I search in the help box in Adobe Illustrator, the browser that opens is IE - despite my default browser being Firefox. On my Windows 10 machine, if I look in: C > Programme Files (86) > Common Files > Adobe > Help > en_GB > Illustrator > 14.0 I can find the...
  5. While using Photoshop and Firefox, my PC randomly crashes and this is the error. Any help,...

While using Photoshop and Firefox, my PC randomly crashes and this is the error. Any help,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeuxD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrbrcg/while_using_photoshop_and_firefox_my_pc_randomly/
  6. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR Firefox Help please

PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR Firefox Help please: I need to access my universities website but can't because of this error. I have a card reader and try to log into my universities homepage but I cant because of the Error code in the title. I turnt off VPN, checked about:config, checked about:profiless, disabled kaspersky,...
  7. Help Required after windows update 4556799 firefox passwords gone

Help Required after windows update 4556799 firefox passwords gone: Hi all, first time poster so apologies if posting in wrong place. My laptop updated windows recently says kb4556799 failed to install with this error 0xc1900401. KB4552931 was the last successful install. When i restarted the laptop i think i got a Internet explorer page...
  8. Web Camera help? Works on Discord but not Google chrome, firefox etc.

Web Camera help? Works on Discord but not Google chrome, firefox etc.: Anyone else? As soon as I try to go on a site like omegle or chatroulette I an error that says "You have denied access to the devices" etc But I have not, I have not gotten any popups, going into google chrome settings and firefox I have tried having it so they ask or even...
  9. Needing help tinkering with Firefox browser 67.0 (Buttons Issue)

in Browsers and Email
    Needing help tinkering with Firefox browser 67.0 (Buttons Issue): I have just figured out how to move the buttons for my add-ons to underneath the the main buttons area. Which makes my browser look a bit more organized and clean. But I still have problems with the buttons that are inside the main search bar. Like the "Toggle Reader View"...
  10. Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help Microsoft has hijacked Firefox and Chrome: I am on windows 10 PRO (that I paid for no less) version 1709 (Build 16299.726), the last update to my machine was KB4090007. Now no matter what I do Chrome and Firefox ( even I.E and Edge) open to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. I have set the start page in all browsers to...