Windows 10: [HELP] Full image restore

Discus and support [HELP] Full image restore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I had my C drive corrupted after an insider update, but got it restored and reinstalled windows. Prior to this, I had done a complete backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kittymatthew, Jun 5, 2020.

1. [HELP] Full image restore

Hello,

I had my C drive corrupted after an insider update, but got it restored and reinstalled windows.

Prior to this, I had done a complete backup of my C: drive using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore tool, on an external drive.

Using this tool on my reinstalled windows, it’s only able to restore some files, such as my desktop folder. When I try to restore my program files, windows, or any other folder, it gives me an error, saying that some files were not restored.

As far as I understand, this is because I can’t do a hot swap of the contents of the C: drive.

My question is: how can I completely restore my C: drive, with the contents of the backup?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/kittymatthew
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kittymatthew, Jun 5, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

[HELP] Full image restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 5, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

[HELP] Full image restore

restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you trying to restore the system image or create a system image?
    • Are you able to see the external drive in File Explorer?
    • Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you are following to initiate a system image restore?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the articles on
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10
    and

How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device
    created by Andre Da Costa.

Please reply with the detailed information, to help you in a better way.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

[HELP] Full image restore

1. [HELP] Full image restore - Similar Threads - HELP Full image

2. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore from a full image backup.: My aunt left me 12 discs with her computers backup on it including one system repair disc. She recently passed away and left me with no knowledge of how to access the contents of the discs. All I know is it was made with windows 10 and I have windows 10 but other than that I...
  3. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore from a full image backup.: My aunt left me 12 discs with her computers backup on it including one system repair disc. She recently passed away and left me with no knowledge of how to access the contents of the discs. All I know is it was made with windows 10 and I have windows 10 but other than that I...
  4. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Full mirror image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full mirror image: Hey everybody I was wondering that is it possiable to backup a mirror image of my pc in a external drive...which includes everything from my settings, apps, programs, start menu settings, my os etc. If there is a short guide would be awesome...thanks in advance submitted by...
  6. [help] Restoring a system image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Restoring a system image: I tried looking on the internet for an answer, but didn't find any. Can I restore a PC running windows 10 pro using a system image that was created from windows 10 home? submitted by /u/stabberofficial [link] [comments]...
  7. macrium reflect full image restore at 5 minutes: is that possible?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    macrium reflect full image restore at 5 minutes: is that possible?: I've done a restore action (copy selected parts) of a full image (the word full is indicated on the WINPE reflect screen near the image) from an external portable harddisk to an ssd on my laptop. The image is created with reflect 7.1; the restore is done with reflect 7.2 ....
  8. Help "Creating a Full Backup Image"

Help "Creating a Full Backup Image": From the tutorial, I installed the Macrium Reflect (free edition), created and tested the rescue media. For part 3, I'm using new Scandisk brand 64gb USB 3.0. Should this be checked or "formatted" a certain way before I get started? 116475
  9. Help "Creating a Full Backup Image"

in Windows 10 Support
    Help "Creating a Full Backup Image": From the tutorial, I installed the Macrium Reflect (free edition), created and tested the rescue media. For part 3, I'm using new Scandisk brand 64gb USB 3.0. Should this be checked or "formatted" a certain way before I get started? 116475
  10. Backup/Restore Procedures; Full[entire]Drive Imaging

Backup/Restore Procedures; Full[entire]Drive Imaging: Backup/Restore Procedures (as done by ) Have been paying closer attention to my external USB HDs, I am much more aware that rather than ATI (Acronis) or Macrium failure -- it has been several times an explorer.exe not communing with respective external HD failure. It...