Windows 10: Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install

Discus and support Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to fresh install my Pop OS alongside windows so burned an iso and checked to format my old pop os installation. I accidentally checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bprayush, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install

I wanted to fresh install my Pop OS alongside windows so burned an iso and checked to format my old pop os installation. I accidentally checked the format EFI partition too. Now I am unable to boot to windows. Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/bprayush
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bprayush, Oct 25, 2020

2. Formatted EFI partition

Hello,

I have tried to dual boot my pc and it worked.But by mistake I formatted my EFI partition and so I can only boot into android marshmallow please help so that I can use my Windows 10 too.

Omkesh Dwivedi, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    Formating Efi system partition as FAT32

During an install you can remove all the critical partitions, of which the EFI System partition is one. You do not have to pre-format a drive during an install. Just remove the Critical partitions ( MSR, EFI, Recovery and OS)and leave unallocated space.
    The install will take care of the rest.

You can delete the partition and use the Diskpart create partition EFI command with qualifiers, if necessary. If you have already created the partition, try using Diskpart from a command prompt (Shift+F10 during the install) and format.

If you need to convert a drive from MBR to GPT or vice versa, you need to remove ALL partitions.

Saltgrass, Oct 25, 2020
  4. AneekHait Win User

Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install

Reinstalling Windows: Windows detected that the EFI system partition was formatted as NTFS. Format the EFI system partition as FAT32, and restart the installation.

Just format the system partition and you will be good to go!!

AneekHait, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install

1. Help: Formatted EFI partition on dual OS install - Similar Threads - Help Formatted EFI

2. Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...: Hey everyone! I accidentally formatted my EFI partition and I need help restoring the windows boot manager. I'm currently dual booting arch & windows using systemd-boot I've followed this guide...
  3. Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally formatted EFI partition. Windows can't find disks in DISKPART, running dual...: Hey everyone! I accidentally formatted my EFI partition and I need help restoring the windows boot manager. I'm currently dual booting arch & windows using systemd-boot I've followed this guide...
  4. I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS: So, as you can see I accidentally format the EFI partition and now my laptop Asus-X441UV is "OS-less". Thankfully I still can access the data via boot menu Linux Mint haven't download for Windows one. What should I do? Thanks and sorry for my carelessness...
  5. Elementary OS Dual Boot EFI?

Elementary OS Dual Boot EFI?: I'm desperate right now. I have the following hard drives: 120 GB SSD (Windows 10 EFI) 1TB SSD (500GB games) Now I want to install Elementary on the other half of the 1TB SSD to get a dual boot system which I use over EFI boats. Which partitions do I need and...
  6. Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...

Windows detected that the efi system partition was formatted as ntfs. Format the efi system...: I am getting this error trying to install latest version of windows in a uefi bootable USB. I used Rufus to create the USB in ntfs format. I have formatted my OS and I don't want to lose any more data. What can I do?...
  7. Help with EFI partition recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with EFI partition recovery: I was using a disk clone program and for some reason it wiped out the EFI partition on both the source and the target, the machine cannot boot. I downloaded the ISO image, put it on a flash drive, configured BIOS to look at flash and it does not boot off of it. Any other...
  8. Help with EFI partition recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with EFI partition recovery: I was using a disk clone program and for some reason it wiped out the EFI partition on both the source and the target, the machine cannot boot. I downloaded the ISO image, put it on a flash drive, configured BIOS to look at flash and it does not boot off of it. Any other...
  9. Dual OS Installation Help Required

Dual OS Installation Help Required: Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I use my 2 laptops for djing and I want to be able to set up 2 instances of Windows 10 on one of the laptops so I can set it up with different software versions for testing. Therefore I'd like to create 2 partitions (i...
  10. Dual OS with one EFI

Dual OS with one EFI: I have two operating system running, windows 10 pro and home. I have the windows 10 pro on ssd and windows 10 home on hdd. The problem is that the EFI is on the hhd. I clonned the windows 10 home from ssd to hdd. Then installed the windows 10 pro on ssd. How can i move the...