Windows 10: Help Fixing File Libraries

Discus and support Help Fixing File Libraries in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently installed a new hard drive to my laptop, in addition to the small ssd I had been using. I backed up all my files, and started moving my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/potato_rocket_05, May 23, 2020.

1. Help Fixing File Libraries

So I recently installed a new hard drive to my laptop, in addition to the small ssd I had been using. I backed up all my files, and started moving my files to the E: drive. During this process, I also uninstalled onedrive, because I dont want it. I successfully relocated all my files, but some problems arose. The library shortcuts all worked, except for documents and pictures, which pointed to folders in the onedrive folder, still in my C: drive. When I tried to delete the onedrive folder, it would reappear soon after. While it was deleted, the shortcuts for pictures and documents would give an error when you tried to open them. I went into their properties, and tried to point them to the new folder location, but it wouldn't let me. How can I get it to work correctly? How do I let windows know that no, I dont want all my pictures and documents in onedrive! Also, windows created some weird system files folder (which is empty) in the E: drive which I can't delete. Why is this? Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/potato_rocket_05
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/potato_rocket_05, May 23, 2020

2. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, May 23, 2020
  3. File Explorer Libraries resetting on Wondows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that help.

Method 1: Restore Default Libraries.

Let’s first check if this happens only when you navigate through the Library directory. If yes, then this might be due to the corrupted or damaged library files or settings. So, let’s, first delete the Library folders from
    the windows explorer and then we can restore the default libraries and check if that works. You may follow these steps:

• Open the “File Explorer” from the desktop interface by clicking on its icon on the taskbar.
    • Right click on the Library items and click on “Delete”.
    Note: Deleting a library does not delete the contents of the included folders. However, you may need to re-add or include your folders manually, if needed.

3. Right click on the Library icon in the Navigation pane of the window.

4. Click on “Restore default libraries”.

5. This recreates the library that you just deleted.

6. Now try to attach/upload the files from the Library directories and check if the issue still persists.

If the issue persists, then let’s run an
    SFC Scan to check if this is caused by any corrupted or damaged protected system files.

Method 2: SFC Scan

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

• At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press

• sfc /scannow
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the scan.

Important: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 23, 2020
  4. Help Fixing File Libraries

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Help Fixing File Libraries

1. Help Fixing File Libraries - Similar Threads - Help Fixing File

2. Fix Outlook Library Not Registered error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Outlook Library Not Registered error: [IMG]This post features solutions to fix Outlook Library Not Registered Script Error. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office Suite and offers features like sending and receiving emails and scheduling and communicating about appointments and meetings. What does Library not...
  3. Help with finding or fixing minidump files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with finding or fixing minidump files: Hi,I have been experiencing BSOD errors and have the settings to automatically get a minidump file after every error and earlier I was putting together the minidumps I had before my new ones and copy and pasted them into OneDrive to share them for my other question. I have...
  4. Help With OneDrive and File Libraries

Help With OneDrive and File Libraries: So I recently installed a new hard drive to my laptop, in addition to the small ssd I had been using. I backed up all my files, and started moving my files to the E: drive. During this process, I also uninstalled onedrive, because I dont want it. I successfully relocated all...
  5. Little help with fixing file pathfinding?

Little help with fixing file pathfinding?: After deleting OneDrive off my computer the pathways it override are still there and it's not allowing me to restore to the default location due to an error saying "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is...
  6. REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER

REMOVING LIBRARIES IN FILE EXPLORER: Could someone please tell me how to edit the appearance of my file explorer to only show what I want it to show in the Navigation Pane? [ATTACH] I want to remove the Music / Video / Pictures / 3D Objects so that it quits cluttering up my view. I DO NOT want to have to use...
  7. Windows 10 Libraries - HELP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Libraries - HELP!: Hi, I am having lots of trouble understanding libraries and want to remove them if at all possible. I want my files and folders to be located in the target locations only without any virtual locations showing, like it was before Windows 7. I have neurological problems and...
  8. Questionable Files in Download Libraries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Questionable Files in Download Libraries: Greetings, Im running Windows 10 and after deleting Microsoft Flight-X and scenery add-on files, I was looking for any remaining that might have been hidden. In 'Libraries/Documents/Downloads' folder I found another Folder labeled 'Download App'. Inside this folder are...
  9. Need help fixing system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help fixing system files: Hoping someone can help me. My ASUS laptop with Windows 10 Home will not update to the Anniversary Update ver. 1607. I tried running the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) but received an error message saying SFC could not fix the...
  10. Help all my libraries files LOST- Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Help all my libraries files LOST- Win 10 update: I recently updated my win 8.1 laptop to win 10. Then for the first few times that I used this computer I noticed that my files were hidden in the windows.old folder. So I copied them to their respective libraries and moved on. Then earlier this morning I turned on my...