Windows 10: Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10

Discus and support Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I have downloaded a game from gog.com licenced etc. It installed fine but each time I try to open it then launch the game I get the following system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by stuartgeddes, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10

Hi I have downloaded a game from gog.com licenced etc. It installed fine but each time I try to open it then launch the game I get the following system error message "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". I have no idea what to do and being windows 10 I have concerns of returning to directx 9 and don't even know if that's safe. please help

:)

stuartgeddes, Jul 20, 2019
  2. VishalH Win User

Compatibility for Direct X 9 games

I use Windows 10 which has Direct X version 12.

Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10 3f40c9de-7245-4492-9cc7-eef69fe2014f.png

I have a pretty old game that requires Direct X 9 or higher. But when I open it say it requires "Direct X 9 or higher, though I have Direct X 12(The game is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas). Where Am I going wrong?

Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10 55d72a4d-e478-4bb3-9da2-b9cc2e27666f.png

VishalH, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Direct X 12 is installed but not supporting games which require Direct X 9

I just got this new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series, with Windows 10. I've attempted to play, to be specific, Rome Total War, off of Steam. When I attempt to play it, the screen flashes black, eventually telling me that the game requires Direct X 9 to work,
    and that I don't have it. Meanwhile my System Information tells me I have Direct X 12 already installed, which supposedly supports all previous Direct X iterations. I have tried numerous times to download the End-user runtimes, each time being told the download
    failed. So what am I doing wrong here?

PatrickLiamHealy, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10

Direct x 9

win 10 comes with direct x 12, trying to get mine craft story for my son and it requires dx 11 and recommends dx 9. how do i install direct x 9?

Richard Sprague (rsprag06), Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10

1. Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help Game requiring

2. direct x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    direct x: recently i downloaded a game and it reqired dirext x so i decided to download it. whenever i did so it gave me an error and told me to check the logs, i did and it gave me this error; Error: (0x80070005) please help...
  3. DIRECT X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIRECT X: Hi can I have both direct x 9 and 12 on my computer as an old game needs direct x 9 to run. do the direct x updates override the last installed one? please help and thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-x/ca075e55-41f1-4c14-9847-5e6102c4e834
  4. Direct x error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Direct x error: Hello guys, few days ago my laptop faced serious problem about storage and I decided to restore it. After I have restored it while running games such as Rainbow six which I used to play on the same system it gives me an error about failing to create dx11 folder or your...
  5. Direct X problem on Window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Direct X problem on Window 10: I have some directx problem on my fairly new computer. Im using Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 10.0.17134 Build 17134 64 bit and my Graphic card is NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080Ti I have this directX problem haunting me for very long, it's driving me crazy. Alot...
  6. Installing Direct X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Direct X: There is an error about a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please how can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-direct-x/1fac9b0f-866b-4e3a-b8b0-85babeb9472f
  7. Direct X Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Direct X Issues: Hi, I recently treated myself to a new low-end gaming laptop in the form of a Dell G3, but I'm having major issues running several games. I discovered this first while downloading and attempting to run Skyrim Special Edition on the new laptop, and it gave me the error "The...
  8. Direct x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct x: I'm unable to play GTA amongest other games and keep getting errors on XINPUT-3dll and XINPUT-7dll ... transfered 3dll from another laptop but got another error . It's really annoying because I can't play my games...
  9. Issues with Direct X.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Direct X.: Whenever I try to open Europa Universalis 4, I get a message regarding D3dx9_43.dll. I tried to install directx 9.0 but you can't on Windows 10. I have directx 12 installed and I don't recall the game needing DX9 as its fairly recent. Any help is appreciated. 27629
  10. Unistall Direct X

in Windows 10 Support
    Unistall Direct X: How to unistall the Direct X 11.1 in Windows 10? 10221