Windows 10: HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE

Discus and support HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A couple years ago, around the turn into 2016, I built a gaming pc and purchased windows 10 on disc for it. Installing it then was a breeze and had 0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrclancey1999, Dec 11, 2019.

1. HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE

A couple years ago, around the turn into 2016, I built a gaming pc and purchased windows 10 on disc for it. Installing it then was a breeze and had 0 issues. Recently I decided to go ahead and build a newer up to date rig, especially with the release of RDR2 on PC, had to get into that head first. So I decided to still use the two drives from my last rig right now (SSD AND HDD) until Boxing Day sales. Once booting up the disc and starting the process, I formatted the two drives and deleted all partitions off them. Just including that part of my process in case it may have anything to do with my issue.

After the copy and installation onto my SSD, the next step is checking for updates, and then installing said update(s). I’ve tried installing twice now- both times it basically skips right through the update section of the installation process. Once set up/install is complete and I choose all my options, windows 10 is installed and stable.. but it’s running ver 1511! When I open Windows Update Settings I keep getting this message “There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80240fff)”

This is going on two days now. I’m exhausted from researching and attempting every possible solution without and results. Nothing seems to work. I’m sure I’ve tried nearly everything at this point.

Any ideas?

This is a completely authentic, licensed/activated version of windows 10

submitted by /u/mrclancey1999
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrclancey1999, Dec 11, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 11, 2019
  4. more123 Win User

HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE

1. HELP!! Fresh install of Windows 10 (1511 disc) and WILL NOT UPDATE - Similar Threads - HELP Fresh install

2. Windows 10 fresh install bsod help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install bsod help: Well I kept getting failed windows update and tried multiple avenues to fix that and couldn’t. figured I would do a fresh install today to fix it. That’s where I messed up lol. I select my partition and the initial install goes well. On boot it starts installing devices and...
  3. Help with fresh windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with fresh windows 10 install: As you can see in my fresh install of windows 10, My display is showing 2 graphics cards. I am not sure if my pc is using the GeForce card. Shouldn't it only be having the GeForce on here? I tried to disable to Intel HD Graphics card, but then my display looks like ****...
  4. Fresh install needed but no OEM disc

Fresh install needed but no OEM disc: Win 10 Home Ver 1903 Build 18362.778 No disc because this Dell didn't come with one. This has been my main desktop since Dec 2013. The OS has developed strange system problems* that I'm afraid might transfer over to an upgrade. Today's question is: I'd rather do a clean...
  5. (HELP)Windows update error after fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (HELP)Windows update error after fresh install: Error code 0x80240fff. I just did a complete fresh install of windows 10. Connected to internet and even tried installing some drivers from my motherboard /gpu cds. Still no luck. Wondering if anyone has a possible fix for this. Also even used the built in windows...
  6. fresh install help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fresh install help: okay, so I've been having some strange issues with lots of things, specifically in multiple games, and specifically R6S having mouse input lag. I think I just need a fresh install. I have a HDD and an SSD both 1TB and the HDD currently just has a backup on it, so could I...
  7. Windows 10 Doesn't update to 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Doesn't update to 1511: I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 recently. After noticing i can't download the new Forza 6 Apex, i found out that my Windows 10 is some old version. (Compliation 10240) Until there was ok, "oh i just need to update it". But here comes the problem : My Windows 10 DOES...
  8. windows 10 1511 update need help!!

windows 10 1511 update need help!!: trying to upgrade my windows 10 via windows update,it has failed many times now iam thinking of using the other ways to upgrade soIf I was to use media creation tool or iso clean install method would I need my activation key? This is because my computer came with windows 8.1...
  9. Windows 10 Nov update to 1511

Windows 10 Nov update to 1511: How can I stop windows update to version 1511 installing in Windows 10 Home? *Redface 33231
  10. Using 1511 for fresh install and image

Using 1511 for fresh install and image: On 18th October I posted about using a windows 10 image to upgrade several machines and was advised that it was not possible. I have just downloaded from Tech Bench (link on this forum) and the file is called Win10_1511_English_x64. I thought Microsoft withdrew this...