Windows 10: Help fixing a crash with .dmp analysis

Discus and support Help fixing a crash with .dmp analysis in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone! So I have an issue with my computer right now, where there is a file folder that I can not delete, because trying to delete it causes my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kitty259, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Kitty259 Win User

Help fixing a crash with .dmp analysis

Hey everyone! So I have an issue with my computer right now, where there is a file folder that I can not delete, because trying to delete it causes my pc to crash. I get the BSOD with:

Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

What failed: cldflt.sys

This was probably accidentally caused when my file explorer completely stopped responding while I was trying to move files and nothing I could do would stop the task. It was starting to run my CPU usage way up and I wanted to preserve my hardware, so I had no choice but to turn off the computer. I waited for like 30 minutes for it to do something, and it just wouldn't. The rest of windows was still responding, just not the moving files exception, since it couldn't find the files for some reason. Unfortunately, I believe this is what caused the system to start crashing while trying to delete this 'phantom folder.' Which says it doesn't take up any disk space, however still exists on my desktop and I can't get rid of it.

Quick note: This isn't happening while moving, deleting, or modifying any other files within my OneDrive, just this one. I already deleted the folder from my OneDrive online, yet the folder is still on my desktop, and when trying to delete it before it crashes says it is an online only folder. Also after a few crashes, it now won't even open that pop-up and just crashes when trying to click delete.

So, my troubleshooting thus far has been:

1. System Restore- I couldn't because this computer is new and I hadn't set up auto backup images yet...
    2. Windows update- I figured this would work, I hadn't installed the new version of Windows 20H2 Update yet, so I did and this is still happening.
    3. I'm scared I'm going to mess something up by trying to replace the cldflt.sys file, as instructed by this post.

4. I used WinDbg Preview to open the dump file, to ask others that are more experienced with this than me what could be causing the crashes.

And here is what the analysis found:

[COLOR=rgba30, 30, 30, 1]SYMBOL_NAME: cldflt!HsmpSetupContexts+130dMODULE_NAME: [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 0, 255, 1]cldflt[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba30, 30, 30, 1]IMAGE_NAME: cldflt.sysIMAGE_VERSION: 10.0.19041.870STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff402da1460f0 ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 130dFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x3B_c0000005_cldflt!HsmpSetupContextsOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows 10FAILURE_ID_HASH: {40558969-97b2-f05e-1690-358c4aa37600}[/COLOR]

If anyone can tell me what this means and how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated. I really want to fix it, since it is quite annoying and I don't want it to lead to any other system failures. As far as I know, nothing else is crashing the system except attempting to delete that folder. Thank you to anyone who replies!

:)

Kitty259, Apr 8, 2021
  2. JakeEvns Win User

Looking for dmp analysis.

Hi Guys

Continuing to have problems with bsods, they are becoming far more frequent as well. I uploaded some dmp files last week, analysis showed that it was a particular driver causing the issue which has since been uninstalled. However I have crashed three times
    so far this day - irql not less or equal and a critical process failed. I have uploaded three recent dmp files to dropbox, if anyone could give them a read over I would be really appreciative.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As24OLUp51C_gsoa3n4GH2xB563l8g?e=3UzXLR

Jake

JakeEvns, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Auztin Win User
    Need Helping Fixing BSODs/Crashes

So I went ahead and did everything you suggested and still had a crash exactly like before after removing the GPU and using the onboard graphics. Not sure if this matters, but I wasn't able to get a signal using my Displayport cable with the onboard graphics so I had to grab an HDMI and then it worked just fine, but the crash still occured.

Also idk if you saw this in the original post but it may be helpful, if I run something like Netflix in the background the PC won't crash, only seems to happen while under extremely low load.

This is the crash dump for the most recent crash while using the onboard graphics:
    Dropbox - 092319-11546-01.dmp - Simplify your life

Auztin, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Help fixing a crash with .dmp analysis

ABDELLAHISMAIL, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Help fixing a crash with .dmp analysis

1. Help fixing a crash with .dmp analysis - Similar Threads - Help fixing crash

2. BSOD - help with crash analysis - Code 1000015e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - help with crash analysis - Code 1000015e: PC has been experiencing random crashes mostly it freezes and I have to reboot but sometimes it goes to BSODThis morning it happened and it did some kind of bug check? it said there was a crash dump file and wondered if somebody could assist in figuring out the issue....
  3. BSOD - help with crash analysis - Code 1000015e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - help with crash analysis - Code 1000015e: PC has been experiencing random crashes mostly it freezes and I have to reboot but sometimes it goes to BSODThis morning it happened and it did some kind of bug check? it said there was a crash dump file and wondered if somebody could assist in figuring out the issue....
  4. IRQL_not_less_or_equal dmp analysis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL_not_less_or_equal dmp analysis: Hello, here are all the minidump files that I've retrieved from the past week on the frequent BSODs my PC has been experiencing. Would appreciate any analysis/solution on these problems. Thanks!https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fbkv5pt5q8tlvvz/AACxCmNIkSnFnamst6AWKtc_a?dl=0...
  5. BSOD dmp. file analysis

BSOD dmp. file analysis: Hello world, I've had overwhelming number of bsods in the last year. But today it has cost me time and money, so I decided to ask you, tech saavys, to help me analyse the dmp file from the BSOD. Thank you for help Here it is: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  6. DMP file analysis

DMP file analysis: Hey, I have been getting BSOD with the error code video memory management. Could you please help me analyze the dmp files and tell me what is wrong? https://1drv.ms/u/s!At-WwvuKYLHrpFfT3__1b47fSHZ-?e=qBk8en Thank you!...
  7. BSOD issues - Looking for help and DMP analysis

BSOD issues - Looking for help and DMP analysis: Issues usually occur after playing video games, any of them, for a few hours, immediately restarting the PC and the game after BSOD typically results in another BSOD, but waiting a while, such as overnight, tends to allow me to play for an hour or two again before BSOD occurs...
  8. Looking for dmp analysis.

Looking for dmp analysis.: Hi Guys Continuing to have problems with bsods, they are becoming far more frequent as well. I uploaded some dmp files last week, analysis showed that it was a particular driver causing the issue which has since been uninstalled. However I have crashed three times so far...
  9. Crash analysis

Crash analysis: Could anyone help me with the following? My pc has been crashing a lot. Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com) Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See http://www.osronline.com for more information Windows 8 Kernel Version 17134...
  10. Need help with BSOD / Crash Dump analysis

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with BSOD / Crash Dump analysis: Hello, I get intermittent (lately 1 or 2 times per week) BSODs on my windows 10 desktop. I need someone to analyze the DMP files for me so I can narrow down the driver and hopefully solve the problem. I just performed the driver verifier procedure (as directed here) and...