Windows 10: Help fixing the aftermath of another design changing update?

Discus and support Help fixing the aftermath of another design changing update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; HI I just updated to 18362.836 (so I could install PSO2 lol) and I see they've changed the windows key index function and the layout of the downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wooomy100, May 27, 2020.

1. Help fixing the aftermath of another design changing update?

HI I just updated to 18362.836 (so I could install PSO2 lol) and I see they've changed the windows key index function and the layout of the downloads page in file explorer. I hate both of these completely unnecessary and bizzare changes. The index window now is disconnected from the left corner of the screen and bugs me to no end. and all my important files are in downloads and I liked the way that they were arranged. Is there any way to fix these changes? please help Help fixing the aftermath of another design changing update? :)

submitted by /u/Wooomy100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wooomy100, May 27, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

i update bios then black screen ???? pls help me 980ti

@smoka Great you fixed it and would be interesting to know how you did it. Care to list the basic steps you took to do it so that it can help others stuck in the same situation?

qubit, May 27, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, May 27, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Help fixing the aftermath of another design changing update?

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Help fixing the aftermath of another design changing update?

1. Help fixing the aftermath of another design changing update? - Similar Threads - Help fixing aftermath

2. Another Windows Update Error Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another Windows Update Error Fix: This is the Error Description in Even Viewer:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200B: 2023-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001716....
  3. Another Windows Update Error Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Another Windows Update Error Fix: This is the Error Description in Even Viewer:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200B: 2023-10 Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001716....
  4. Windows update aftermath problem

Windows update aftermath problem: Hello, I am having problems with my Toshiba TECRA laptop Model Number: PT525A-02L03Q I recently did a Windows update where I had to restart my laptop in order to complete the update and after the update had finished, I tried to start up my laptop and once, after the Toshiba...
  5. Virus aftermath

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus aftermath: So my laptop got a trojan and after a few months of hiding it i got it fixed by a technician I know. After the virus removal i got my laptop and got straight to setting it up again, i noticed it's a little slow than it was when i first got it. Anything that i can do?...
  6. Laplink PCmover - Aftermath

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laplink PCmover - Aftermath: I recently purchased a Dell desktop XPS. Upon receipt everything was fine as far staring the new computer, etc. So I decided to use the laplink PCmover Pro program that was offered by Dell. I initiated the process, doing all the preliminary things that PCmover suggested,...
  7. Aftermath of latest windows update

Aftermath of latest windows update: After latest windows update, realtek soundcard driver has disappeared. System restore to pre-update position also not happening. While doing restore, it is going on even for 10 hours without getting completed. No solution is working...
  8. The aftermath of a complete reset

The aftermath of a complete reset: Hey all, I have a 2.5 year old HP and it began doing crazy stuff shutting off multiple times and then the blue screen of death. I was able to get to the point where I did a full reset while saving all my pics, videos....etc. Afterwards the full reinstall went well and the...
  9. Idle buddy aftermath

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Idle buddy aftermath: I just uninstalled a trojan on my computer called IdleBuddy using an anti-virus called malware bytes. Now, I have a few questions: Is there some sort of aftermath to the virus? Did malwaresbytes truly uninstall it? Could any of my info have gotten leaked in the time that...
  10. Recent Update to Windows version 1809, the aftermath !

Recent Update to Windows version 1809, the aftermath !: I updated my laptop two days ago to the latest version of Windows 10. Since then I have major problems with browsers like Opera and Google, those browsers do not work like they did before but Microsoft Edge is working fine. The reason I wanted to use the Opera browser is...