Windows 10: [Help] Game related problems

Discus and support [Help] Game related problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just a few days ago, I did a reset on my laptop (Reinstallation of windows) to clear up space and fix a resolution issue I had. After the reset, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EricJ.V, Apr 17, 2019.

1. EricJ.V Win User

[Help] Game related problems

Just a few days ago, I did a reset on my laptop (Reinstallation of windows) to clear up space and fix a resolution issue I had. After the reset, I continued on redownloading my games, applications, etc. But when I played my games, I realized something, my games would have some sort of input lag issue wherein if I tap a movement key, it thinks Im holding it or sometimes it doesnt even think I pressed it. Then after a minute or two, it goes back to normal, then it comes back (the input lag issue).

I assume its not a keyboard problem because, when I unplugged my keyboard and tried to use the laptop keyboard, it had the same issues.

Running the games as administrator seems to have "fixed" the problem but some of the games I play dont allow them running on administrator so they crash.

So, I then assumed its a problem with either my laptop or my windows because, before I did the reset, I didnt have these problems (even though it seems that my performance on the games slightly increased after the reset)

I kindly ask for any help available from anyone who has solutions.

:)

EricJ.V, Apr 17, 2019

2. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Problem with Windows 10 taskbar and Full Screen games

Hello Richard,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 17, 2019
  4. [Help] Game related problems

Problem with games on Win 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

[Help] Game related problems

1. [Help] Game related problems - Similar Threads - Help Game related

2. Game bar related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar related: Can anybody tell me why game bar recording feature not working and showing gaming feature are not available for windows and file explorer. But it is working in any app. Does game bar screen recording not work in normal screen....
  3. Game bar related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar related: Can anybody tell me why game bar recording feature not working and showing gaming feature are not available for windows and file explorer. But it is working in any app. Does game bar screen recording not work in normal screen....
  4. Daily BSOD problem in a relatively new computer - help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily BSOD problem in a relatively new computer - help: I have tried several tests and system repairs with no luck. No idea where the problem is. Can someone help locate the cause of problem?Windows problem reporting gives...
  5. Daily BSOD problem in a relatively new computer - help

Daily BSOD problem in a relatively new computer - help: I have tried several tests and system repairs with no luck. No idea where the problem is. Can someone help locate the cause of problem?Windows problem reporting gives...
  6. Game related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game related: Can you tell me why only game shortcuts support in Windows desktop option but when I try to drag the game exe and copy them in desktop they are not working they are saying something missing but when I start the exe in the game file starts automatically could this happen...
  7. Game related

Game related: Can you tell me why only game shortcuts support in Windows desktop option but when I try to drag the game exe and copy them in desktop they are not working they are saying something missing but when I start the exe in the game file starts automatically could this happen...
  8. Windows related help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows related help: Hello i need help related my installation windows i have celeron 1005m processor and 4gb of ram Acer intel Laptop with intel hd graphica just am using windows 10 pro 64 bit but it runs low on pc my pc is based on 64x processors tho but still its running slow even chrome takes...
  9. Problem deleting games. ( HELP )

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem deleting games. ( HELP ): I was on windows support for like 2 hours straight, nice people but could not help me. Every time I delete a game 11gb size it stays there. I tried many troubleshooting but nothing worked. Tried: Deleting from Xbox app beta Applications settings Tree size: marks error...
  10. Help related to partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help related to partitions: I have windows 10 2004 installed on my laptop 500GB hdd. There are two partitions present except C: ; first is 100MB EFI System and other is 506 MB Recovery Partition. My question is it safe to delete the Recovery Partition without affecting the OS? submitted by...