Windows 10: Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10

Discus and support Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I have downloaded a game from gog.com licenced etc. It installed fine but each time I try to open it then launch the game I get the following system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by stuartgeddes, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10

Hi I have downloaded a game from gog.com licenced etc. It installed fine but each time I try to open it then launch the game I get the following system error message "The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_35.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". I have no idea what to do and being windows 10 I have concerns of returning to directx 9 and don't even know if that's safe. please help

:)

stuartgeddes, Jul 20, 2019
  2. VishalH Win User

Compatibility for Direct X 9 games

I use Windows 10 which has Direct X version 12.

Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10 3f40c9de-7245-4492-9cc7-eef69fe2014f.png

I have a pretty old game that requires Direct X 9 or higher. But when I open it say it requires "Direct X 9 or higher, though I have Direct X 12(The game is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas). Where Am I going wrong?

Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10 55d72a4d-e478-4bb3-9da2-b9cc2e27666f.png

VishalH, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Direct X 12 is installed but not supporting games which require Direct X 9

I just got this new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series, with Windows 10. I've attempted to play, to be specific, Rome Total War, off of Steam. When I attempt to play it, the screen flashes black, eventually telling me that the game requires Direct X 9 to work,
    and that I don't have it. Meanwhile my System Information tells me I have Direct X 12 already installed, which supposedly supports all previous Direct X iterations. I have tried numerous times to download the End-user runtimes, each time being told the download
    failed. So what am I doing wrong here?

PatrickLiamHealy, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10

Direct x 9

win 10 comes with direct x 12, trying to get mine craft story for my son and it requires dx 11 and recommends dx 9. how do i install direct x 9?

Richard Sprague (rsprag06), Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10

1. Help Game requiring direct x 9 on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help Game requiring

2. Direct X 9 error not solved with reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct X 9 error not solved with reinstall: I get this error when I try to run games that use dx9. I have deleted all files beginningg with dx3dx9 from both System32 and SysWOW64 and then reinstalled direct x but this has not solved my issue.C:\Windows\System32/d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or...
  3. Direct X 9 error not solved with reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct X 9 error not solved with reinstall: I get this error when I try to run games that use dx9. I have deleted all files beginningg with dx3dx9 from both System32 and SysWOW64 and then reinstalled direct x but this has not solved my issue.C:\Windows\System32/d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or...
  4. Direct X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct X: Hello, I have problem Some Files From Direct X are Missed Like d3dx9_39.dll and stum.dll so I can not Play Riot Games.My PC Dell G15 5510 I Have Windows10 and Direct X 12 What Should I Do?...
  5. DIRECT X 9 ISSUES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DIRECT X 9 ISSUES: Hi, Recently I have tried to play a game that I admittingly haven't played since I got windows 10 and I have been having issues with Direct x 9. I have tried the June 2010 method and that has not worked. I have also tried the compatibility mode for direct x 9 and the...
  6. Direct x 9 not installing for win 10 pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Direct x 9 not installing for win 10 pc: I'm trying to play a older game called Rusty hearts, and i need the direct 9 download for the graphics to not just be a black screen. everytime I try the link which is the suggested fix - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35 the...
  7. direct x

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    direct x: hello to microsoft support and all.i have windows 10 in my pc.my direct x is 12 and i want to delete the directx 12 and install directx 11.what can i do? please someone answer me.thanks a lot...
  8. PROBLEMS WITH DIRECT X! GAMES WILL NOT LAUNCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROBLEMS WITH DIRECT X! GAMES WILL NOT LAUNCH: When I try to launch games (through Steam) it tries to perform first time setup of direct X each time. Whenever I try to install anything Direct X manually it comes up with this error - error creating process appdata/local/temp/IXP000.TMP/dxsetup.exe>. REASON:...
  9. DIRECT X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIRECT X: Hi can I have both direct x 9 and 12 on my computer as an old game needs direct x 9 to run. do the direct x updates override the last installed one? please help and thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/direct-x/ca075e55-41f1-4c14-9847-5e6102c4e834
  10. Direct x

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct x: I'm unable to play GTA amongest other games and keep getting errors on XINPUT-3dll and XINPUT-7dll ... transfered 3dll from another laptop but got another error . It's really annoying because I can't play my games...